THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Guest groovyguy

the funny part is she denies she's new Madonna but she gives the most famous Madonna quote ever as if it was her own... "I wanna rule the world"

Exactly and the way she talks about Prince, David Bowie and Andy Warhol. This phony really thinks she's Madonna although she denies she thinks of herself as the next Madonna. IMO, she's just marketing herself to look humble. She not only copies Madonna's looks but also Madonna's quotes and say them as if they they were her own.

Guest Pud Whacker

Grow up guys. Oh wait, it' madonnanation.

yes, MADONNANATION. theres always joannegoober.com/forum. xo

Guest Pud Whacker

oh please .. you bring Joanne up more than anyone else on this board including her fans

get real goober fan.

Well, she's right about one thing, she's NOT the new Madonna. As if there could ever be. However, it sure does seem as if Lady GaGa sees herself as just that. Lady GaGa has taken alot of Madonna's best qualities and run with them. Also, Lady GaGa's competetive side sees where Madonna dropped the ball and has used it to her advantage with phenomenal results. Of course, I'm talking about music videos. Compare "Celebration", "Miles Away" & "Give It 2 Me" to Telephone, Bad Romance & Paparazzi.

As for GaGa's "humble" nature. Not buying it. She know's exactly what she's doing, which is trying to be the new Madonna. It's only my opinion of course.

Well, she's right about one thing, she's NOT the new Madonna. As if there could ever be. However, it sure does seem as if Lady GaGa sees herself as just that. Lady GaGa has taken alot of Madonna's best qualities and run with them. Also, Lady GaGa's competetive side sees where Madonna dropped the ball and has used it to her advantage with phenomenal results. Of course, I'm talking about music videos. Compare "Celebration", "Miles Away" & "Give It 2 Me" to Telephone, Bad Romance & Paparazzi.

As for GaGa's "humble" nature. Not buying it. She know's exactly what she's doing, which is trying to be the new Madonna. It's only my opinion of course.

At age 51 it would almost be impossible for Madonna to achieve huge success equal to someone half her age. Also what is there left for Madonna to achieve that she hasn't already? Like A Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, Express Yourself, Oh Father, Erotica, Bedtime Story, What It feels Like For A Girl, Die Another Day, American Life even Hung Up and Sorry are among the best videos of all time and Madonna did alot more than wear a weird outfit with some inconsistant imagery to make the video amazing. The Give It 2 Me video was nice and simple, I don't see what is wrong with it.

Lady gaga is a placebo to a generation who have no idea of the past and that have a poor vision of the future.She appears to represent something deep but really she represents the exact qualities a large amount of them share empty, shallow, narcassitic and deeply consumerist personalities. I can only look foward to the disturb future my generation is going to bring where self is the highest person in ones mind.

At age 51 it would almost be impossible for Madonna to achieve huge success equal to someone half her age. Also what is there left for Madonna to achieve that she hasn't already? Like A Prayer, Vogue, Justify My Love, Express Yourself, Oh Father, Erotica, Bedtime Story, What It feels Like For A Girl, Die Another Day, American Life even Hung Up and Sorry are among the best videos of all time and Madonna did alot more than wear a weird outfit with some inconsistant imagery to make the video amazing. The Give It 2 Me video was nice and simple, I don't see what is wrong with it.

Lady gaga is a placebo to a generation who have no idea of the past and that have a poor vision of the future.She appears to represent something deep but really she represents the exact qualities a large amount of them share empty, shallow, narcassitic and deeply consumerist personalities. I can only look foward to the disturb future my generation is going to bring where self is the highest person in ones mind.

:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly and the way she talks about Prince, David Bowie and Andy Warhol. This phony really thinks she's Madonna although she denies she thinks of herself as the next Madonna. IMO, she's just marketing herself to look humble. She not only copies Madonna's looks but also Madonna's quotes and say them as if they they were her own.

:lol::thumbsup:

VERY well said. And you're exactly right! :thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603

I agree. I like Gaga too but it does seem like her biggest fans are the younger people who really don't remember Madonna pre-Kaballah. My bf is 22 and thinks Gaga is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but at the same time he's not THAT familiar with Madonna's catalog. He watched the Glee episode and likes a few songs but he didn't really grow up with her (he didn't start listening to music until 2001-2002 and then it was rock music) so he doesn't really have the memories of her from her heyday. But with Gaga, he feels like he's getting to enjoy what he missed out on with Madonna and others from the day. It's a generational gap thing methinks.

