THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I know you like her but if you can't see that her audience is buying the prentious schtick then you needa open your eyes.

dazed053.gif

I know you don't like her but if you can't see that some of her audience is enjoying the fact that she actually is talented and a good artist then you need your eyes open :dazed:

I know you don't like her but if you can't see that some of her audience is enjoying the fact that she actually is talented and a good artist then you need your eyes open :dazed:

Well like i said, that hasn't been my experience with it. As you said everyone sees it differently and I don't think she sings well live (I've watched enough to know) her piano playing is adequate and her lyrics pitiful (ma-ma-ma, p-p-pokerface, Just dance. Spin that record babe. Da-doo-doo-doo etc...) but the outfits more than make up for all of those :crazy: when comparing her to icons she needs to actually be able to back it up.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

You don't think she sings well live? :lol:

And Madonna's lyrics have all been fantastic poetry? :lol:

Righty oh then.

You don't think she sings well live? :lol:

Righty oh then.

Nope especially considering she should as she often uses a backing track.

How ridiculous :lol:

Anyway....

If you say so :lol: but when Donna Summer can still belt at 62 better than a 23 year old that says something.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Who said Gaga had pipes like Donna Summer?

Who will you compare next? Celine Dion and Kelly Clarkson.

You're being silly.

Who said Gaga had pipes like Donna Summer?

Who will you compare next? Celine Dion and Kelly Clarkson.

You're being silly.

My point was at 62 Donna can out do her, as you get older your voice tends (especially with lots of use) to get weaker. gaga should be able to at least hold notes more consistantly than a 62 yo.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Yes. But what has that got to do with what we're talking about? :crazy:

Gaga can hold notes., but she doesn't have a voice like Donna, so why are you comparing them.

You seem to be randomly pulling out criticisms for the sake of criticizing.

Madonna can't sing at age 52, but i'm not going to compare her to Aguilera at age 28 am i???

Pointless.

Yes. But what has that got to do with what we're talking about? :crazy:

Gaga can hold notes., but she doesn't have a voice like Donna, so why are you comparing them.

You seem to be randomly pulling out criticisms for the sake of criticizing.

Well I'm trying to see why she is held in such high regard. So far; bad lyrics, average voice, adequate piano player, bad dancer, weird outfits to cover ugliness and garner attention. Sounds like a great future icon :lmao:

the haters here are an example of SOMETHING, and that example ISN'T STABLE OPINIONS or behaviour.

i assume this statement also includes all of the haters who troll the xtina thread 24/7?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Yeah.

But there's not much Madonna/Xtina comparison obsession in there, and that was what i was more referring to.

Yeah.

But there's not much Madonna/Xtina comparison obsession in there, and that was what i was more referring to.

:thumbsup:

Well I'm trying to see why she is held in such high regard. So far; bad lyrics, average voice, adequate piano player, bad dancer, weird outfits to cover ugliness and garner attention. Sounds like a great future icon :lmao:

lmao !

Straight after Madonna went to Gaga's show, the press got behind her and this massive snowballing effect happened.. the media has not got this excited about anyone (except Madonna) since Britney's breakdown.. and it wasn't until after Madonna herself stepped in and got behind Brits and told them to lay off her, that the press actually backed off.

So the moral of the story is the world still revolves around Madonna and we can thank her for the rise of Gaga.. but on a more positive note, it is a very refreshing to have the press in a tailspin over someone actually doing some work with at least a questionable amount of artistic merit.. as oppossed to just taking drugs and making wrong decisions.. like Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears.

