"Beautiful Stranger": What do we think of this song now

Guest jamesshot

Classic. it perfectly hold her momentum between ROL and Music albuns! She had 3 years in a roll of HUGE quality/sucess :wow:

Yes it did. It was really a perfect song at the perfect time for her.

Guest ursaminorjim

It was better when Love did it, but at least it proved an adequate dry run for the far superior "Amazing." :)

Guest Evil M

What wasn't fun about One Mo Chance? Anyway i've literally not not heard this song in YEARS. I just remember it being really loud

Is it me or does this song sound louder than anything else she's recorded, ever (as in comes on louder on your ipod, etc).

Actually, I've noticed a lot of her songs and other people's songs... audio in general sounds better through my IPOD. I guess it may be the headphones??

Still sounds great a decade later.

I still really like it, and she looked hot as fuck in the video.

I posted a thread about this track a few years ago asking why it and "Justify My Love" never really became the all-time classics they seemed destined to be when they were released. When they first came out, they really made a splash but as time has passed they're not as celebrated as I thought they would be.

But when your back catalogue is bursting with as many classic singles as Madge's, I guess some will fall by the wayside.

Love this song. I admit sometimes I forget this as this was not included in any of her studio albums. But everytime I listen to GHV2 or Celebration, when this track comes its pure pleasure.

Guest megstar

if im smart then ill run away...

The line "but I'm not so I guess I'll stay..." Should be changed to "But I'm high so I guess I'll stay..." (Explicit Version).

Edited by megstar

There was at least one date that it was the "request" song on S&S.

It's a fun track- definitely fit the vibe of the Austin Powers movie. I rank it above anything on American Life and Hard Candy.

Love BS. At first I was surprised she had chosen to change the matureness of Ray of Light lyrics for da-da-da-da-dum, but I quickly realized it's a great and enjoyable track. Love its vibe.

Whilst I think about it, there is an excellent Den54 mix of this. Fantastic. One of the few fan mixes I think is any good.

I think it's a classic in the UK although shame it never got to number one as it was beaten by S Club 7!