THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

this has nothing to do wth madonna or joanne. nothing.

is ringo starr a talented drummer? to some. that makes it relative.

is courtney love a talented guitarist? to some. that makes it relative.

is jane child a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is janet jackson a talented song writer? to some. that makes it relative.

is yoko ono a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is picasso a talented painter? to some. that makes it relative.

You keep confusing whether someone LIKES Ringo Starr or Courtney Love with the FACT if they have talent or not.

Talent is relative. The Ringo Starr and Courtney Love examples were spot on. By Gimme's logic they do have talent but I know a lot of guitarists and drummers who laugh at their abilities. This conversation reminds me of years back when Alicia Keys won all of those Grammy's. Clive Davis marketed her as this classically trained pianist and skilled songwriter to give her more credibility. After wards there was this huge backlash within the R&B community because people said her skills on the piano were very basic and her songwriter was juvenile. Gaga and her people are very smart because they understand the power of perception. Her music is not any more cutting edge than the Britney's and the Kylie's of the world yet she is perceived to have more depth because we occasionally see her behind the piano and we're constantly reminded that she writes her own songs. It's all marketing. It's why Beyonce pays songwriters to remove their name from the credits so that she can be viewed as a songwriter. It's why Lauryn Hill took credit for work that she didn't do on her album and was called out about it years later. People want to feel like they're listening to music of substance and they feel like if they listen to a SINGER/SONGWRITER/MUSICIAN that they're doing just that.

Guest jamesshot

Talent is relative. The Ringo Starr and Courtney Love examples were spot on. By Gimme's logic they do have talent but I know a lot of guitarists and drummers who laugh at their abilities. This conversation reminds me of years back when Alicia Keys won all of those Grammy's. Clive Davis marketed her as this classically trained pianist and skilled songwriter to give her more credibility. After wards there was this huge backlash within the R&B community because people said her skills on the piano were very basic and her songwriter was juvenile. Gaga and her people are very smart because they understand the power of perception. Her music is not any more cutting edge than the Britney's and the Kylie's of the world yet she is perceived to have more depth because we occasionally see her behind the piano and we're constantly reminded that she writes her own songs. It's all marketing. It's why Beyonce pays songwriters to remove their name from the credits so that she can be viewed as a songwriter. It's why Lauryn Hill took credit for work that she didn't do on her album and was called out about it years later. People want to feel like they're listening to music of substance and they feel like if they listen to a SINGER/SONGWRITER/MUSICIAN that they're doing just that.

Spot on! :clap:

Was this posted already here?

Andy Cohen posted this

Is Gaga working thru Madonna playbook-giving finger looking v 'true blue'.. 'alejandro' is essentially 'isla bonita'. this is original?

9:06 AM Jun 12th via web

Ingrid Casares commented to him

@BravoAndy as my friend madonna says"is that the video where she thinks she is me"??... weird!!

3:34 PM Jun 12th via web in reply to BravoAndy

Andy Cohen posted this

Is Gaga working thru Madonna playbook-giving finger looking v 'true blue'.. 'alejandro' is essentially 'isla bonita'. this is original?

@BravoAndy as my friend madonna says"is that the video where she thinks she is me"??... weird!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Andy Cohen posted this

hahahahahha. I could so imagine her saying that. And smiling wryly. Or throwing her head back and laughing. :sassy:

:vogue::sassy::lmao:

Guest Pud Whacker

Andy Cohen posted this

:rotfl:

thats our madonna. in print she will say, "shes wonderful" - love the behind the scenes real chatter. xo

Pud, I don't think she has ever given Gaga a straight up compliment anyway. At all. She didn't take her eyes off her blackberry when she went to her show. She said that she reminded of her 'when she first started and things were a mess'. :sassy:

32127_1523014036034_1255095120_31523917_3246258_n.jpg

:horn:

She started dressing like me and talking like me

It freaked me out

She started dying her hair and wearing the same

Perfume as me

She started reading my books and stealin' my looks

And lingerie

She's not me

She doesn't have my name

She'll never have what I have

It won't be the same

It won't be the same

I know I can do it better

i just realized Madge already foresee all this

this song must be dedicated to Gaga :dramatic:

She started dressing like me and talking like me

It freaked me out

She started dying her hair and wearing the same

Perfume as me

She started reading my books and stealin' my looks

And lingerie

She's not me

She doesn't have my name

She'll never have what I have

It won't be the same

It won't be the same

I know I can do it better

i just realized Madge already foresee all this

this song must be dedicated to Gaga :dramatic:

:dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

Lol ay M, as much as I think M doesn't pay attention to gaga, I think it comes to a point where she realizes how hard she is getting ripped off. So it goes from flattery to insult

Lol ay M, as much as I think M doesn't pay attention to gaga, I think it comes to a point where she realizes how hard she is getting ripped off. So it goes from flattery to insult

yup....i think she's feeling it now....at the beginning she thought "oh that's cute...another one" but because Lady Gaga is having all this success and using past MADONNA for it......she's pissed....I hope she fucks her over soon.

Andy Cohen posted this

I sooo believe she said that :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

you know that she's just being nice for the media, but deep inside she's still a bitch :lol: I love her

of course!!! she would never publicly say it, it would be her ex-husband ingrid. and i love how its so dismissive in typical madonna fashion. people are all probably up her cooch asking what she thinks and shes like - oh, is that one where shes trying to be me? ahahhahahhahah she doesnt even care. oh, another wannabe.