THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Guest nothingfails0603

Britney Spears , hello?

In 1999 Britney was mostly seen as an inoffensive teen star who'd be over in a few years, about the same way Miley Cyrus is viewed now. It wasn't until around the third album that I saw people really begin to compare Britney to Madonna.

Britney Spears , hello?

Yes, and look at the impact she has had on pop culture for better or worse. I am not one to defend her. I never clicked with her, but I can admit when it comes to females in pop music she has made the biggest impact since Madonna. Not saying her impact has been anywhere near as massive as Madonna's of course, but in the last 30 years when you think of women in pop music most would probably think of Madonna or Brit.

At the end of the day who is the best singer and dancer, or who is the best looking doesnt fucking matter. What matters is having that IT factor. That something you really cant place a finger on, or explain. The ability to connect with a large amount of people and hold on to that. Its too early in Gaga's career to know if she has that power, but yelling about how ugly, or untalented she is doesnt really matter, because again the same shit was said about Madonna and yet here she remains.

why do you login to this place still, if you're obviously over Madonna? :wacko:

Bitch, quote me at any point saying I am over Madonna? Get real and stop pulling shit out of your ass.

Bitch, quote me at any point saying I am over Madonna? Get real and stop pulling shit out of your ass.

well, I and I'm sure many other are over your Lady Gaga Propaganda let it go for fucks sake, you're worse than QB and I thought you used to be cool :fag:

Yes, and look at the impact she has had on pop culture for better or worse. I am not one to defend her. I never clicked with her, but I can admit when it comes to females in pop music she has made the biggest impact since Madonna. Not saying her impact has been anywhere near as massive as Madonna's of course, but in the last 30 years when you think of women in pop music most would probably think of Madonna or Brit.

At the end of the day who is the best singer and dancer, or who is the best looking doesnt fucking matter. What matters is having that IT factor. That something you really cant place a finger on, or explain. The ability to connect with a large amount of people and hold on to that. Its too early in Gaga's career to know if she has that power, but yelling about how ugly, or untalented she is doesnt really matter, because again the same shit was said about Madonna and yet here she remains.

nobody said Madonna was ugly, again you're wrong, you really have little connaissance about the 80's do you?

Guest nothingfails0603

Why do people think that you either have to be Team Madonna or Team Gaga and act like you can't possibly like both artists because liking Gaga is somehow being "disloyal" to Madonna? This isn't football or even politics (how many people do you know who like both Obama and Palin?). I loved both Cyndi Lauper and Madonna in the 80's, I loved both Janet and Madonna in the early 90's, I love both Gaga and Madonna now. Liking more than one artist is not going to make you a "traitor" to an artist.

nobody said Madonna was ugly, again you're wrong

Thats funny. I recall J. Randy Taraborelli recalling meeting Madonna at the start of her career thinking in his head when Madonna went on about how huge she was going to be how her illusions were silly because she was equipped with a fair voice and no reigning beauty.

Hell, I had to grow up hearing on a daily basis from my best friend how ugly he thinks Madonna is. I have met people that think Angelina Jolie is ugly for christ sake.

Guest nothingfails0603

bullshit

you know what's even more bullshit? The attitude that one cannot possibly be able to enjoy both Madonna and Gaga? You act like people who like Gaga obviously have turned in Madonna because it's an ungraspable concept that people can actually enjoy more than one artist or type of music. Gaga is the most exciting pop star to come around in at least a decade and a lot of people have responded well to her. Thinking she's fun and enjoying her music is not the same thing as deciding "okay, Madonna's over, it's about Gaga now". That mentality is fucking bullshit. There's room for both Madonna and Gaga and liking Gaga doesn't automatically mean you're being this traitor who now hates Madonna. I preferred Madonna but the "rivalry" didn't stop me being excited over Janet in the day.

