"Glee": The Power of Madonna

HolidayGuy

Guest jamesshot

That's what I thought, too- I don't why a "Jew" would not be comfortable with Madonna.

Her blatant anti-semitism? LOL. You know how Maddy goes all Hitler on us every now and again......:)

Ah man that was awesome i loved it!! 4 minutes was amazing, what a version!! Nice to see they did a few ads for Ce;lebration during the breaks. But really, this was great and i hope they do another one!

^I know- incredibly lazy compared to UK WB- that or less "with it," in terms of marketing and promotion.

jamesshot- there was that anti-Semitic flap with the "Justify My Love" remix. :shock:

Guest boytoyville

Loved the episode and had to buy the sountrack. I absolutely love What It Feels Like For A Girl by the boys and teh mash up of Boderline/Open your heart. Fantastic!

Guest gloriesbarcelona

OMG!! I'm watching it here (free streaming):

http://www.cinshare.com/files/get/X4qot2D2J3

In the middle of it and loving it :dramatic:

EDIT: WOW!!!! What a tribute indeed, the best to any artist really, amazing :wow:

WIFLFAG was my favorite, to me it shows what an amazing song and how understated it is.

This tribute also shows how all theses songs age so well, a good remix and they sound like brand new.

Never saw Glee before and loved it :thumbsup:

WIFLFAG was my favorite, to me it shows what an amazing song and how understated it is.

This tribute also shows how all theses songs age so well, a good remix and they sound like brand new.

That's the way I felt -- WIFLFAG was the biggest surprise, I guess (whereas the others are "bigger hits," so you expect them to be great). It shows how great her songwriting craft really is. You should listen to the whole version of WIFLFAG on the EP, because in the episode it was really chopped up.

I also liked the arrangement of "4 Minutes" because it had the live marching band. (Can't remember if I said that in this thread or another, but, sorry if I'm being redundant.)

I wonder what madonna thinks about Sue

"I thought the Madonna episode of Glee was brilliant on every level. The dialogue and the entire script was genius. I completely appreciated the layers of irony, especially when all those macho boys sang 'What It Feels Like For A Girl.'

I also loved the fantastic performances of 'Vogue,' 'Express Yourself' and all the messages about the boys being respectful to girls.

The entire cast was amazing. They're all so talented. I especially loved Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) and Kurt Hummel's (Chris Colfer) characters. [show creator] Ryan Murphy did a great job bringing all these elements together.

[Daughter] Lola loved the show too. I wish I went to a high school like that...If only."

Guest kim21

28 April - Glee puts Madonna back on Billboard

The soundtrack of 'Glee: The Power of Madonna' - click to enlarge The "Glee"/Madonna celebration is in full swing on the Billboard 200 albums chart, where "The Power of Madonna" soundtrack to last week's Queen of Pop-themed show debuts at No. 1 with 98,000 copies sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Additionally, the "Glee" cast's version of Madonna's 1989 No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hit Like A Prayer was the biggest selling individual track from the show last week, debuting at No. 10 on the Digital Songs chart with 87,000 downloads sold. Like A Prayer will debut at No. 27 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart tomorrow when it's unveiled on billboard.com.

But the party also extends to the diva's own catalog of her original recordings as well. For example, her appropriately titled Celebration greatest hits album re-enters the Billboard 200 at No. 85 with 6,000 (up 219%). That's the package's best sales week since Christmas. (In the show last week, "Glee" character Sue Sylvester gave the title some ridiculous product placement when she held the CD in her hand during an appeal to have Madonna's music blasted through the school's intercom.)

All told, Madonna's catalog of albums saw a 44% jump in sales, selling 17,000 this past week (up from 12,000).

Her digital song download tally this week also got a big bump. Her total track sales totaled 108,000 for the week ‹ up 169% compared to the week previous (40,000). Her two biggest-selling songs of the week were 4 Minutes and Like A Prayer (each selling 12,000 with gains of 183% and 267%, respectively). (source: Billboard)

thank you boys and girls for patronizing our idol, so buy! buy! buy! more downloads , downloading!!!!

Guest kim21

by the way, the best scene i like on the Glee was "like a virgin scene" - thought that was a classic! - the guys are hot and so as the girls - and the idea was cool. especially I like Cory Monteith - he is a dammed good looking guy, who can sing and can dance - not to mention he is too macho to be in musical but really really cool. these are really talented kids . lets give them a credit for that! it was a huge success! and Madonna was part of it. Hey dont forget theres another sequel on the works , more madonna songs to be use, so buy! buy. buy kids!!!LOL

It's a pity that the clips aren't on youtube or in a official page to watch. I have to wait till i download the whole episode and the Fox page doesn't show the clips outside USA. If anybody knows where to watch the clips, let me know.

Glee is a very silly tv series but it's a guilty pleasure to me, i always have so much fun watching it and always feel better. It's like chick literature.

Guest WordsTheyAlwaysAttack

I liked Borderline/Open Your Heart, Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer best. I still haven't had time to watch the whole episode, but I'll get around to it. But at the same time, I also think it's funny how people around me are acting like madonna is cool suddenly and putting up facebook pics of her in her prime when she already was cool.

Entertainment Weekly's main News + Notes article in this week's edition is titled Glee Triumphs With the Power of Madonna. Nothing really new- talks about the ratings, how the soundtrack's expected to top the charts (written before the official numbers, I suppose), how it gives M bragging rights of having another No. 1 album, how Celebration recharted since the episode aired, how Ryan Murphy hopes Madonna will be more involved in the second Madonna episode, other possible one-act episodes, etc. etc. And Murphy says he doesn't want to be doing an album every month, thinking people will get burned out.

Guest WordsTheyAlwaysAttack

I finally saw the episode last night

Loved the express yourself costumes and choreography

Loved Borderline/Open Your Heart so much

Like a Virgin was nice too

Like a Prayer was good but not my favourite though everyone seems to be raving about that

4 minutes was awesome, full of energy and possibly better than the original

what it feels like for a girl sounded forced but mr. shoo was so into it and cute

Vogue made me laugh, sue IS better off being herself, but it made me want to pull out the original for relief

Via Madonnalicious.com:

US Magazines: Billboard

The 08 May issue of US magazine Billboard features Madonna in the front cover collage celebrating Glee. In the article inside mentions how Glee creator Ryan Murphy got Madonna onboard:

The Madonna episode was the first time the music on the show was turned over in its entirety to one performer - and in the beginning getting the artist onboard was a challenge. 'Her camp did say 'no' originally, but we had gone in cold with little explanation as to what 'Glee' and Ryan Murphy's master episode plan was,' the show's music supervisor PJ Bloom says. 'Ryan closed the deal with an amazing appeal in letter form to Madonna, not just as the creator and driving force behind the show but as a lifelong fan.'

---

(And again we see how Madonna loves a good letter! :inlove: Love that about her -- I'm a letter fan, too.)