Liz Smith: Is Gaga really the 'new Madonna'?

Camacho

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10749

Lady Gaga The New Madonna? Lets Wait Awhile

by Paul Cashmere - April 17 2010

photo by Tim Cashmere

In August 2008, Lady Gaga released her debut album `The Fame`. In May 2010, she will release yet another version of it.

Maybe we should hold back on calling Lady Gaga the new Madonna. She doesn’t deserve it yet. Maybe she will. She could based on the quality of ‘The Fame’ but right now we are only basing that on one album.

Did anyone expect Madonna to have a 30-year career based on her 1983 debut? No way! "The Fame" came later after it was earned. Lady Gaga isn't there yet.

It was a pretty incredible album. It gave us the hits ‘Everybody’, ‘Burning Up’, ‘Holiday’, ‘Lucky Star’ and ‘Borderline’.

But the next year Madonna gave us ‘Like A Virgin’ and the hits ‘Like A Virgin’, ‘Material Girl’, ‘Angel’, ‘Into The Groove’, ‘Dress You Up’ and ‘Love Don’t Live Here Anymore’.

In a three year period with Madonna you can also add the ‘True Blue’ album and the hits ‘Live To Tell’, ‘Papa Don’t Preach’, ‘True Blue’. ‘Open Your Heart’ and ‘La Isla Bonita’.

Madonna had 15 top 40 hits in the same time Lady Gaga has released the same album three times. :chuckle:

Let’s wait until a second album before a decision about stardom is made.

:rotfl:

you waste your time typing those long essays.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaha. Spazz, you are actually the funniest thing here. By the way, talking about how ugly and stupid Lady Gaga is, doesn't really equate to making this Gaganation. Otherwise it would have been Mimination long ago.

He's just a bit strange like that. He did the same to me for a while. Maybe he is lonely? Or jealous? :wacko:

I am severely jealous of you and pud whacker. You are correct. :asian:

What do I have to be jealous of? :lol: I mean.. really.. Why is that always the first pick in everyone's grab bag (oooh, gurl, they so jealous)? Beyond predictable.

Guest missy bi_tch

if she makes it to 2018, she'll be 1/3 her way there

if she still records by 2038, we will declare her madonna 2