I really do like Gaga and think Telephone better sweep the VMA's but I think she means more to a generation who doesn't remember the old Madonna, much like in the 90's a lot of people who didn't remember Bowie's heyday or care to know jumped on Marilyn Manson.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I like Gaga too but it does seem like her biggest fans are the younger people who really don't remember Madonna pre-Kaballah.

Bit of a generalization don't you think?

The fans i know are my age or older. She has a very diverse fanbase, there's even a few fans in their 40's at the Gaga Daily forums, which even surprised me. One guy is 52.

Her concert was FULL of older people. Young ones too of course, but she IS young herself so naturally she'll get the teen market.

People like her because she is talented and has good songs. Not everyone sits around comparing everybody to acts from the past, people just enjoy what they enjoy, even with knowledge of old skool artists. People of ALL ages.

To think that she's big because "well her fans just don't know any better" is really pretentious. Her fans come from all walks of life, and to some she may be seen as just a "show pony" or a "kooky costume lady", but for others, they see something genuine behind it all, whether it's "original" or not. She's an accomplished singer/songwriter/piano player and performer, that comes before her costumes and expensive videos for a lot of her hardcore older fans who can see past the smoke and mirrors.

This isn't my assumption based on me sitting behind a computer and having a bitchy opinion about her, this is me SEEING the shows and SEEING the fans who are paying top dollar to watch her on stage and buy her records.

She's going to have her ignorant fans, MOST artists do [even Madonna, omg SHOCK]. It's hardly a fair opinion of what her overall fanbase is like OUTSIDE of the interwebs1110.

Maybe your experience with it has been different, but mine hasn't been that way at all :dazed:

Guest nothingfails0603

Bit of a generalization don't you think?

Then explain why the biggest Gaga haters on this forum, Pud, Scrapple, Ursa are all older Madonna fans who were there from the first album. You rarely see any Madonna fans over 30 on here who actually defend Gaga, most of them hate every fiber of her being. Usually the teens and people in their early 20's who live in a world where Madonna has always been are the ones who are most excited over her. People who know of the legend of Madonna, but sadly only have memories of her post-Kaballah, post-Lourdes, post-Guy.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Then explain why the biggest Gaga haters on this forum, Pud, Scrapple, Ursa are all older Madonna fans who were there from the first album.

So?

A few older members of this ONE forum hate her, and all of a sudden ALL of Gagas fans are YOUNG and ALL the older ones hate her???

They've been there since album 1, so all older Madonna fans have this God like knowledge about music and life and how it all is? they have all the answers and younger fans are incapable of having a good understanding of music and it's history? what utter nonsense. The world didn't come to BE when Madonna album 1 was created :lmao:

Why don't you actually LOOK to the actual fanbase Gaga has OUTSIDE of a Queeny Madonna loony bin. I think that will give you a more FAIR idea of what her fan base is like.

You rarely see any Madonna fans over 30 on here who actually defend Gaga

Topaz is in his 30's :dazed: isn't Sued in his 30's??? JR is in his 30's........ :dazed:

The majority of Madonna fans ages at this forum are people in there 20's and 30's, and Gaga's fans are in their 20's and 30's IN this forum too.

The only reason you notice the older group of members is because they TROLL Gaga 24/7.

Notice how the older members also OBSESS over her, while the younger fans who supposedly are "SO UNAWARE OF MUSIC" simply go about their business in her threads like NORMAL people. Perhaps you should find better examples, because the haters here are an example of SOMETHING, and that example ISN'T STABLE OPINIONS or behaviour.

