THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

I absolutely believe it's possible; but because Madonna is so relevant in the pop music industry, it's going to take someone who genuinely thinks outside of the box and organically has his or her finger on the pulse of the cultural subconscious to do this. KEY WORDS are organically and genuinely

We live in a lazy culture where money dictates creativity and respect more than ever; for example: reality stars replaced real actors = they are cheap and bring ratings; the internet replaced real journalism = who needs college when you can blog ? recycle old, surefire successful ideas: movie remakes, song samples, and Madonna wannabes come to mind.

There's very little thought that goes into art anymore. Technology has taken away the importance of using your brain. It's going to take someone very special to change the scene around. To me, Madonna is still this person.

:thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

So being able to play the piano and write on it doesnt make you talented?

why do you play dumb? you know exactly what he said and you know what i reiterated.

talent is relative.

do you like joanne? if yes, great - glow on. quit picking on the people that dont.

Guest Pud Whacker

I absolutely believe it's possible; but because Madonna is so relevant in the pop music industry, it's going to take someone who genuinely thinks outside of the box and organically has his or her finger on the pulse of the cultural subconscious to do this. KEY WORDS are organically and genuinely

We live in a lazy culture where money dictates creativity and respect more than ever; for example: reality stars replaced real actors = they are cheap and bring ratings; the internet replaced real journalism = who needs college when you can blog ? recycle old, surefire successful ideas: movie remakes, song samples, and Madonna wannabes come to mind.

There's very little thought that goes into art anymore. Technology has taken away the importance of using your brain. It's going to take someone very special to change the scene around. To me, Madonna is still this person.

perfection. xo

why do you play dumb? you know exactly what he said and you know what i reiterated.

talent is relative.

do you like joanne? if yes, great - glow on. quit picking on the people that dont.

I'm not picking on anyone and talent is NOT relative. Christina Aguilera is talented. Her output is largely shit but her talent is undeniable. Being a technically good piano player is a talent and having it makes you talented.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm not picking on anyone and talent is NOT relative. Christina Aguilera is talented. Her output is largely shit but her talent is undeniable. Being a technically good piano player is a talent and having it makes you talented.

technically good is not talent.

talent is relative. end.

now go try and irritate someone who disagrees with you, even though you fully agree. xo

:clap: do not bother anymore. ;)

talent [ˈtælənt]

n

1. innate ability, aptitude, or faculty, esp when unspecified; above average ability a talent for cooking a child with talent

She is an accomplished piano player THEREFORE talented. Its not my fault you cant converse without becoming 'irritated'.

Guest Pud Whacker

tal·ent (tlnt)

n.

1. A marked innate ability, as for artistic accomplishment. See Synonyms at ability.

She is an accomplished piano player THEREFORE talented. Its not my fault you cant converse without becoming 'irritated'.

im not irritated. i can handle it just fine.

you will take this personally but its not meant to be. you find britney spears talented. i dont. therefore its relative.

talent shows? i can assure you, what we individually see as talented is relative.

Britney is not a talented musician obviously. As for the irritation part, you said it, not me. Talent is not subjective. It shines through. That's why only people on THIS FORUM now apparently claim that GaGa is NOT TALENTED in spite of her singing, writing, producing and playing an instrument.

i see madonna as a talented guitar player, others do not, therefore - its relative.

Yeah well... I didnt want to take it there but there you have it. You cant pick and choose or christen someone talented or not. Its right there for everyone to see. Choosing to see someone as talented because you love them or to deny someones talents because you hate them doesnt make talent subjective. It just makes you biased.

Guest Pud Whacker

Britney is not a talented musician obviously. As for the irritation part, you said it, not me. Talent is not subjective. It shines through. That's why only people on THIS FORUM now apparently claim that GaGa is NOT TALENTED in spite of her singing, writing, producing and playing an instrument.

thats your M.O. its what you like to do.

i know many people who sing, rite, produce and play an instrument. some of them are talented, a lot of them are not. its relative.

Guest Pud Whacker

so If you play guitar, two or three chords you're actually talented?

ask courtney love. some find her talented, some do not.

madonna plays a lot more than that and more instruments. again, youre remark proves it relative.

Guest jamesshot

I never said Gaga wasn't talented. I actually like her. I only said whenever someone sees someone play a piano they automatically give you the talent card. They don't wait to see if the person can play it well all they see is someone banging on a piano and automatically think they are talented.

