THE Madonna/Lady GaGa Thread

akurren

Lady Gaga: I don’t think of myself as the new Madonna!

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

Lady Gaga recently gave an interview to French Magazine Les inrocks. Of course and once again, the name Madonna is all over it…

Les inrocks - Why did you dedicate your album to Prince, Madonna, David Bowie and Andy Warhol ?

Lady Gaga - I’ve been listening to Prince and Madonna a lot. David Bowie and Andy Warhol are inspiring me. For me they are major artists because the visual aspect of their music is very strong. When I’m home listing to the radio and Prince, Bowie or Madonna’s music is being played, I see something, which isn’t the case with many other singers.

Les inrocks - Did you say that you were the new Madonna?

Lady Gaga - I never said that. I’m very angry when I read this so-called quote. From the beginning of my career people have been saying that I was the new Madonna. So take note of this: I DON’T THINK OF MYSELF AS THE NEW MADONNA!

Les inrocks - You’re blond and an Italian from New York... Don’t you think there’s room for comparison?

Lady Gaga - I do have the utmost respect for her. In some ways it’s indecent to ask a kid like me who’s been around for five minutes if I think I’m the next pop icon. It’s like ‘Who do you think you are?’ You have to let me accomplish more before you call me a pop icon.

Les inrocks - But do you want to be a pop icon?

Lady Gaga - If I wanna rule the world? The answer is yes. I think that secretly everyone wants to rule the world. But most people are afraid to say so.

Translation by ZaCK.

source: http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/en/2010/05/21/news-%E2%80%93-the-actress-the-singer-the-tours-the-charity-and-more/

I have to tell you one thing. I love Gaga, but I can only spend about 2 seconds on her board because of some of the crazy shit her fans say about her being this legend and icon already, or claiming she is better than Madonna because she had more success at a faster pace. I check in, get quick news updates, and check the hell out.

article-0-095DA746000005DC-578_468x663.jpg

Fuck! That is one hideous example of womanhood - I thought she was meant to be in her early 20's - not late 40's! Poor fucking woman!

Guest jamesshot

It was a nice quote. So happy someone more talented is being compared to and inspired by Madonna than say Brit Brit.

oh lord, its SO only a matter of time before Gaga says some kind of diss or something un-complimentary LOL. This place will be in a blaze of bitch smoke- not if, but WHEN that happens LOL!

never disliked her. just most of her fans and critics who think she's already the new madonna when she's only starting now. M has a career of almost 30 years. there cannot be a comparison between them. it wouldn't be fair. so she's italian and from new york? so are many people. they're not all called the next queen of pop either. i saw her live the other day, wasnt impressed at all at first. but i have to admit, i'm looking at a few performances back again on youtube and now i do like them. especially the intro of her tour, its all very madonna, same atmosphere, same vibe, same kind of feeling that she's an unreachable star, out of this world..

Guest Pud Whacker

I want to punch her in the asshole.

is that between her cheeks or on top of her neck, i never can tell them apart on her.

oh lord, its SO only a matter of time before Gaga says some kind of diss or something un-complimentary LOL. This place will be in a blaze of bitch smoke- not if, but WHEN that happens LOL!

Sooo true! :lmao:

Guest missy bi_tch

I have to tell you one thing. I love Gaga, but I can only spend about 2 seconds on her board because of some of the crazy shit her fans say about her being this legend and icon already, or claiming she is better than Madonna because she had more success at a faster pace. I check in, get quick news updates, and check the hell out.

she's very real, realistic...

her fans arent then again even madonna fans arent at many times...

well an icon means longevity and constant accomplishments, it's early days for gaga but she might just do it...

success comes and goes quickly these days...the next minute, do we still rem someone like kesha or bieber?