^ I've meet lots of Gaga fans in real life, in fact thats where I've met most of them. All they ones are under 35 and are fags or girls. They have all gone on about how "unique" she is, they don't know Madonna beyond Hung Up. Try finding several straight guys over 30 who give a fuck about gaga :lol:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Well like i said, that hasn't been my experience with it. And i at least have been to the shows and seen the fans in the masses :dazed:

One of my mates is 43 and he's straight and he doesn't even LISTEN to pop music, but he likes Gaga :dazed:

My Dad is 63 and he likes Gaga, he's not gay :dazed:

Guest nothingfails0603

I think you're right. It's funny to attack Elton John's obsession of bringing Madonna into any interview he gives (Boy George does it too and practically wrote a second book which talked more about Madonna than it did Culture Club, but it's even sadder when Elton does it because he isn't quite the trainwreck BG is) and then be so obsessed with bashing and hating Gaga because of a perceived threat people think she must be to Madonna. It's exactly the same thing. Madonna has her older queen slaggers who are still waiting for her 15 minutes to be up so they can be proven right for what they thought about her in 1984.

I'm 30 and a Gaga fan too, but I do think the few who hate her are so vocal that it makes you forget there are others here over 25 who like her too. I actually know a former poster who told me on Facebook he quit the board because he was sick of the Gaga-slagging and people acting like you can't be a Madonna AND Gaga fan at the same time. Whether or not she compares to Madonna is totally irrelevant, it's a totally different environment and we're all much older than we were in the 80's, but even if you believe she can't compete with old-school Madonna (and to be honest, I don't think Gaga can compare with Madonna in the 80's and early 90's but doesn't mean I can't enjoy her), you should at least give her kudos for making mainstream pop music fun again. She isn't an Idol/X Factor person, she isn't some oversaturated Disney artist, not someone who was a teen star and now grown up, etc... but like someone else said, she is a pop star in the classic sense, like the way our pop stars in the 70's and 80's were before *anyone* could become a pop star (see Celine). Instead of being a trainwreck public figure that overshadows her music career, she's actually doing outlandish things in her videos that show she takes what she does seriously and wants to be famous for the right reasons in an era where you're a "celebrity" for being on a reality show or being a trainwreck.

Gaga cites Madonna as an obvious influence, Madonna has said good things about Gaga and agreed to do a SNL sketch with her. If Gaga is good enough for Madonna to like her, she's good enough for everyone else.

Well like i said, that hasn't been my experience with it. And i at least have been to the shows and seen the fans in the masses :dazed:

One of my mates is 43 and he's straight and he doesn't even LISTEN to pop music, but he likes Gaga :dazed:

My Dad is 63 and he likes Gaga, he's not gay :dazed:

But you're saying most of gaga's fans know about past music. From what i've seen most wouldn't have a clue (and don't) that gaga is stealing all her style from other artists, even her tunes (Alejandro = Men Down Under) from others. I wouldn't care soo much if it wasn't for the ignorance so many of them have. Most of them act like Madonna, Bowie, Prince, Michael, Grace, Kate, Roisin, Tori etc.. never existed :dazed:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

But you're saying most of gaga's fans know about past music.

No i'm not. I'm saying her fan base is diverse, and for every ignorant younger fan you get, you'll find another older fan who knows exactly wtf is going on.

Go to the Xtina forums, they all think she's superior to Madonna, more artistic, more interesting. Go to the Janet forums, they all think the same thing, they even think she's as RELEVANT.

You get your dumbasses everywhere. EVEN HERE.

Gaga's fan are not all YOUNG and IGNORANT to music. Many of them are, many of them aren't. You're generalizing.

Go over to Gaga Daily and you'll find 5 knowledgeable music fans jump on some stupid moron with no idea ALL the time :dazed:

This ridiculous and snooty opinion about how ILL INFORMED Gaga fans are and how WONDERFULLY WISE Madonna fans are is lame.

No i'm not. I'm saying her fan base is diverse, and for every ignorant younger fan you get, you'll find another older fan who knows exactly wtf is going on.

Go to the Xtina forums, they all think she's superior to Madonna, more artistic, more interesting. Go to the Janet forums, they all think the same thing, they even think she's as RELEVANT.

You get your dumbasses everywhere. EVEN HERE.

Gaga's fan are not all YOUNG and IGNORANT to music. Many of them are, many of them aren't. You're generalizing.

Well like i said, that hasn't been my experience with it. I'm not saying they're all like that but most of them are. I know you like her but if you can't see that her audience is buying the prentious schtick then you needa open your eyes.

dazed053.gif