Madonna 'quits music' saying she doesn’t have the ‘time or energy’

TOUR2008

She recently told me that her friends didn't know Madonna's music but she was glad that I had exposed her to some "culture". I was really touched by her comment :-).

How could 18 year old not know any of her songs? Thats just sad on all levels considering they were 8 when massive hits like Music and Dont Tell Me came out. Were they not allowed to listen to the radio at that age?

How could 18 year old not know any of her songs? Thats just sad on all levels considering they were 8 when massive hits like Music and Dont Tell Me came out. Were they not allowed to listen to the radio at that age?

'cos they dun listen to any artist > 40yo :dramatic:

I went to The Reinvention Tour in 2004 and the venue in Miami was half empty. I went a different night then the one that was in the documentary. I think the concert shown in IGTTYAS was opening night. I enjoyed the concert.

I don't really care if Madonna doesn't record an album for a couple of years. If her older music continues to be celebrated like it was in the "Glee" episode, her popularity in the United States will increase. "Glee" was a smart move. My 18 year old sister liked the episode. She probably knew all the songs because I used to play Madonna music when I took her to elementary school many years ago. She recently told me that her friends didn't know Madonna's music but she was glad that I had exposed her to some "culture". I was really touched by her comment :-).

What venue in Miami? American Airlines Arena? Or you went to Fort Lauderdale? All her 4 shows in South East Florida in 2004 did great. Not half empty for sure. According to the official boxscore numbers, they were sold out.

All the while your channeling your own opinion onto her and making yourself believe that because you aren't feeling her album she wasn't?

Read the interview - she said as much herself :rolleyes:

A true fan is someone who KNOWS her GENIUS but recognises when her efforts are half arsed.

^ Indeed.

Unless you are one of those fans who think that not liking anything from her is a sin. She can do an uninspired tour and release a robot-voice souless album and they HAVE TO like it or they think they will go to a hell without Madonna. And even when she admits that she didn't focus on music as she should, they are happy. Well.

I went to The Reinvention Tour in 2004 and the venue in Miami was half empty. I went a different night then the one that was in the documentary. I think the concert shown in IGTTYAS was opening night. I enjoyed the concert.

I don't really care if Madonna doesn't record an album for a couple of years. If her older music continues to be celebrated like it was in the "Glee" episode, her popularity in the United States will increase. "Glee" was a smart move. My 18 year old sister liked the episode. She probably knew all the songs because I used to play Madonna music when I took her to elementary school many years ago. She recently told me that her friends didn't know Madonna's music but she was glad that I had exposed her to some "culture". I was really touched by her comment :-).

Bullshit...I went to both SOLD OUT Miami shows at the american airlines arena and the place was packed to the rafters. :fag:

A true fan is someone who KNOWS her GENIUS but recognises when her efforts are half arsed.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Several people explained that the time she is referring to when she hasn't been focusing on music but has been doing the movie is the last two years. HC was recorded more than two years ago before the time she started the movie and when she says she wasn't focusing on music. She is not saying she wasn't into or didn't feel HC.

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Several people explained that the time she is referring to when she hasn't been focusing on music but has been doing the movie is the last two years. HC was recorded more than two years ago before the time she started the movie and when she says she wasn't focusing on music. She is not saying she wasn't into or didn't feel HC.

:megamanson:

She says she hasn't been focused on her music as much as she should've been RECENTLY. She was making Hard Candy 3 years ago. That's not recently.

Nice try though. :)

Guest bluejean

I would agree with that. But those tracks, 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me do not make a great album.

Hard Candy was a half arsed effort, it did not sound like Madonna had put much work into it, and now she has basically admitted it.

I'm not expecting every album to be a Like A Prayer, Ray of Light or Confessions. But I do expect more from her than just recording other people's demos.

Well, I enjoyed Hard Candy more than American Life which is an album she apparently put her all into.

But that aside, I have to agree it's blatantly obvious that a good chunk of the songs on Hard Candy were written for her and she just changed some words. We even heard audio evidence in some of the demos that leaked with session vocalists singing them. Yet some loons STILL found a way to convince themselves otherwise. The songs themselves are good because talented songwriters wrote them, but I don't believe the Madonna heart and soul was there. That album was a step backward. I'm really over the "returning to her roots" overplayed theme of press releases. If she's going to have a hit album again it's going to need to be pretty special, not a rehash of well worn territory. If she's not inspired now, then she shouldn't do it until she is.

^ Indeed.

Unless you are one of those fans who think that not liking anything from her is a sin. She can do an uninspired tour and release a robot-voice souless album and they HAVE TO like it or they think they will go to a hell without Madonna. And even when she admits that she didn't focus on music as she should, they are happy. Well.

Who are they?

Even Pud who is a huge Madonna fan has expressed several times his dislike for Something to forget and the Evita period. And i think that you should take a look at this thread: Hell of Excrement.

I just think that Madonna has never released a bad album and yes Hard Candy is better than Music, American life and Confessions.

^ Indeed.

Man oh man....the arrogance shines through again...lol. So because YOU have found everything post COADF to be robotic, soulless etc than that means ALL MADONNA FANS must feel the same way?? :lol:

Shall we just call you the beacon of good taste?

BTW where did Madonna make ANY suggestion in that interview that she wasn't focused on her last album? NOWHERE. That's what you WANT to see. :)

Man oh man....the arrogance shines through again...lol. So because YOU have found everything post COADF to be robotic, soulless etc than that means ALL MADONNA FANS must feel the same way?? :lol:

Shall we just call you the beacon of good taste?