And even Madonna admits at the start of her career people were calling her fat. Not exactly something you would hear from people who thought she was a walking vision of beauty. :wacko:

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't remember any classmates finding her ugly per se, but it did seem like most people seemed to view her as a whore. People would always bash me liking her and use "Madonna is a slut". Paula Abdul and Cindy Crawford were more what the guys my age were lusting over back in the days of school. The only time I remember any guys raving about Madonna being hot was during the time Take A Bow was big and a few guys were talking about how they couldn't believe how hot she looked in the bed scenes in it.

Of course the early 90's was different than the mid/late 80's but most people my age hadn't even really discovered girls at that age, but by the early 90's she was viewed as a slut moreso than a hot babe.

you're worse than QB and I thought you used to be cool :fag:

Well its nice to know me liking Gaga has sent me from the "cool" category into the "You suck donkey dick" category. :lol:

Ill own it.

You do understand that just about every thing you throw at Gaga in this list has been said about Madonna, and is still said by people that hate her.

She sucks, she cant sing, she rips people off and is unoriginal, she cant really dance, her playing guitar is laughable (funny that you would pick on Gaga playing piano but I am sure you have no problem with Madonna rocking out on a guitar after ignoring it for 20 years), Madonna dresses like a slut, she is a gapped toothed midget whore, she only does things to shock people and thats the only reason people give a shit, old and ugly, washed up and blah blah blah.

Do I agree with any of this? No. But its just funny as hell reading the so called negatives against Gaga, and me scratching my head thinking, "Now where have I heard all this stuff before?"

My main problem with gaga is that people proclaim her to be this hugely talented entertainer yet she isn't doing anything that say her contempories like Katy Perry have been doing. I used to like her when Just Dance came out. But when pokerface came out thats when i went off her. the Just dance video made sense and the story fitted the theme/message of the song which was great but her videos ever after have all been about pulling a random theme out of no where that has absouletley nothing to do with the song. Take telephone for instance, the video is completely irrelevant to the song. The song says about someone ditching her then trying to get hold of her later on when shes out partying. Yet the video consists of her in jail, having a suggested lesbian affair with beyonce, killing a whole diner of people, dancing in a kitchen with a whole lot of gay guys. What does that have to do with the song? (As the parody says "Please don't beat me up but I have to ask what does it have to do with a telephone?")

Yes the guitar playing of Madonna is also average. I didn't say gaga was bad at piano I just said it was adequate. It's not good but not bad either. I would have more respect for gaga if she created work that wasn't about trying to be out there but was instead about fitting the theme of the music. She has potential but so far I'm not impressed, it's great if you are but I need something consistant and Madonna's videos fit the theme/lyrics of her songs.

Lady Gaga: “Nobody will ever be the new Madonna”

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

Lady Gaga gave an interview to french channel, TF1…

Again, she’s being described as “the new Madonna” and the one who’s “showing the world how old Madonna is”, but Gaga refuses any comparison…

Here’s what she had to say…

TF1: You are an Italian from New York, people always compare you to Madonna. Are you saying that you’re here to end Madonna’s reign, and that you are the post-Madonna of pop?

Lady Gaga: Nobody will ever be the new Madonna. Nobody will ever take her place. What Madonna did for feminism and for women all over the world, for the sexual revolution, can never be replicated because it has already been done.

Source: http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/posts/20100523-news-en-madonna-lady-gaga-tf1-sept-huit.php

she's not stupid...she knows a lot of MADONNA fans are also fans of hers...and she knows she might alienate a lot of those fans by speaking negatively about MADONNA..she's not a dmmy.....so i'll give her that.

I dont know if a lot of her fans are Madonna fans to be honest. There are a lot of kids out there who like her but have probably never heard of Madonna or even Britney. Gaga's words dont mean much btw she loves Paris Hilton's record!

Lady Gaga: “Nobody will ever be the new Madonna”

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

Lady Gaga gave an interview to french channel, TF1…

Again, she’s being described as “the new Madonna” and the one who’s “showing the world how old Madonna is”, but Gaga refuses any comparison…

Here’s what she had to say…

TF1: You are an Italian from New York, people always compare you to Madonna. Are you saying that you’re here to end Madonna’s reign, and that you are the post-Madonna of pop?