My experience with Gaga fans is that there are some that realize that she didn't invent the wheel but there are A LOT more who say ridiculous things like she's bigger than Madonna, on MJ's level, and Bad Romance is the new Thriller. When you hear such idiotic claims it makes it hard to accept the few sensible fans that you come across. I'm sure there are some that enjoy her and don't take it to an extreme level but the idiots are the loudest. This is nothing new though, Britney and Beyonce fans were just as bad and I'm sure Madonna fans seemed ridiculous in her early years. The difference, though, is Madonna was changing pop culture and shattered every record set by female artists before her. Sorry, had to stan it out at least once in this reply.

if you'd show the same amount of passion for Madonna as you do for Lady Gaga, I think I would like you a bit more :inlove:

As if he (or anyone else) gives a shit about what you think of them :lol:

I agree that this Lady Fufu shit is outta control though. Collectively, (and this includes the Gaga stans and haters alike) we need to talk about something else.

Perfect summary! Haha! :thumbsup:

You do understand that just about every thing you throw at Gaga in this list has been said about Madonna, and is still said by people that hate her.

She sucks, she cant sing, she rips people off and is unoriginal, she cant really dance, her playing guitar is laughable (funny that you would pick on Gaga playing piano but I am sure you have no problem with Madonna rocking out on a guitar after ignoring it for 20 years), Madonna dresses like a slut, she is a gapped toothed midget whore, she only does things to shock people and thats the only reason people give a shit, old and ugly, washed up and blah blah blah.

Do I agree with any of this? No. But its just funny as hell reading the so called negatives against Gaga, and me scratching my head thinking, "Now where have I heard all this stuff before?"

Guest nothingfails0603

You do understand that just about every thing you throw at Gaga in this list has been said about Madonna, and is still said by people that hate her.

She sucks, she cant sing, she rips people off and is unoriginal, she cant really dance, her playing guitar is laughable (funny that you would pick on Gaga playing piano but I am sure you have no problem with Madonna rocking out on a guitar after ignoring it for 20 years), Madonna dresses like a slut, she is a gapped toothed midget whore, she only does things to shock people and thats the only reason people give a shit, old and ugly, washed up and blah blah blah.

Do I agree with any of this? No. But its just funny as hell reading the so called negatives against Gaga, and me scratching my head thinking, "Now where have I heard all this stuff before?"

So true, and the ones slagging Gaga off most and saying that are the same people who defended Madonna to Barbra/Cher fans in the 80's who said the same thing about Madonna. It's such a cycle it isn't funny.

yes but Gaga is still ugly whereas Madonna was considered to be the most beautiul and sexiest woman alive, she will never become an icon like Madonna because of her sheer ugliness

So true, and the ones slagging Gaga off most and saying that are the same people who defended Madonna to Barbra/Cher fans in the 80's who said the same thing about Madonna. It's such a cycle it isn't funny.

Just like I am sure many Monroe diehards were angry as hell when Madonna did Material Girl. I am sure many of them were pulling out their hair over the fact that these teen girls were going ape shit over this new chick on the block and doing so while having no clue about the source material.

"These damn Madonna wannabes have no clue! Worshiping Madonna like she is all original. She stole from Monroe for the Material Girl video!!! Its NOT HER LOOK!!!! ITS Marilyn's!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

"These damn Gaga loons thinking she is all original , when Madonna did it first and better! Hmmmmph. *Sticks nose in the air*

yes but Gaga is still ugly whereas Madonna was considered to be the most beautiul and sexiest woman alive, she will never become an icon like Madonna because of her sheer ugliness

I just had my shallow fill for the year, thank you.

Guest nothingfails0603

1985:

"Madonna is such a fad. She is all style and no substance, she will be in the where are they now pile by Christmas. On the other hand, Cyndi Lauper will probably still be ruling the charts well into the 1990's" (and Billboard actually did write a review of The Virgin Tour that actually said this and said that Madonna will be long forgotten while Cyndi is going to be an enduring superstar)

2010:

"Lady Gaga is a flash in the pan who is all style and zero substance". Her fans are going to grow tired of her and she'll be doing Prides in five years.

Not that Gaga is the new Madonna... there is no "new" anything, just like there's never been a new Elvis, Beatles, MJ, etc... but still, it's funny to see the extreme reactions Gaga's received in just two years since the release of her first single. I can't think of a "new artist" who has done quite that since Madonna in 1985.