"Glee": The Power of Madonna

HolidayGuy

Never before seen the show and i thought the show was fantastic! Saw it with my bf and he loved it too. Loved the borderline/OYH number with the madonna look a likes in the backround in the hallways at school. Anyway i like this show. Is it always like this?

Never before seen the show and i thought the show was fantastic! Saw it with my bf and he loved it too. Loved the borderline/OYH number with the madonna look a likes in the backround in the hallways at school. Anyway i like this show. Is it always like this?

I tried to watch it last week, but couldn't get in it. And this is the first episode they dedicated completely to ONE artist. I do think that this will probably be the most memorable episode this season if not of all future episodes.

I think what made it so great is that they made a lot of accurate and positive references to Madonna.

Guest groovyguy

Great episode, finally a TRUE TRIBUTE on a television show worthy of her talents - from the music, to her looks to a millions shout-outs, Glee did it RIGHT! Overall, very cute episode.

Love it! Absolutely brilliant on all levels! A true tribute! What a great way to present what Madonna is all about. Take control of your life. Believe in equality. Indeed, the Power of Madonna.

Guest maddyfan171

Wow it was a great episode. Everything I had hoped for and more. Thanks to Idol running late my tivo cut the ending of Glee and I missed the whole Like a Prayer segment. I guess I will have to download the episode now.

Guest groovyguy

Just looked... it's #119 on the TOP ALBUMS ITUNES charts. Did it jump up that much between your post and mine or are you looking at a different digital chart??

113 now

What a great promo for the Celebration CD! Sue demands to blast out her greatest hits...

THOROUGHLY enjoyable- bravo, "Glee."

So, the songs used in the show, by Madonna and as sung by the cast:

Burning Up

Borderline

Like a Virgin

Open Your Heart

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Frozen

Ray of Light

What it Feels Like For a Girl

4 Minutes

All but WIFLFAG appear on Celebration. I would expect the Celebration album to see more of a physical sales boost than digital.

Guest jamesshot

American Idol running late is unfortunate because it will cut the final song, LAP, which was awesome.

This is the kind of tribute she should have always gotten. So nice it happened while she is still alive. LOL.

Seriously, hit all the right notes. It was everything Madonna deserves. I wonder what she was thinking while watching this with Lola and what Lola was thinking. I am sure Madonna finally felt a bit.........vindicated? She is so use to taking shit. I was so proud there was no back handed compliments or even slight disses.

Ryan Murphy- I love you!

Guest groovyguy

Like a Prayer the song from Glee jumped from 40 to 13 now

Madonna songs by Glee Cast on Itunes

13 Like a Prayer

56 4 Minutes

59 Borderline/Open Your Heart

72 Like a Virgin

121 Express Yourself

150 Vogue

196 What It feels Like for a Girl

Madonna - Celebration album at #107 Itunes

THOROUGHLY enjoyable- bravo, "Glee."

So, the songs used in the show, by Madonna and as sung by the cast:

Burning Up

Borderline

Like a Virgin

Open Your Heart

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Frozen

Ray of Light

What it Feels Like For a Girl

4 Minutes

All but WIFLFAG appear on Celebration. I would expect the Celebration album to see more of a physical sales boost than digital.

They had to use ten songs that she was a principle songwriter on in the show in order to get a discount on the royalty rate - otherwise they would have spent $1 million just on the right to use the songs.

For the music sales, however, there is no discount and she'll make a huge amount of money on that.

Oh yeah, another thing - TOTALLY LOVED IT when Sue Sylvester was holding a copy of Celebration in her hands and demanding All-MADONNA be played all-day-long over the PA in school - hysterical, but a DREAM for some I'm sure!

I am stunned. That was straight up one of the most positive tributes to Madonna ever. And a FULL HOUR on national TV on a popular show.

None of us could have written a more positive show.

Awesome.

EXACTLY :thumbsup:

Guest jamesshot

"I was six years old when True Blue came out"- Sue Sylvester. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I am a little teary-eyed.

WOW! I LOVED IT!!! and i just knew it was gonna take itunes by storm and get all crazy madonna like, lol, loves it...wonder how it will all look on the billboard charts eh, next week?

cabbage patch kid! LMAO he does!