Madonna to tour next year

Exactly. And I just found a thread about 100 pages back where a bunch of fans were raving about the album. Calling it "old school" Madonna. A number of fans commented how the vocals were much better than Confessions. So many good reviews back then. And it's one thing to let it soak in and you've gotten over the excitement of the new release, but some have done a complete 180. I thought about posting the link, but I don't want to embarrass anyone. ROTFL!!

This is why I mostly stopped reading ppl's comments about her music on fan forums.

It's crystal clear now that Madonna's fans change their opinions about her music according to the chart performances, reviews and whether she promotes it heavily or not. People would've loved AL(single) if it had hit No,1 saying ''it's original'' ''it's cutting edge'' or whatever. Another example of this is when ppl talk about other singers. When they say good things about her, people say ''oh I like her/him'', ''s/he's cool'' blah blah and when they say bad things, it's completely opposite.

And also I don't get when a song wasn't a big hit and people say that's coz the song is shit. Shit songs become huge hits all the time.

Actually, go back and rewatch/listen to those interviews with Justin and Timberland. They both say Madonna came in with a clear sense of where she wanted to take her album. They also mentioned how she was quite involved as well with the production. They made it clear she was the boss and in the end, I do think Madonna may have let "the boys" influence her more than she anticipated. I think she forced herself to let them show her some new tricks, etc. So yes, I understand that it may not sound like your typical Madonna production. But I don't see this as a negative thing. I don't also see it as Madonna just handing her vocals or even lyrics over to them, and let them do the rest. Both Justin and Madonna wrote lyrics together as well while pounding out the beats of some of the songs.

I'm with you neut....just by listening/reading interviews from all parties involved in the creation of HC, I didn't notice any indication that the creative process was any different for this album than any other. Not to discredit M in any way of course, but despite whether she is listed as first or second on the credits of past albums, I always got the impression that those kind of things had little to do with the actual creative process and more to do with "business" behind the scenes.

My guess as to why she isn't listed as top writer/producer on many HC tracks is because of WHO she was working with. She was working with a bunch of bonafide stars in their own right. Surely it must be easier for her (and sorry to make it sound like this but...) "get her way" with writing/producing credits for a lesser known collaborator as opposed to working with established stars. Just because they worked with Madonna AT ALL, the "lesser knowns" will have a higher profile, more opportunity and probably more money offered with whoever they work with after Madonna. That in itself is worth taking a co-production credit instead of a producer credit for a song. Timbo, Timberlake, Pharrell etc didn't need Madonna's name to raise their profile. "The boys" weren't cheap for whoever they worked with before Madonna and I'm sure they weren't cheap for their collabs after M.

And just for the record, what exactly is the style of "typical Madonna production"? ALL of her albums have the sound of the producers she worked with as much as her very own brand of "Madonnaness" and they all sound different from eachother. I think most would consider ROL to be an album SHE worked hard on, but who here doesn't hear as much Orbit as Madonna on that album? Or who can forget this.....

madonna-confessions.jpg

I love how people just convemiently forget about all of that, just because they hate the HC project.

And anyone who ever uses the word lazy to describe Madonna, should just hang themselves in their basement closet. :thumbsdown:

I agree! The last thing this woman is lazy in any way. I'd like to see any person or artist try and keep up with her for a day personally or artistically.

:rolleyes: No one even MENTIONED it as a negative thing, just a basic observation. Stop trying to stir a fight where one doesn't exist.

Besides, if you go back and re-watch some of those videos, you'll also notice there's ALSO one where they discuss mixing "4 Minutes" and after Madonna makes a suggestion of using vocoder and Timbaland raises an eyebrow, she concedes to just let him do what he thinks "will be good."

So now I'm "stirring a fight"? Pardon me, I'm confused?? I really thought we were having a civil and an intelligent discussion here? Certainly, we can have a disagreement without one of us thinking the other is picking a fight here, right?? I never assumed just because you posted something that didn't agree with me, as if you were "stirring a fight", so why do the same of me? I remained calm and did not use any coarse words with you to give you any indication this was a fight. Seriously, you need to re-evaluate who is "picking the fights" and who are actually here discussing Madonna topics.

Last time I checked, this was a Madonna discussion forum. I'm using the forum as intended. I'm sorry that you think otherwise. :(

I'm with you neut....just by listening/reading interviews from all parties involved in the creation of HC, I didn't notice any indication that the creative process was any different for this album than any other. Not to discredit M in any way of course, but despite whether she is listed as first or second on the credits of past albums, I always got the impression that those kind of things had little to do with the actual creative process and more to do with "business" behind the scenes.

My guess as to why she isn't listed as top writer/producer on many HC tracks is because of WHO she was working with. She was working with a bunch of bonafide stars in their own right. Surely it must be easier for her (and sorry to make it sound like this but...) "get her way" with writing/producing credits for a lesser known collaborator as opposed to working with established stars. Just because they worked with Madonna AT ALL, the "lesser knowns" will have a higher profile, more opportunity and probably more money offered with whoever they work with after Madonna. That in itself is worth taking a co-production credit instead of a producer credit for a song. Timbo, Timberlake, Pharrell etc didn't need Madonna's name to raise their profile. "The boys" weren't cheap for whoever they worked with before Madonna and I'm sure they weren't cheap for their collabs after M.