BTW where did Madonna make ANY suggestion in that interview that she wasn't focused on her last album? NOWHERE. That's what you WANT to see. :)

Madonna could have said the sky was blue, and these "loons" would use it as evidence of her being "half arsed" about Hard Candy, and that her heart really wasn't in it. :lmao::wacko: Facts be damned. :lmao:

Well, I enjoyed Hard Candy more than American Life which is an album she apparently put her all into.

But that aside, I have to agree it's blatantly obvious that a good chunk of the songs on Hard Candy were written for her and she just changed some words. We even heard audio evidence in some of the demos that leaked with session vocalists singing them. Yet some loons STILL found a way to convince themselves otherwise. The songs themselves are good because talented songwriters wrote them, but I don't believe the Madonna heart and soul was there. That album was a step backward. I'm really over the "returning to her roots" overplayed theme of press releases. If she's going to have a hit album again it's going to need to be pretty special, not a rehash of well worn territory. If she's not inspired now, then she shouldn't do it until she is.

:thumbsup:

^EXACTLY

There are plenty of them on here - the sad thing for them is that they're the sort of people to whom she wouldn't even give the time of day :lmao:

Some people would consider it childish to take something from Madonna's tremendous body of work that they didn't like and act like a spoiled child that didn't get their way about it. Everyone knows you, Karbatal and Lucky Guy hate this period, we've all read it 100000 times. But then again you are someone who hates Kylie Minogue and searches the internet day and night for articles on her and then does the same for Lady Gaga because that may or may not be a joke. You think Madonna would give the time of day to THAT? LOL.

^ Indeed.

funny you should mention robots....

^EXACTLY

There are plenty of them on here - the sad thing for them is that they're the sort of people to whom she wouldn't even give the time of day :lmao:

:lmao:

It just gets betta and betta!

So can you list the posters you know Madonna would "give the time of day" to?

I'm sure in YOUR MIND you are one of the "privileged ones" that Madonna would love to "give the time of day to" and spend the afternoon with shopping, looking at boys and exchanging witty one liners with. Nothing wrong with fantasies.

Let's keep it real though.....it's no secret unless she's on stage Madonna would like her fans to fuck off for the most part.

Some people would consider it childish to take something from Madonna's tremendous body of work that they didn't like and act like a spoiled child that didn't get their way about it. Everyone knows you, Karbatal and Lucky Guy hate this period, we've all read it 100000 times. But then again you are someone who hates Kylie Minogue and searches the internet day and night for articles on her and then does the same for Lady Gaga because that may or may not be a joke. You think Madonna would give the time of day to THAT? LOL.

But that aside, I have to agree it's blatantly obvious that a good chunk of the songs on Hard Candy were written for her and she just changed some words. We even heard audio evidence in some of the demos that leaked with session vocalists singing them. Yet some loons STILL found a way to convince themselves otherwise. The songs themselves are good because talented songwriters wrote them, but I don't believe the Madonna heart and soul was there.

I can see all that to whatever extent in the album but I still enjoy it a lot. Madonna doesn't always put herself 100% into her music on most albums but then you mix in the fact that the producers were trendy/urban and some people get upset. But aside from 4M it would be difficult to pick out which songs are and aren't Madonna just by listening, similar to the I'm Breathless or Like A Virgin albums.

It just gets betta and betta!

So can you list the posters you know Madonna would "give the time of day" to?

I'm sure in YOUR MIND you are one of the "privileged ones" that Madonna would love to "give the time of day to" and spend the afternoon with shopping, looking at boys and exchanging witty one liners with. Nothing wrong with fantasies.

Let's keep it real though.....it's no secret unless she's on stage Madonna would like her fans to fuck off for the most part.

:rotfl:

I can see all that to whatever extent in the album but I still enjoy it a lot. Madonna doesn't always put herself 100% into her music on most albums but then you mix in the fact that the producers were trendy/urban and some people get upset. But aside from 4M it would be difficult to pick out which songs are and aren't Madonna just by listening, similar to the I'm Breathless or Like A Virgin albums.

That's the lamest argument of all. ALL of her albums have the handprint of whatever producer(s) were working on it as much as her own. Some of her biggest career defining, seminal hits have been songs she had absolutely nothing (or little) to do with the creation of. LAV, MG, PDP....

Reading over some of the replies in this thread, it's no wonder Madonna and Guy Oseary don't have meet and greets back stage at her concerts like other artists do. :manson:

And why can't some just appreciate her albums for what they are? Each were made for what inspired her at the time. ...whether that be a time of reflecting, an emotional time, a deep time, or a fun more lighter time? They all represent her and her life. Thank gawd she doesn't make the same kind of album every time for what some of you want.

Talk about twisting her words. She has a love/hate relationship with music...just like anything else and everybody else. When's she's recharged and ready to focus on her music I'm sure she'll deliver more excellence. Heaven forbid she ever has to stoop to the level of wearing a telephone on her head for promotion or cigarettes for glasses passing it off as "art". :nocomment:

:clap::clap::clap::bow: Hmmmmm! I wonder "who" or what you are referring too? :lmao:

Guy Oseary Twitter (3 hours ago):

no new music yet... she's going to direct a film.. Once thats done, we will head back to the recording studio..

Sounds like she'll be in the studio by fall. I definitely think the next new album will be in late 2011 with a tour to follow in 2012.

Guy Oseary Twitter (3 hours ago):

no new music yet... she's going to direct a film.. Once thats done, we will head back to the recording studio..

Sounds like she'll be in the studio by fall. I definitely think the next new album will be in late 2011 with a tour to follow in 2012.

I was going to say the same thing.