Stuart Price on why Madonna didnt work with him after COADF

elijah

Stuart Price in Attitude Magazine on Madonna not working with him after COADF: "Madonna felt that COADF hadn't been a success in the US. Warner records were also saying the same thing. She needed that voice that was telling her to do that and she looked at what was really successful in the US and although I think it wa...s a little late in the curve, she worked with Timbaland and Pharrell."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/MadEyesNet

Stuart Price in Attitude Magazine on Madonna not working with him after COADF: "Madonna felt that COADF hadn't been a success in the US. Warner records were also saying the same thing. She needed that voice that was telling her to do that and she looked at what was really successful in the US and although I think it wa...s a little late in the curve, she worked with Timbaland and Pharrell."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/MadEyesNet

How ironic it sold over double what Hard Candy did...and I am sure Stuart was a bargain compared to Timbaland. Oh well. I'd rather have Madonna taking chances and trying someone new (well, for her anyway) rather than teaming up with the same people over and over again.

I can see where Madonna was coming from, in the sense that Confessions 'only' did well in the USA but it was so massive elsewhere; almost harking back to her big '80s heyday. So Madonna being the Madonna we love so much (as opposed to the Kabbalistic American Life bitch of "I don't care about commercial success") wanted to keep the momentum going and transfer that success across the pond. The only way to do that was to create a massively "American" album, which Hard Candy was.

The two big points against her were her age (which she could do nothing about) and jumping on the Pharrell and Timbaland/Timberlake bandwagon a few years too late, which is a massive NO-NO for Madonna who is always perceived by the public at large as being ahead of everyone else (even if we know that she isn't if you follow pop trends like all fags do). So yeah, that's what went wrong. But still, she came very very close to scoring a US No. 1 with "4 Minutes," so it wasn't all that bad. The aftertaste, though, especially considering that it went on for too long in the shape of "Celebration," still is bitter. Bitch will really need to BRING IT for the next album. If she can be bothered, that is.

I can see where Madonna was coming from, in the sense that Confessions 'only' did well in the USA but it was so massive elsewhere; almost harking back to her big '80s heyday. So Madonna being the Madonna we love so much (as opposed to the Kabbalistic American Life bitch of "I don't care about commercial success") wanted to keep the momentum going and transfer that success across the pond. The only way to do that was to create a massively "American" album, which Hard Candy was.

The two big points against her were her age (which she could do nothing about) and jumping on the Pharrell and Timbaland/Timberlake bandwagon a few years too late, which is a massive NO-NO for Madonna who is always perceived by the public at large as being ahead of everyone else (even if we know that she isn't if you follow pop trends like all fags do). So yeah, that's what went wrong. But still, she came very very close to scoring a US No. 1 with "4 Minutes," so it wasn't all that bad. The aftertaste, though, especially considering that it went on for too long in the shape of "Celebration," still is bitter. Bitch will really need to BRING IT for the next album. If she can be bothered, that is.

:thumbsup:

Let's just hope the next album will not sound like a Lady Gaga album.

Is it just me or does Stu seem cut off from the Madonna corporation? He is not dissing..

but in Queen Estha's universe this is such a No-no & breaching the terms of their colloque singulier. :fag:

The big No-No was that the album was a bunch of bad songs. Had she released "I got a feeling" or "Meet me halfway" or "Gimme More" or even that new Timbaland song with Kate Perry and she would have been on top. But she wrote silly words and choose cast offs from Pussycat Dolls. And openend the album with a song so retard that even a 10 year old would have shelved as a possible b-side. And she even had the megastupid idea of choosing that song as opening concert.

Songs like The Beat Goes On show that Madonna has got the magical touch, is only that she's so insecure about the American market that she doesn't trust herself and that's the worst that can happen to you when you are an artist. Now that songs like Bad Romance and California Gurls are being such a hit having such an European sound, she should try to let herself go and write good melodies, catchy bridges and blow up productions and that's all. For God's sake, she wrote Into The Groove in 5 minutes, she can do that again i am sure that she will.

Well, Stuart did that boring remix of Miles Away. He also said during a radio interview back in 2007 that HE was the one saying to her "if you like what Timbaland did in Justin's last album why don't you work with him?" or something like that.

she came very very close to scoring a US No. 1 with "4 Minutes," so it wasn't all that bad.

When will people understand that that was because Justin Timberlake was on board. Madonna alone singing that song would have been a flop. Give It To Me is made for USA market and wasn't even on radiostations.

The big No-No was that the album was a bunch of bad songs. Had she released "I got a feeling" or "Meet me halfway" or "Gimme More" or even that new Timbaland song with Kate Perry and she would have been on top. But she wrote silly words and choose cast offs from Pussycat Dolls. And openend the album with a song so retard that even a 10 year old would have shelved as a possible b-side. And she even had the megastupid idea of choosing that song as opening concert.

Songs like The Beat Goes On show that Madonna has got the magical touch, is only that she's so insecure about the American market that she doesn't trust herself and that's the worst that can happen to you when you are an artist. Now that songs like Bad Romance and California Gurls are being such a hit having such an European sound, she should try to let herself go and write good melodies, catchy bridges and blow up productions and that's all. For God's sake, she wrote Into The Groove in 5 minutes, she can do that again i am sure that she will.

You really think THAT SHIT is a GOOD SONG?

God. Hard Candy is a MASTERPIECE next to that pile of dirt.

Well, Stuart did that boring remix of Miles Away. He also said during a radio interview back in 2007 that HE was the one saying to her "if you like what Timbaland did in Justin's last album why don't you work with him?" or something like that.

I don't think so. Before Hard Candy was released, there were many rumours about Stuart being pissed with Madonna for selling out and choosing such mainstream producers. Maybe it was only a rumour, but this recent words from Stuart show that they were true.

You really think THAT SHIT is a GOOD SONG?

God. Hard Candy is a MASTERPIECE next to that pile of dirt.

No, it isnt. that song has a killer chorus and a a good feeling vibe, something that lacked in most of Hard Candy songs.

I don't think so. Before Hard Candy was released, there were many rumours about Stuart being pissed with Madonna for selling out and choosing such mainstream producers. Maybe it was only a rumour, but this recent words from Stuart show that they were true.

He said that during a radio interview while talking about the Killers album. He also said that it wasn't his style of music, so he could't do it. And I'm pretty sure Madonna said something similar during an interview.

U know what my beautiful gays...In the long run 't is all 4 the best.

Bitch got it out of her system..the hippest most radio friendly

producers won't get her succes..she knows it & she'll go back

2 making MUSIC.. .

I doesn't have to do with miss Minogue at all. Timbaland gave Madonna his worst songs. I recall before they started recording that he said "Oh, i have a song for madonna that didn't made my album". I was shocked: he gave Madonna a cast off from his recent album. Well, that's enough to slap his ugly face and move on to another producer.

I'm with Acko: she will try harder next time. if only she started writing and recording soon... I hope after her new James Ivory phase she starts making music again.

GI2M - regardess of it being from whatever album is an AMAZING, epic song that totally couldve fit into Confessions Its dancey/pop/disco and catchy as hell. DEF. one of her most underated songs that shouldve been a HUGE hit. I think it wouldve if it only came out during different times!

Timbaland gave Madonna his worst songs. I recall before they started recording that he said "Oh, i have a song for madonna that didn't made my album". I was shocked: he gave Madonna a cast off from his recent album. Well, that's enough to slap his ugly face and move on to another producer.

We don't even know what song that was, and it could've been one that didn't make the cut.

I disagree that Timbaland gave her his worst tracks. On the contrary, "4 Minutes" has a great hook and beat. I know it is treated like the plague around here, but I still think this is a very strong single. It's brassy, big and catchy. Justin may have helped with the airplay, but it is still a legitimate, huge hit - even in Europe where Madonna is way bigger than Justin. I also love "Devil," "Dance 2Night," and "Voices."

Hard Candy was just an experiment with current hiphop/urban dance styles. I understand some people didn't like that style, but it's not the anathema that some are making it out to be, and it did relatively well considering the state of the industry.

It'd be great if Madonna worked with 3 producers for her next album; 1 unknown, 1 shes worked with before and 1 well known :wow: that way the album should have a good flow and be very interesting.

Eh. Bedtime Stories had unknown (Nellee Hooper) and superstar (Babyface, Dallas Austin) and even though I personally love it, its a bit of a mish mosh.

But I'd just be thrilled for an album with;

Stuart Price, Dr Luke and another producer :wow: it'd be fucking awesome foreskin!

Madonna was hugely successful everywhere but the US with Confessions and it makes sense to try and rectify that. Once Madonna parted ways with Warner, they obviously weren't going to give her the push for a big success, so the album became irrelevant before it was released... I like Hard Candy a lot, so whatever.