Madonna 1st Single News - BOOM!

iasonas

Guest edsalas

Sorry. I didn't know he was joking. Don't see any indication how anyone would know? But yeah, "ha ha ha" if he was joking.

No indication of joke = Sarcasm i.e. reading between the lines. :) :)

Guest edsalas

Again, it doesn't always translate well on the internet. Again, sorry.

No problem. No one's beating the shit out of you cause the joke didn't translate well for you, hehe. Read your PM. :)

I get you completely. I mean, I don't know about your case, but in my case, I'm from Costa Rica so that makes a non-native English speaker. I've had trouble and sometimes I still do have trouble about guessing if something that was written was a joke or was something serious and I find myself scatterbraining. That happens. That doesn't make anyone dumb. That's just a kind of manifestation of language barrier, I guess.

I am pretty sure this song is for a new David Guetta Album. I went to her concert in Mexico 2 weeks ago, and he played 2 new songs, the first he introduced as his new Collaboration with Akon ("Party Animal" was the name I guess), and the when the show was over, he return to play one more new song feat. Fergie amd someone else. I am sure he is preparing people for her next material not so long to appear.

The news is hot just because is a new Madonna single, nevertheless I’m not enthusiastic with this so call "new song" I hate that Madonna comes late with producers that sooner already have a big hit, and by the time she gets them people find out or comes with the conclusion that she is desperate for a hit, mostly in the US.

The sound of Hard Candy is a match of Nelly/Timberlake/Timbaland work, and now she'll have the same Akon/Kelly/kid kudi sound.

Off topic, I find this review from the Hard Candy era, and I completely agree with everything, it hurts the truth. I want the original Madonna, not the copycat.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/around-town/archive/Madonnas_Hard_Candy_Strikes_Sour_Note.html

Must agree with this...

… “Unlike her best work, Madonna has nothing clever or interesting to say on this album. Perhaps she was stung by the reaction of the more personal material on the comparatively strong “American Life,” and decided to try and match the vapid emptiness that passes for much of the Top 40 these days. Turning 50 doesn’t mean that Madonna should turn into a wizened elder popstress reminiscing fondly about her glory days, but shouldn’t her songs show a little more insight and life-experience than the average pop-tart being mass-produced for 13-year olds at Wal-Mart?

Madonna usually sets trends, but on “Hard Candy” she’s clearly in follower mode. Vocally, she sounds particularly shrill and disconnected with the material. Very little of it seems genuine and believable. It’s Madonna karaoke to a soundtrack provided by ace producers. There’s nothing original or particularly interesting here: others have done it all before, and better – including Madonna herself. The concept of the album is better than the execution. It sadly stacks up as one of the weaker albums of her catalogue, and perhaps the weakest. Hopefully “Hard Candy” will be looked back upon as a prelude to a fantastic late-career era. She can certainly do better than this.”

SO WORK FOR ANOTHER AMERICAN LIFE MASTER PIECE BITCH. It doesn't matter if isn't a commercial success.

boom is a new phrase? :rotfl:

:lmao: I thought exactly the same. I always think that when somebody goes on about somebody 'following' new trends.

The news is hot just because is a new Madonna single, nevertheless I’m not enthusiastic with this so call "new song" I hate that Madonna comes late with producers that sooner already have a big hit, and by the time she gets them people find out or comes with the conclusion that she is desperate for a hit, mostly in the US.

The sound of Hard Candy is a match of Nelly/Timberlake/Timbaland work, and now she'll have the same Akon/Kelly/kid kudi sound.

Off topic, I find this review from the Hard Candy era, and I completely agree with everything, it hurts the truth. I want the original Madonna, not the copycat.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/around-town/archive/Madonnas_Hard_Candy_Strikes_Sour_Note.html

Must agree with this...

… “Unlike her best work, Madonna has nothing clever or interesting to say on this album. Perhaps she was stung by the reaction of the more personal material on the comparatively strong “American Life,” and decided to try and match the vapid emptiness that passes for much of the Top 40 these days. Turning 50 doesn’t mean that Madonna should turn into a wizened elder popstress reminiscing fondly about her glory days, but shouldn’t her songs show a little more insight and life-experience than the average pop-tart being mass-produced for 13-year olds at Wal-Mart?

Madonna usually sets trends, but on “Hard Candy” she’s clearly in follower mode. Vocally, she sounds particularly shrill and disconnected with the material. Very little of it seems genuine and believable. It’s Madonna karaoke to a soundtrack provided by ace producers. There’s nothing original or particularly interesting here: others have done it all before, and better – including Madonna herself. The concept of the album is better than the execution. It sadly stacks up as one of the weaker albums of her catalogue, and perhaps the weakest. Hopefully “Hard Candy” will be looked back upon as a prelude to a fantastic late-career era. She can certainly do better than this.”

SO WORK FOR ANOTHER AMERICAN LIFE MASTER PIECE BITCH. It doesn't matter if isn't a commercial success.

I don't think the most critically panned, lowest selling album of her career (in a time when sales were dying but not DEAD like now) is a good goal to have in mind for her next album. Even the diehards were more divided on this one than HC. Of course if she wants to set up a stellar comeback for the album AFTER next, maybe she could use this course of action. Otherwise, a big no no no.

BTW I'm not suggesting she needs to always be ultra commercial by working with the latest Top 40 hitmakers but just because something isn't "mainstream" doesn't make it good, smart or musically forward. AL is the PRIME example of that.

Guest heathen

I do wish she would do something with more of a serious statement behind it. It doesn't have to be political like American Life, but more emotional and self-reflective on what she's been through lately. She's got plenty of inspiration: the divorce with Guy, Christopher's book, Mercy's adoption, meeting Jesus, etc. I was watching I'm Going to Tell You a Secret the other day for the umpteenth time, and she just seems so full of thoughts and ideas that I wish she would put them down into songs.

I can't find it on there :confused: it just plays the S&S promo

its there!!

during the WIFLFAG video, right after the gas station explostion, you have to hit f4, and the song will play.

Maddylaugh.gif

Erotica & American Life are M's best albums. They are more interesting than the overrated Like A Prayer and Ray Of Light.

Oh yes A LOT need to be bought.

Now let's not overshadow the Guetta track with my THANG :lol:

Meh without much besides a rumour this thread ain't gonna last long, I think we should discuss your uni prep :lol:

Lap top...lots of pen drive :lmao: proper clothes....proper shoes...all these years I've always looked like a mountain peasant as a school student!

:lol: interesting simile. What kinda lap top?