Madonna 'quits music' saying she doesn’t have the ‘time or energy’

TOUR2008

ummmm... wasnt she just quoted to say that " GLEE HAS INSPIRED ME TO WRITE SOME NEW MUSIC....." ?

and im sure this INTERVIEW interview was already processed prior to GLEE broadcast...

sooooo.........

The thing is she has nothing to prove music wise.

She will no doubt make a new album at some point but she has no need to rush it out.

I'm happy she's enjoying life and looking great! I'd rather wait a few years for a great album with her wanting to promote it and feel passionate about it.

I wouldn't really mind waiting until later 2011 for a new album. As long as what she delivers is amazing I can wait.

I agree.I can wait for a new album.I think it's a good thing when an artist takes a break.Madonna can now take her time to become inspired again and write some GREAT songs.She can search for an excellent producer/collaborator to work with.Look at Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey and how they rushed out their last couple of albums.Those albums are weak and uninspired.I wouldn't want Madonna to go down that path.

I can wait until October 2011 or March 2012 for a new album. March is a good month for seminal Madonna releases; April is the month when she's released her biggest flops. If this film takes her through this year, she'll no doubt be doing the rounds of promotion for it the first half of next year. I might even be enthused at the prospect of another tour by 2012.

"I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career.

No shit.

Some of us have been saying that for two years now and have been having the shit ripped out of us by the LOONS who insist she can do no wrong. :rolleyes: Thank heaves for true fans, who see it as it is, like me. :angel:

Some of us have been saying that for two years now and have been having the shit ripped out of us by the LOONS who insist she can do no wrong. :rolleyes: Thank heaves for true fans, who see it as it is, like me. :angel:

While dubbing yourself an angel is slightly dubious, I agree with everything you said.

A have always said a true fan is someone who as well as applauding the success, is wise enough to appreciate when it's all gone wrong and doesn't try and defend her for the sake of it.

The loons are called loons for a reason, which is why they'll never ben taken seriously.

While dubbing yourself an angel is slightly dubious, I agree with everything you said.

A have always said a true fan is someone who as well as applauding the success, is wise enough to appreciate when it's all gone wrong and doesn't try and defend her for the sake of it.

:thumbsup:

The loons are called loons for a reason, which is why they'll never ben taken seriously.

:chuckle:

It's crazy the way the media takes a simple quote and comes up with their own conclusions.Madonna is not "quitting" music or retiring from music! She's just taking a break,which probably won't last very long anyway.I'm sure that her movie will be finished in a few months.

:thumbsup:

Guest WordsTheyAlwaysAttack

hey, stop with the hard candy hate! Don't let the images scare you! The strongest tracks on there should have been huge hits in 2008, there's no excuse. Beat Goes On was amazing and so was Dance 2night, how can you not love that groove? Oh and I'm far from a loon, I just really like her and have all her albums, and a couple of vinyls, but I don't think about her or keep up to date with her every single day. I only started coming back here after 2 years.

Beat Goes On was amazing and so was Dance 2night'

I would agree with that. But those tracks, 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me do not make a great album.

Hard Candy was a half arsed effort, it did not sound like Madonna had put much work into it, and now she has basically admitted it.

I'm not expecting every album to be a Like A Prayer, Ray of Light or Confessions. But I do expect more from her than just recording other people's demos.

the other songs were good too, some stood on their own and others didn't. I think confessions flowed so much better as an album than hard candy, but it was still better than the other shite from 2008.

I don't think an album full of 'good' songs is enough for someone like Madonna.

She needs an album full of really great tracks. Sure, there were a couple of 'good' tracks on Confessions, but that felt like a cohesive album, it flowed beautifully... everything from the cover art to the song writing to the theme and the promotion smacked off time and effort.

And that's what let Hard Candy down. Her writing input appeared minimal, the crafting of the music was done before she even sat down in the studio, the lyrics to many of the songs quite banal. Not every track on Confessions was a work of beautiful prose, but at least it was her sound.

She worked at Stuart's house for months; she was with Orbit in the studio constantly for Ray of Light. Hard Candy was the sound of a woman out of ideas forced to fill a contractual obligation.

Like others have said, I'd be happy if she disappeared for a while, re-grouped, and got her fighting spirit back. Let Gaga have her moment in the sun; let Kylie rip off Confessions, let Britney make another album that sounds just like the last three ... then come back Madonna and show them how it's really done.

My thoughts: Maybe this is wishful thinking. But, I still think (as said in other threads) that Madonna very much has a spade in her pocket that she and her camp are keeping tight lipped on....much liked they did with this new Photoshoot and Interview. When the time comes to release a new album, they are hoping to let it drop in the same "surprising manner" if they can....and I think it will happen this later Fall or Spring 2011. I mean...how many interviews has she commented on where she said "Music is always no. 1" with her? How many times has she said the "stage" and "dancing" is what keeps her alive and what drives her? She knows this is her money maker. Yeah, she may have a movie project that means a lot to her in the works. But, I'm taking what she says about new music and not working on a new album with a grain of salt. She's a master of promotion. She wants everything focused on her movie right now. Then just at the right or same time (or a little afterwards), she's going to land a new album (that she's worked on just as much as the new movie this past year) just when we least expect it.

I would agree with that. But those tracks, 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me do not make a great album.

Hard Candy was a half arsed effort, it did not sound like Madonna had put much work into it, and now she has basically admitted it.

I'm not expecting every album to be a Like A Prayer, Ray of Light or Confessions. But I do expect more from her than just recording other people's demos.

:clap:

I could live with an album not being to my taste if it was a passionate effort on her part. What I can't stand is the half arsed, 'let's stick a record out as I'm contractually obliged to' mediocrity. In some respects, her being without a record deal is a blessing as she can pursue her other endeavours and make an album when she's truly inspiredto.

She needs an album full of really great tracks. Sure, there were a couple of 'good' tracks on Confessions, but that felt like a cohesive album, it flowed beautifully... everything from the cover art to the song writing to the theme and the promotion smacked off time and effort.

And that's what let Hard Candy down. Her writing input appeared minimal, the crafting of the music was done before she even sat down in the studio, the lyrics to many of the songs quite banal. Not every track on Confessions was a work of beautiful prose, but at least it was her sound.

She worked at Stuart's house for months; she was with Orbit in the studio constantly for Ray of Light. Hard Candy was the sound of a woman out of ideas forced to fill a contractual obligation.

Like others have said, I'd be happy if she disappeared for a while, re-grouped, and got her fighting spirit back. Let Gaga have her moment in the sun; let Kylie rip off Confessions, let Britney make another album that sounds just like the last three ... then come back Madonna and show them how it's really done.

All this agreement on our part is making me :scared::nervous:

I could live with an album not being to my taste if it was a passionate effort on her part. What I can't stand is the half arsed, 'let's stick a record out as I'm contractually obliged to' mediocrity. In some respects, her being without a record deal is a blessing as she can pursue her other endeavours and make an album when she's truly inspiredto.

Exactly, Queenie. I only really like about half of the Erotica album, the rest just does nothing for me at all. But at least I can appreciate the effort that went into it, even if I found it misfired a lot of the time.

I believe she passionate about Erotica. I don;t hear any of that passion in Hard Candy.

I agree with the last part completely, come back stronger than ever and kick all their asses! Lady gaga is getting too much hype right now and Madonna would go ignored right now with an album although it certainly didn't happen with Glee and made people take notice. As for the music, to me madonna always made good albums with great tracks here and there anyways so maybe that's why I like hard candy like the others.