"Glee": The Power of Madonna

HolidayGuy

Overall, what a great episode! Even though their version of "Like A Prayer" isn't my cup of tea (the solos anyway), they did put alot of effort into the song. So kudos to them for that!

LOL at a group of pre-dominantly straight men singing "What It Feels Like For A Girl". :p

They did a great job nevertheless.

I must say; I had my reservations, but I was very impressed with the show. Not only did they perform Madonna songs by the Glee crew, they also played a number of her songs in the episode by Madonna herself. I also thought all the references and even some of the costumes definitely captured the iconic stamp Madonna made upon the world. It was so great to see Sue throw a copy of CELEBRATION Cd on the desk. And lastly, it was quite humorous at the same time. I still think the Vogue video recreation was one of the highlights. But of course, "Like A Prayer" and "What It Feels Like For A Girl" were probably the best performances on the show.

I really enjoyed this episode! My favourite part was the Borderline/OYH mash up.

LOVED the mash-up. I desperately want a mash-up on the next tour. "Holiday" sounded so good on Sticky and Sweet with bits "Celebration" and "Everybody" thrown in there. Ditto for "Frozen" with the "Open Your Heart" interlude. Why doesn't she do that more often?

Guest jamesshot

I am stunned. That was straight up one of the most positive tributes to Madonna ever. And a FULL HOUR on national TV on a popular show.

None of us could have written a more positive show.

Awesome.