THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Lady Gaga hits the stage in more Madonna-inspired costumes after banning her dancers from having sex on tour

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:43 PM on 24th May 2010

After recharging her batteries in the French Riviera earlier in the week, Lady Gaga hit the stage again in Paris last night during The Monster Ball Tour.

The Paparazzi singer was back to work and gave it her all in Madonna-inspired costumes and wild dance moves.

She sported a PVC bodysuit soaked in blood, studded bras and knickers with ripped fishnet stockings and a mirrored dress just to name a few of her wacky costume changes.

Lady G has also sparked controversy over her strange requests on tour, one of them being that her dancers are banned from having sex during the tour because she wants them to ‘make love to her on stage’, the Daily Star Sunday reported.

She has made it quite clear to all her dancers they are not allowed to have sex while the tour is still going.....

Read more

No other female artist will ever have the variety that Madonna possess in her catalogue:

Pop, Disco, dance-pop, rock, synthpop, new wave, pop-rock, soundtrack, gospel, jazz, new jack swing, contemporary R&B, house, trip hop, trance, ambient, soft rock, latin, adult contemporary, musical, orchestra, art music, electronica, techno, funk, country pop, folk, electropop, pop rap, glitch, hip hop.

I'll try to give the examples! :D

Pop: SHE'S THE DNA OF POP NO EXAMPLES NEEDED

Disco: "Future Lovers"

Dance-Pop: "Into the Groove"

Rock: "Laugh to Keep from Crying"

Synthpop: "Sorry" (Pet Shop Boys Remix) :confused:

New Wave: "Material Girl"...right?

Pop-Rock: "Burning Up"

Soundtrack: Any of the soundtrack songs :blink:

Gospel: "Like a Prayer", "X-Static Process"

Jazz: "Sooner or Later", "Where Life Begins",

New Jack (should be Jill, she's a LADY :sassy: ) Swing: "Keep It Together"

Contemporary R&B: "Beat Goes On"

House: "Vogue", "Rescue Me"

Trip Hop: "I Want You", "Frozen"

Trance: "Get Together"...right?

Ambient: "Has to Be"

Soft Rock: "White Heat"

Latin: "La Isla Bonita", "Spanish Eyes"

Adult Contemporary: "You'll See"

Musical: Evita

Orchestra: "I Want You" (orchestral version), "Voices" (orchestral version) :lmao:

Art music: :confused:

Electronica: "Paradise (Not for Me)"

Techno: "Celebration"

Funk: "Love Song"

Country Pop: "Don't Tell Me"

Folk: "I Deserve It" (Folktronica *coughs*)

Electropop: "Music", "Die Another Day"

Pop Rap: "4 Minutes" :lol:

Glitch: Not sure what is this :confused:

Hip-Hop: "Justify My Love", "Waiting"

Lady G has also sparked controversy over her strange requests on tour, one of them being that her dancers are banned from having sex during the tour because she wants them to ‘make love to her on stage’, the Daily Star Sunday reported.

She has made it quite clear to all her dancers they are not allowed to have sex while the tour is still going.....

Seeing the QUEENS she has with her on tour, they were probably DAISY CHAINING so much all day, they didnt have the energy to lift a finger on stage.

Lady Gaga hits the stage in more Madonna-inspired costumes after banning her dancers from having sex on tour

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 1:43 PM on 24th May 2010

After recharging her batteries in the French Riviera earlier in the week, Lady Gaga hit the stage again in Paris last night during The Monster Ball Tour.

The Paparazzi singer was back to work and gave it her all in Madonna-inspired costumes and wild dance moves.

She sported a PVC bodysuit soaked in blood, studded bras and knickers with ripped fishnet stockings and a mirrored dress just to name a few of her wacky costume changes.

Lady G has also sparked controversy over her strange requests on tour, one of them being that her dancers are banned from having sex during the tour because she wants them to 'make love to her on stage', the Daily Star Sunday reported.

Read more

:rotfl: oh my

Guest jamesshot

There isn't a gay boy alive who hasn't heard of Madonna. When I go out, MOST of the young crowd not only like Madonna, they love her. At least here in Houston. However, gays tend to be very.......trendy and Gaga is very "in" right now. Naturally, Madonna is on the wane because she hasn't done anything new in almost 2 years ( and no, I don't count the single Celebration as new). Madonna is still as relevant today as she was 10 years ago with her fan base, girls and gays. Once she comes out with something hot and new, it will be Madonna mania all over again.

Gaga isn't going to diss her because she is sincere when she says she likes and respects her. I am sure she will say something dumb concerning Madonna eventually but Gaga knows where to give respect.

Lady Gaga: “Nobody will ever be the new Madonna”

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

Lady Gaga: Nobody will ever be the new Madonna. Nobody will ever take her place. What Madonna did for feminism and for women all over the world, for the sexual revolution, can never be replicated because it has already been done.

Source: http://www.absolumen...1-sept-huit.php

That comment is the most astute thing she has said since she's achieved fame. All the pretenders who follow will always trail in Madonna's wake. It's the law of gravitas.

I believe she is genuinely saying that... I mean, if we are MADONNA fans and we get to be near MADONNA's popularity this must be what we are going to say exactly...

I think she is a true MADONNA fan...

the funny part is she denies she's new Madonna but she gives the most famous Madonna quote ever as if it was her own... "I wanna rule the world"

I cringed a little at that part. She did say she wanted to be bigger than Madonna.

from the new interview on SHOWstudio:

Question: Warhol is such a big influence in your work, and Madonna is as well. How is it having a personal relationship with her now? After all she did know Warhol, and I think we can state he's your biggest influence. Meeting you for 1 minute was so surreal (you gave me an autograph after a concert.) I can't even imagine having a personal relationship with someone I adore so much. How do you feel when someone not only so iconic, but also such a big personal influence, is suddenly an accessible person? - Asked by Laurent James, Antwerp, Belgium.

Gaga: Madonna is a wonderful wonderful person. She is so full of the most wonderful freedom and spirit, and is so kind. Working with her has always been very exciting and very fun. We have shared some wonderful honest moments together. She comes to my shows, I've asked her questions, she give me advice. It's been my experience in the industry that I've connected on a much deeper level with the more iconic and legendary people that I have admired, and not with any of my contemporaries. The one things the legends all; have in common are that they are the nicest human beings I have ever met. As a segue-way from knowing, and meeting and loving Madonna it has allowed me to meet amazing, wonderful iconic people. By meeting these people, I have discovered myself. My freedom. My security. Myself.

Guest chatty kathy

:thumbsup: Nice read cosmic!

:lol: Gaga haters, keep on hating. And doesn't even trash talk M!

Nothing but praise, yet why all the hate? Makes no sense to me.

Let's put all of the La-Steph-bowing-down-to-Her-Madgesty comments here.

With that last comment, she acts like they've worked together on a lot of things, when it was just one uninspired SNL skit.

Guest chatty kathy

:rotfl: Well at least something positive is better than all the Elton, and UK girl wannabe's talking trash about her for several years.

Nice little break from that.

That showstudio interview was cringeworthy.

The thing that was cringeworthy is the fucking sound of the dude typing through the whole damn interview.

That showstudio interview was cringeworthy. The pretention and fakeness of this woman is astounding.

of course its fake and pretentious its got to be, because shes just repeating what madonna does, its a shame for any female singer this century because madonna has done it all before there is absolutely nothing a female singer can do now that madonna hasnt done already.