And just for the record, what exactly is the style of "typical Madonna production"? ALL of her albums have the sound of the producers she worked with as much as her very own brand of "Madonnaness" and they all sound different from eachother. I think most would consider ROL to be an album SHE worked hard on, but who here doesn't hear as much Orbit as Madonna on that album? Or who can forget this.....

madonna-confessions.jpg

Thank you! ;) Once again, you're right on cue in what I've been thinking. Every album is different in many aspects. Yet, what I've notice that remains constant within Madonna's record making is she's ALWAYS relied on producers to come up with the sound. Not to say, she doesn't have a vision or an idea what her record is going to sound like. She and others have stated she'll come in pounding out some chords on the keyboard or humming something. But for the most part, she's relied heavily on other producers to come up with the actual sound. So in hindsight, all her albums have been turned over to the producers. But I don't look at it that way. I see she's been active in the studio, helping shape the sound as well.

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't most of the Confessions album sound shaped by Stuart. If I recall, he was in clubs playing the instrumentals tracks before some of them were even heard by Madonna. I also remember that even as far back as Ray of Light, she stated that she had William Orbit send her tracks and she wrote lyrics to them. I always got the impression that is what she's done all along anyway.

Guest jamesshot

Yay- Madonna touring always cheers me up. It is an event.

She has so much potential left to explore with touring. Hard to believe some of the places she played FOR THE FIRST time ever this last tour. Even in 2006, she played Russia for the first time. I don't get why she has always limited herself to a few countries/cities until recently. I tell you one thing, she is creating some serious pent up demand in poor Australia. Wonder what "new" places she will play next time?

Thank you! ;) Once again, you're right on cue in what I've been thinking. Every album is different in many aspects. Yet, what I've notice that remains constant within Madonna's record making is she's ALWAYS relied on producers to come up with the sound. Not to say, she doesn't have a vision or an idea what her record is going to sound like. She and others have stated she'll come in pounding out some chords on the keyboard or humming something. But for the most part, she's relied heavily on other producers to come up with the actual sound. So in hindsight, all her albums have been turned over to the producers. But I don't look at it that way. I see she's been active in the studio, helping shape the sound as well.

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't most of the Confessions album sound shaped by Stuart. If I recall, he was in clubs playing the instrumentals tracks before some of them were even heard by Madonna. I also remember that even as far back as Ray of Light, she stated that she had William Orbit send her tracks and she wrote lyrics to them. I always got the impression that is what she's done all along anyway.

I absolutely think Madonna has a HUGE hand in all her albums from True Blue on but both pre and post TB all of her albums do have the overall "sound" of the producer. I think a big part of what makes a Madonna song a "Madonna song" are the hooks and melodies. Nobody can do it better than she can in that area and to me it seems that's the biggest contribution she brings to her music and the main reason why no matter what producers "sound" she uses for an album, they always still sound like "Madonna songs".

Like you, that's how I thought Madonna always worked so I guess that's why I wasn't freaked out like some with HC. Even some classics going way back like Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart and La Isla Bonita were pretty much finished with the intentions of having specific other recording artists like MJ, Cyndi Lauper etc to record them....until Madonna got her hands on them. Of course since the internet wasn't in existence then, we don't know every single, last detail about the demos, creation of etc so it's easy to look at that with "rose tinted glasses" and say "oh that's when Madonna cared." Not to say that even the best of HC can go up against those particular classics, but I do hear that classic "Madonna sound" on most of HC's songs.

So now I'm "stirring a fight"? Pardon me, I'm confused?? I really thought we were having a civil and an intelligent discussion here? Certainly, we can have a disagreement without one of us thinking the other is picking a fight here, right?? I never assumed just because you posted something that didn't agree with me, as if you were "stirring a fight", so why do the same of me? I remained calm and did not use any coarse words with you to give you any indication this was a fight. Seriously, you need to re-evaluate who is "picking the fights" and who are actually here discussing Madonna topics.

Last time I checked, this was a Madonna discussion forum. I'm using the forum as intended. I'm sorry that you think otherwise. :(

Yep, that's always the excuse they use. "This is a discussion forum, blah blah blah, we have opinions." Never mind the fact that if it was just about opinions, I wouldn't have gotten NEARLY as many complaints about YOU from others as I have. Your entire approach is just laughable because you simply don't want anyone to have an opinion that paints Madonna in any kind of light other than 100 percent flattering, and that has been the basis of not just yours and my discussion, but your discussions with almost everyone else on this board too. That's the basis of your argument and you know it.

How DARE some of us EVER imply that Madonna may or may not have surrended an iota of production control to someone else for "Hard Candy." :manson:

This thread is over.