Guy Oseary Updates: " Madonna Will Start Recording New Album Once She's Done Directing Her Film".

moe

No new music yet… she’s going to direct a film.. Once thats done, we will head back to the recording studio..

We are very happy with “Glee”.. working with Ryan Murphy was perfect.. He’s so talented.. and a true visionary..

I know Guy O isn’t high on my list of favorite Madonna related people but – why is this thread light with posts? This is good news that Madonna will record once finished directing this new film.

Good news...not that we didn't know this pretty much already. I guess they feel the need to clarify though after the press twisted her words from Interview.

This may sound ridiculous, but it seems like Madonna hits a "backlash" of sorts about every 9-10 years.....1992-1993 and 2003. In retrospect, the last "backlash" REALLY started with the whole Swept Away fiasco and continued into the AL era. Let's hope W.E. and the album that follows break this "cycle" because they are right on schedule to be released around the time another "backlash" is due. :scared:

Good news...not that we didn't know this pretty much already. I guess they feel the need to clarify though after the press twisted her words from Interview.

This may sound ridiculous, but it seems like Madonna hits a "backlash" of sorts about every 9-10 years.....1992-1993 and 2003. In retrospect, the last "backlash" REALLY started with the whole Swept Away fiasco and continued into the AL era. Let's hope W.E. and the album that follows break this "cycle" because they are right on schedule to be released around the time another "backlash" is due. :scared:

HARD CANDY AND CELEBRATION WERE THE BACKLASH ERAS OMG

HARD CANDY AND CELEBRATION WERE THE BACKLASH ERAS OMG

No the whole HC/S&S eras were too successful overall to be a backlash. By backlash I mean her album doesn't finish off as one of the top 10 best selling of the year, no hit single from the album at all on a worldwide level and W.E. is a box office flop and critical disaster. I'm sure if she toured after all that it would be successful and would probably be the beginning of M "redeeming" herself in the eyes of the public, much like RIT was after the SA/AL backlash.

her backlashes start always after a greatest hits album! so´´d she better be careful this time...anyway, I´m sure I´´ll like her new music, there´´s always something interesting in her albums

As we would say in Malay, "jangan la masin mulut kau!" :scared:

ANYWAY... great news, but not really "new" since most of us figured that would be her next step after filming the movie. I suspect she'll be in the studio as well editing the film at the same time. I hope this time around she actually ties a song to the movie. The album and movie could easily be released simultaneously.

I know Guy O isn’t high on my list of favorite Madonna related people but – why is this thread light with posts? This is good news that Madonna will record once finished directing this new film.

This news was also already posted yesterday in the "Madonna takes a break from music" thread...

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=31527&st=90

And the point of guy O is? sits at his desk tweeting all day about week old news :lol:

Really? He's quite active with Madonna's career. I really can't say a bad thing about him. His response probably was provoked by the many many fans annoying him with the same question, asking... "When is Madonna going to record new music?" or something of that sort. He's pretty much the closest we're going to get to Madonna as I don't think she'll reach out to her fans the way Guy has done in the past few years.

ANYWAY... great news, but not really "new" since most of us figured that would be her next step after filming the movie. I suspect she'll be in the studio as well editing the film at the same time. I hope this time around she actually ties a song to the movie. The album and movie could easily be released simultaneously.

so in every interview she would talk 90% about the movie and 10% about the album :(

so in every interview she would talk 90% about the movie and 10% about the album :(

Well, I rather be more optimistic. She can do both. She's done it before. Obviously, she would be quite excited about her film endeavor, but if she can mix a song in there, it would be great. That's all I'm saying.

Well, I rather be more optimistic. She can do both. She's done it before. Obviously, she would be quite excited about her film endeavor, but if she can mix a song in there, it would be great. That's all I'm saying.

I would like to be more optimistic, but last time, when Hard Candy was released, she was all over the place talking about Filth and Wisdom and I Am Because We Are... Of course I want to see her talking about the movie. The project sounds really great and all... But I'd still want her to talk about the album... A LOT.

Let's just hope that if the film and the album are released at the same time, she can talk about them equally. :)

I would like to be more optimistic, but last time, when Hard Candy was released, she was all over the place talking about Filth and Wisdom and I Am Because We Are... Of course I want to see her talking about the movie. The project sounds really great and all... But I'd still want her to talk about the album... A LOT.

Let's just hope that if the film and the album are released at the same time, she can talk about them equally. :)

Let's be fair... she did a lot of interviews for radio shortly before and during the release of Hard Candy as well as some TV interviews. The radio interviews were needed because never before did she do so many in support of one album. She also did a few promo concerts and then went right into rehearsing for a tour in support of the album. By the time the album was in full swing, she was rehearsing. Her earlier interviews prior to the album release, did spark a lot of attention towards the lead single. I don't know why people keep forgetting that? Certainly, she could have kept up the interviews and more appearances, but her focus was on the tour by then, and that's where she makes her money, not on the album.

Let's be fair... she did a lot of interviews for radio shortly before and during the release of Hard Candy as well as some TV interviews. The radio interviews were needed because never before did she do so many in support of one album. She also did a few promo concerts and then went right into rehearsing for a tour in support of the album. By the time the album was in full swing, she was rehearsing. Her earlier interviews prior to the album release, did spark a lot of attention towards the lead single. I don't know why people keep forgetting that? Certainly, she could have kept up the interviews and more appearances, but her focus was on the tour by then, and that's where she makes her money, not on the album.

I am not saying that she didn't talk about the album at all. Of course she did. Those radio interviews were fun, but really, she didn't talk a lot about the album. She talked about Malawai, the kids, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, her marriage, the B12 shot... She did talked about the time in the studio with Justin, Timbo and Pharrell, and that was pretty cool, but she was so much more excited talking about the films and other projects. I'm just saying that I want to see her talking about her music as excited as when she talks about those other projects. Let's hope she does!

I remember she was on the Today Show one week before the release of Hard Candy to talk about her movie or Malawi and she almost got mad when they asked her about the new album. :dramatic: She said we're not here for the album right now! :shock::bow:

I am not saying that she didn't talk about the album at all. Of course she did. Those radio interviews were fun, but really, she didn't talk a lot about the album. She talked about Malawai, the kids, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, her marriage, the B12 shot... She did talked about the time in the studio with Justin, Timbo and Pharrell, and that was pretty cool, but she was so much more excited talking about the films and other projects. I'm just saying that I want to see her talking about her music as excited as when she talks about those other projects. Let's hope she does!

Actually, she's rarely done that on past albums. In the past, she's usually had a number of other things going on when releasing an album. American Life is the only album I remember she did focus a lot on the process of the the album, etc. I also remember Ray of Light, she got in depth about the music as well. Most every other album, it was usually about her life as a whole.

Though, I do feel she did talk a lot about the process (more than previous albums) with Hard Candy as well.

But I will say this, I would love for her to sit down more and just talk about the music. I think as she becomes more known as the "veteran artist", the focus will be more on the process of her music and reminiscing.

I will just cross my fingers that she will feel somewhat inspired this time around...

No Guetta or some other shit... no more "I wanna party to the sounds of yesterday let's celebrate" shit...

I'd rather have a great album later than some uninspired desperate stuff earlier