Lady Gaga: Nobody will ever be the new Madonna. Nobody will ever take her place. What Madonna did for feminism and for women all over the world, for the sexual revolution, can never be replicated because it has already been done.

At the end of the day who is the best singer and dancer, or who is the best looking doesnt fucking matter. What matters is having that IT factor. That something you really cant place a finger on, or explain. The ability to connect with a large amount of people and hold on to that.

True.

Straight after Madonna went to Gaga's show, the press got behind her and this massive snowballing effect happened.. the media has not got this excited about anyone (except Madonna) since Britney's breakdown.. and it wasn't until after Madonna herself stepped in and got behind Brits and told them to lay off her, that the press actually backed off.

So the moral of the story is the world still revolves around Madonna and we can thank her for the rise of Gaga.. but on a more positive note, it is a very refreshing to have the press in a tailspin over someone actually doing some work with at least a questionable amount of artistic merit.. as oppossed to just taking drugs and making wrong decisions.. like Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears.

:rotfl: Ya right..they stepped back because Brit stopped acting crazy.

this thread is a mess I love it

Notice how the older members also OBSESS over her, while the younger fans who supposedly are "SO UNAWARE OF MUSIC" simply go about their business in her threads like NORMAL people. Perhaps you should find better examples, because the haters here are an example of SOMETHING, and that example ISN'T STABLE OPINIONS or behaviour.

Yes. Thank you. And I'm not a Gaga loon, but these older haters are beyond asinine. All I can think is, "GET A FUCKING JOB!"

Exactly. Madonna had NOTHING to do with it. In fact, in that Brit doc, Brit acted very guarded around Madonna. Probably because she knew Madonna was just using her. And don't even tell me she wasn't.

Guest nothingfails0603

Yes. Thank you. And I'm not a Gaga loon, but these older haters are beyond asinine. All I can think is, "GET A FUCKING JOB!"

yea. To not like her is one thing, to act like anyone who likes her is being a "traitor" due to some misplaced sense of loyalty to Madonna is another thing and it's fucking pathetic. Newsflash, you can like more than one artist, wrap your mind around the concept. Because Skin or CUBB love Gaga doesn't mean they're "bored with Madonna" or "over Madonna" or "not a TRUE Madonna fan", it just means something about Gaga's music and image appeals to them. There's so much music out there that hating everyone because you want to be "loyal" to one artist is kind of sad... people need variety. Someone thinking Lady Gaga kicks ass doesn't suddenly mean that they can't feel the same way about Madonna. But of course some of the loons can't wrap their mind around the fact that a lot of people like BOTH Gaga AND Madonna and don't see any sort of disloyalty or whatever because they don't completely outright dismiss the latest female pop star on the market just because they love the queen. If you find Gaga threatening, that's your idiosyncrasy.

Yes this thread is pretty messy. oy. Started falling asleep reading it.

It's cute though to read people being so passionate on here. Hope that passion is invested in your real lives though, where it counts.

I think people pit M against the girl because the media started it, and people obey the media like zombies.

Aside from a few songs, I can't get into her, but has nothing to do with the Madonna comparisons.

Edited by stumble upon

I used to like her when Just Dance came out. But when pokerface came out thats when i went off her. the Just dance video made sense and the story fitted the theme/message of the song which was great

I agree with this. Just Dance is her best video (and song) imo.

She is right.

No other female artist will ever have the variety that Madonna possess in her catalogue:

Pop, Disco, dance-pop, rock, synthpop, new wave, pop-rock, soundtrack, gospel, jazz, new jack swing, contemporary R&B, house, trip hop, trance, ambient, soft rock, latin, adult contemporary, musical, orchestra, art music, electronica, techno, funk, country pop, folk, electropop, pop rap, glitch, hip hop.