Then again, you knew what I was saying you were just typically trying to start shit per usual. Passive/aggressiveness doesn't suit you well.

thats your M.O. its what you like to do.

i know many people who sing, rite, produce and play an instrument. some of them are talented, a lot of them are not. its relative.

What exactly is my MO? Talking? Its enough that people are so threatened by GaGa that they resort to juvenile name calling and death wishes but to deny her talent is just ABSURD. Then again what else is new.

To be an ACCOMPLISHED singer or pianist takes talent. I posted the DEFINITION of it for christ sakes. An opera singer is not my cup of tea but she is talented. All those kids on American Idol are not my cup of tea either but they are talented. You cant confuse talent with some misguided notion of what is 'cool' or 'sexy'.

I never said Gaga wasn't talented. I actually like her. I only said whenever someone sees someone play a piano they automatically give you the talent card. They don't wait to see if the person can play it well all they see is someone banging on a piano and automatically think they are talented.

Then again, you knew what I was saying you were just typically trying to start shit per usual. Passive/aggressiveness doesn't suit you well.

WHAT with the personal shit. OH WELL.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah well... I didnt want to take it there but there you have it. You cant pick and choose or christen someone talented or not. Its right there for everyone to see. Choosing to see someone as talented because you love them or to deny someones talents because you hate them doesnt make talent subjective. It just makes you biased.

no. youre not an idiot - you play one well - does that make you a talented idiot?

if we go to symphony this evening and see truly accomplished instrument players - these nonsensical pop stars all look talent-less. therefore its relative.

Guest Pud Whacker

What exactly is my MO? Talking? Its enough that people are so threatened by GaGa that they resort to juvenile name calling and death wishes but to deny her talent is just ABSURD. Then again what else is new.

To be an ACCOMPLISHED singer or pianist takes talent. I posted the DEFINITION of it for christ sakes. An opera singer is not my cup of tea but she is talented. All those kids on American Idol are not my cup of tea either but they are talented. You cant confuse talent with some misguided notion of what is 'cool' or 'sexy'.

shyt stirring, argument for argument sake. even though you agree. thats the MO.

the bolded, i have no idea what youre talking about. im speaking under the heading of relative.

Talent is not like being pregnant. GaGa may not be as talented in classical piano as symphony virtuosos. But she IS a talented piano player and performer.

As for the idiot business, I find it hilarious that people blame ME for trying to start shit.

Guest Pud Whacker

Talent is not like being pregnant. GaGa may not be as talented in classical piano as symphony virtuosos. But she IS a talented piano player and performer.

As for the idiot business, I find it hilarious that people blame ME for trying to start shit.

possibly to you - which makes it relative.

to a classical pianist, they would laugh and call her talent-less. that is relative.

i feel like this is sesame street. :rotfl:

shyt stirring, argument for argument sake. even though you agree. thats the MO.

the bolded, i have no idea what youre talking about. im speaking under the heading of relative.

I am trying to explain why I even bother at this point. It is pointless and futile but I am trying to make a point. I should know better than to try to defend anyone but Madonna with certain posters but to call her talentless is just absurd.

possibly to you - which makes it relative.

to a classical pianist, they would laugh and call her talent-less. that is relative.

i feel like this is sesame street. :rotfl:

To me and every professional reviewer that has caught her live act. And how do you know what a classical pianist would say?

Guest Pud Whacker

I am trying to explain why I even bother at this point. It is pointless and futile but I am trying to make a point. I should know better than to try to defend anyone but Madonna with certain posters but to call her talentless is just absurd.

this has nothing to do wth madonna or joanne. nothing.

is ringo starr a talented drummer? to some. that makes it relative.

is courtney love a talented guitarist? to some. that makes it relative.

is jane child a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is janet jackson a talented song writer? to some. that makes it relative.

is yoko ono a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is picasso a talented painter? to some. that makes it relative.

Guest Pud Whacker

To me and every professional reviewer that has caught her live act. And how do you know what a classical pianist would say?

i dont, and thats why it makes it relative.

Guest jamesshot

this has nothing to do wth madonna or joanne. nothing.

is ringo starr a talented drummer? to some. that makes it relative.

is courtney love a talented guitarist? to some. that makes it relative.

is jane child a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is janet jackson a talented song writer? to some. that makes it relative.

is yoko ono a talented singer? to some. that makes it relative.

is picasso a talented painter? to some. that makes it relative.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::bow::lmao:

i can play chopsticks, twinkle twinkle little star, and heart and soul on the piano. I'm proficient at it, therefore i'm accomplished.