THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Most of the simmilarities in that vid are stupid! Gaga may inspire herself on Madonna, but she's not build her career around her.

turn a blind eye evita, turn a bind eye.

OOOOOH I see what you did there. You pulled that reverse psychology ish. Well played sir.

call it whatever you want. it's true.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

What he said.

The fact of the matter is that most of these comparisons HAVE been discussed by many of us, it's just that they tend to fall silent on the loud inane shouts of the "GAGA IS TRASH" brigade which constitutes 80 percent of this board's activity as of late.

If anyone has made this place into GagaNation, it's the haters. The rest of us are perfectly content only giving her the attention when it's deserved, not obsessing 24/7 on how inferior she may be to certain other pop stars.

102.gif

I don't think that's true at all. Gaga haters do post about her a lot but just as many Gaga fans reply to them and contribute to all of the Gaga posts. A lot of times it's just a passing comment but a lot of her fans seem to want to follow up every negative comment with their point of view. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing and I think you guys are making this seem like a bigger problem than it truly it. This happens all the time, last year it was Britney Spears, it'll pass.

Guest jamesshot

I have grown in my admiration of Lady Gaga as of late. I think her finding inspiration in Madonna only enhances Madonna's legend because Gaga has made some really good music in a short period of time. And she is talented.

I have to make this observation. I watched "Party Monster" the other night and Lady Gaga is 100% what they were. LOL. Maybe she has made a reference to it that I am not aware but if not she totally ripped them off.

I've been at the first gig and that was pure (if this make sense),the second was still ok moenywise but after the price increased (a lot) and nothing has been changed I didn't enjoy it.

But IT IS VERY GOOD for young generation 12-20 to have a new express yourself idol. We can't expect that a 14 yo (gay or not) is going to buy LAP to feel where is his (her) place in this world.

She's the new Madonna in this sense.... helping people to do whatever they want to do because it is good and great to feel normal or abnormal, just be yourself. Madonna is 52 - her Music is great and she did History (and eventually she still making it - I LOVE HER SO MUCH :-)) but to be honest it was time for someone else to help her to rule the world and not cheat or fake religious aka "put a ring on it" artist is doing. BE YOURSELF AND FUCK FUCK AND do not care about what the world is up to say! If it is good for you it is good for everyone else. Lady Gaga is doing what Britney failed (even if musically - i know that this doesn't make sense because Briteny doesn't count musically - I still prefer her to Lady Gaga but this is me: poor little gay boy) take people by the hand and set them free to be.

of course they wouldn't discuss the comparisons. they know its true though. it's not just M fans saying it, it's everyone. bottom line is...they're hypocrites. perfect example...when xtina did nmt they were right there pointing out how she was ripping M off (myself included). yet when the shadow rips M off all the usual suspects deny it. i wonder why they deny it? maybe they're the ones who feel threatened because so many are now on to shadows game. :think:

OR, alternatively, maybe Gaga's so-called "rip-offs" actually have a stroke of INTRIGUE to them that makes them a bit more DISCUSSION-WORTHY than XTina's? Or is that notion simply just too much to grasp?

I simply am mystified at the glaring double standard we have going on here. The comparisons are there, they always have been. But Gaga is living in an era where Madonna covered all the bases, and there will always be a star who is emulating her in some capacity, be it subtle or direct. The fundamental difference is that none of the other so-called "Madonna clones" EVER inspired this much animosity, perhaps because Gaga is finding immense success in it where most others have faltered. So why is that her handicap? She has found success at what she does, and she does it in amusing ways. She is entitled to it. Exactly HOW does this affect Madonna being the legend she is?

What's good to see is that she is inspiring such a passionate response (both negative and positive) in all of you. It's the provocateur in her -- and THAT is ultimately what makes her MOST like Madonna.

The fundamental difference is that none of the other so-called "Madonna clones" EVER inspired this much animosity

I think this is interesting. In almost 30 years, I thnk GaGa is the first one that has actually ever come close to Madonna. All the others, from Paula and Janet to Britney and Christina have never gone beyond Pop Princess. GaGa is the first one to be inventive, interesting and controversial enough to actually make a serious play for the Pop Queen crown. Couple that with the fact that Madonna seems to be losing interest in her own career in the past few years with lackluster music, repetitive tours and endless sponsorship deals and I think its obvious why Madonna fans seem so threatened.

I think this is interesting. In almost 30 years, I thnk GaGa is the first one that has actually ever come close to Madonna. All the others, from Paula and Janet to Britney and Christina have never gone beyond Pop Princess. GaGa is the first one to be inventive, interesting and controversial enough to actually make a serious play for the Pop Queen crown. Couple that with the fact that Madonna seems to be losing interest in her own career in the past few years with lackluster music, repetitive tours and endless sponsorship deals and I think its obvious why Madonna fans seem so threatened.

:lmao: @ the bolded part

When the other pop princesses copy Madonna sometimes , they're still themselves , their identity is still there. Gaga is not copying her anymore , she's trying TO BE HER. she's having an identity crisis I think. when she first started she may have copied Madonna a couple of times but she was still LADY GAGA :dramatic: now she's just a shadow of Madonna.

and wasn't Britney Spears met with the same animosity before Gaga? she wasn't trying THAT HARD to copy Madonna :horn:

When the other pop princesses copy Madonna sometimes , they're still themselves , their identity is still there. Gaga is not copying her anymore , she's trying TO BE HER. she's having an identity crisis I think. when she first started she may have copied Madonna a couple of times but she was still LADY GAGA :dramatic: now she's just a shadow of Madonna.

How exactly IS she Madonna? This is exactly the kind of reductive and basically ignorant comment I was talking about. Does blond hair mean Madonna? Broaden your scope.

and wasn't Britney Spears met with the same animosity before Gaga? she wasn't trying THAT HARD to copy Madonna :horn:

according to CUMM she's trying to be Michael Jackson

i dont care if she is taking a place where Madonna used to be, i just wish it was someone else with better senses that i could admire. There wont be ever a new Madonna but at least an artist that i could connect in a close way i do with Madonna. Lady Gaga just fails for me in every way, her songs are just random pop songs to me, nothing less and nothing more.

How exactly IS she Madonna? This is exactly the kind of reductive and basically ignorant comment I was talking about. Does blond hair mean Madonna? Broaden your scope.

obviously that's not the only thing , but If you don't see it then that's not my problem.

You only see what your eyes want to see

that goes for both of us :horn:

obviously that's not the only thing , but If you don't see it then that's not my problem.

You only see what your eyes want to see

that goes for both of us :horn:

I'm honestly asking a question here. People just say OMG SHES BEING MADONNA but never actually bring any examples othen that pics of her with blond hair and red lips? If the resemblance is so skin deep then why is everyone so upset? I honestly DONT SEE IT, enlighten me.

I donno if I've ever seen a post from you without pointing out how threatened a Madonna fan is about something... how does it differ from your devotion to Britney Spears and hatred for Christina Agularia exactly?

i dont care if she is taking a place where Madonna used to be, i just wish it was someone else with better senses that i could admire. There wont be ever a new Madonna but at least an artist that i could connect in a close way i do with Madonna. Lady Gaga just fails for me in every way, her songs are just random pop songs to me, nothing less and nothing more.

I agree with this. I mean, if there's was actually a girl out there who was carrying on the spirit of Madonna who was actually good, made good music, and wasn't annoying I would love that and would probably be into her. Lady Gaga has never impressed me though. Her music has always sounded generic to me and none of her videos interest me at all, not even "Bad Romance" that people seem to have loved. I also have never been blown away by any of her performances. I guess she is just one of those artists who I will never love. I don't connect with her at all.

Guest imalq

i dont dislike her but she really really really needs to stop with the act. face what she really is. she thinks shes haute couture... shes a walking high school art project.

everything looks cheap and homemade.

shes a naive girl who thinks shes the shit. shes yet to develop her own personality as an artist. all this success came too fast, too soon.

she couldnt be more obnoxious in interviews. ive stopped watching them along with the videos. that have the same fooled notion of grandeur. plus she really doesnt have any charisma or stage presence. bitch needs a nose dive so bad!

then she can go back to those Just Dance/Love Game days where her outfits and personality were actually charming.

The Fame Monster wasnt a bad album at all though.