THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

MADONNA thinks Lady GaGa is a great big copy cat!

According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper, the Holiday hitmaker gets irritated when she sees a clip of the Poker Face singer performing.

It just bugs Madonna that Lady Gaga uses fashion and her performance style in a way that has so many people calling her the new Madonna, a source revealed.

Madonna thinks she is unique and there cannot be a younger version of something that is unique.

I know, added the source with a laugh. Ego, ego, ego.

GaGa has previously revealed that shed like to work with Madonna.

Madonna is great. And I guess I could say we are friends, she said last year. I love her daughter Lourdes.

She is such a lovely young girl. She came to my show with her mom and we got along famously. We got along fine and we did the skit together on SNL and helped the writers. So who knows?

showbizspy.com

Yeah this story is BS for sure.. M has said she is flattered and it really is a massive compliment to her.. because whether you like it or not Gaga is a big star.. it seems like everyone is paying homage to M in some way at the moment..

Please GOD, make it stop! It would be sooooo nice if I could read an article about Lady GaGa where Madonna is NOT mentioned. I never thought I'd get so freakin irritated over something that has nothing to do with me. Sorry, had to vent.

Please GOD, make it stop! It would be sooooo nice if I could read an article about Lady GaGa where Madonna is NOT mentioned. I never thought I'd get so freakin irritated over something that has nothing to do with me. Sorry, had to vent.

apparentely that happened more often after they did the SNL skit. ;)

Yeah this story is BS for sure.. M has said she is flattered and it really is a massive compliment to her.. because whether you like it or not Gaga is a big star.. it seems like everyone is paying homage to M in some way at the moment..

No she didnt. She hasnt said anything about gaga post-alejandro yet.

Guest Not4Pussies

The one thing I admire about M is she sticks up for other female artists and really supports them - even Britney. :dramatic:

the post ROL Madonna does

but not the old Madonna

the old Madonna wouldn't have collaborated with Britney 3 times or supported her

she would've dissed and be bitchy like she used to be back then

Post ROL Madonna happy.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love that Madonna has matured into such a generous, giving woman. However, I sometimes miss bitchy Madonna who said what was on her mind regardless if was rude or politically correct.

Crock of shit story. But when Madonna first hit the pop scene I don't recall her ever being considered as the "new Debbie Harry, Pat Benetar, Cher, Kim Wilde, etc" with constant comparisons. In that respect it shows just how unique Madonna was/is. Poor unfortunate looking GaGa is constantly compared to everyone...even the muppets! lol!

and gaga wouldnt care, she is unstoppable now...

like what madonna was in the 80s

I'm not trying to turn this into an anti-Gaga diatribe thread, because I like her a lot too, but she is basically in the center of her "1985" on the Madonna timeline. She is living through her equivalent of the Like A Virgin hurricane of publicity, which does mean she is huge - but to be an unstoppable force, she will need to turn out a True Blue juggernaut next year, and a Like A Prayer Extinction Level Event in 2014.

and gaga wouldnt care, she is unstoppable now...

like what madonna was in the 80s

I'd argue GaGa is stoppable. Her so-called "creative" well is quickly running dry at a fast rate. That's why every video since Paparazzi we see her on a bed or with a man/charred corpse with overly repetitive playground lyrics. How many more lace doilies and cigarette sunglasses can she wear for audience interest? Next she'll be wearing a toilet seat for a halo instead of a mullet. It's desperate more than it is about creativity. There isn't much of interest as far as her actual music is concerned.

I'd argue GaGa is stoppable. Her so-called "creative" well is quickly running dry at a fast rate. That's why every video since Paparazzi we see her on a bed or with a man/charred corpse with overly repetitive playground lyrics. How many more lace doilies and cigarette sunglasses can she wear for audience interest? Next she'll be wearing a toilet seat for a halo instead of a mullet. It's desperate more than it is about creativity. There isn't much of interest as far as her actual music is concerned.

:rotfl: