Madonna 'quits music' saying she doesn’t have the ‘time or energy’

TOUR2008

Madonna 'quits music' saying she doesn’t have the ‘time or energy’

Madonna isn’t planning to pick up her microphone again any time soon, as the singer has said she’s putting her music career on hold.

( 2 )

Madonna is putting her music career on hold because she has no 'time or engery' for it anymore

Madge is focussing 100 per cent now on her film making career and has said her new movie W.E has taken over her life, leaving her no ‘time or energy’ to sing.

Talking to Interview magazine, the 51-year-old said: “I’ve been writing it for the last two and a half years, to tell you the truth.

“It’s been kind of an obsession of mine. I started writing it when I finished filming Filth and Wisdom.”

Madonna made Filth and Wisdom before W.E because she wanted to make a smaller film before taking on a larger project.

Regarding her next album, she told the magazine: “I don’t have a record deal right now with anybody.

“I don’t know how I’m going to get my music out the next time I make a record.

"I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career, because this movie has consumed every inch of me.

"Between that and my children, I don’t have the time or energy for anything else.”

once again they took her words out of context... this people will never give up to retire Madonna :thumbsdown:

Seriously. I love how dramatic they make it by saying she "quit" music. Give me a break.

Doesnt she have 3 more tours to deliver in the next 8/9 years though? Or is it 2?

4 Tours and 3 albums... The first tour was Sticky and Sweet! Wtf, I don't understand. The deal was clear. THREE ALBUMS. Why she says she doesn't have a label. Livenation is the label. Livenation released Jay-Z's last album. Livenation needs to just find a real label to distribute it, but the promo and all that is livenation's job.

Guest bluejean

I wouldn't really mind waiting until later 2011 for a new album. As long as what she delivers is amazing I can wait.

I don't understand the point of this topic, when we all read the interview with Interview in it's entirety yesterday. These are just a series of out of context quotes, cobbled together in a totally stupid way, to make it seem like Madonna is quitting the music business. At no point in that interview did she ever say such a thing, or even allude to it.

Guest Pud Whacker

"I haven't really been focused as much as I should be on the music part of my career.

No shit.

applause.gif

good. have you seen all the wannabes out there? she will torture until she REINVENTS THE WHEEL!!!!

Guest Not4Pussies

applause.gif

good. have you seen all the wannabes out there? she will torture until she REINVENTS THE WHEEL!!!!

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't really mind waiting until later 2011 for a new album. As long as what she delivers is amazing I can wait.

I'm in total agreement with you. Whenever Madonna releases a new album, next week or 2 years from now, I want her to be able to say "I've been so focused on this record, so obsessed with it, I've had no time for anything else". :thumbsup:

Talk about twisting her words. She has a love/hate relationship with music...just like anything else and everybody else. When's she's recharged and ready to focus on her music I'm sure she'll deliver more excellence. Heaven forbid she ever has to stoop to the level of wearing a telephone on her head for promotion or cigarettes for glasses passing it off as "art". :nocomment:

I think it's great that she's focusing on different projects and taking a break. Anyone could see she has simply been going through the motions in her music recently so some time off will allow her the time to reflect, miss it and then really get into it again.

Guest WordsTheyAlwaysAttack

but she never said that! Can't today's journalists fucking read between the lines in an article?

Why she says she doesn't have a label. Livenation is the label. Livenation released Jay-Z's last album. Livenation needs to just find a real label to distribute it, but the promo and all that is livenation's job.

For some reason she always acts like she doesn't know whats going on with her career... she claims she didn't know she had a fan club, even though she supposedly writes yearly letters for it. :doh:

For some reason she always acts like she doesn't know whats going on with her career... she claims she didn't know she had a fan club, even though she supposedly writes yearly letters for it. :doh:

I'm sure she was being sarcastic, but then again, the way that club is run, I wouldn't admit to knowing it exists as well. LOL!

Talk about twisting her words. She has a love/hate relationship with music...just like anything else and everybody else. When's she's recharged and ready to focus on her music I'm sure she'll deliver more excellence. Heaven forbid she ever has to stoop to the level of wearing a telephone on her head for promotion or cigarettes for glasses passing it off as "art". :nocomment:

:lmao: God lets hope not! Unlike some Madonna has a brain and knows very well how to use it, and knows that grabbing attention is great as long as its not 100% childish.

:thumbsup: I prefer quality over quantity.

It really wouldnt hurt to dissappear for a while and then come back full throttle......

And thne give us a real video....not miles away, not giveit2me, and an honorable

non-mention to the non existant Revolver Video. wacko.gif

She releases an album ever 2 years and a half. Confessions was at the end of 2005. Hard Candy early in 2008. Normally, the next album would be out this fall.

As far as blatantly deceptive headlines go.. this one deserves an award.

As if Madonna could quit music.. she is under contract and everyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows that.

Meanwhile her future albums will probably just be distributed by Warner Music.. but nothing has been signed yet.

Obviously she was being coy about the fanclub.