"Beautiful Stranger": What do we think of this song now

Guest bluejean

It was a great fun single at the time.

I think it's fairly forgotten about by now. Most likely due to the fact that it was very much paying homage to the 60's sound for the theme of the movie, and as a result doesn't really stand out as unique compared to songs like Frozen, Ray Of Light, Music, Die another day etc.

I still really like it, I think it very much deserved its spot on Celebration instead of American Pie. Due to it's retro sound it hasn't really dated much, if that's possible. The video was alot of fun as was the Drowned World performance.

Most fun since Vogue?

Well there's always a bit of 'Deeper & Deeper'..even the lyrics were quite disco thematically speaking, so no. :fag:

I think BS is unfairly maligned by fans on message boards..

It's still quite popular here & always voted amongst her tracks that make it in2 those all time top 1000 charts they do on the radio.

I think in many ways it's the perfect pop single..the melody & arrangement r great! Plus my mum & dad love it :wow:

Most fun since Vogue?

Well there's always a bit of 'Deeper & Deeper'..even the lyrics were quite disco thematically speaking, so no. :fag:

I think BS is unfairly maligned by fans on message boards..

It's still quite popular here & always voted amongst her tracks that make it in2 those all time top 1000 charts they do on the radio.

I think in many ways it's the perfect pop single..the melody & arrangement r great! Plus my mum & dad love it :wow:

Suedehead hates it, though.

I like the song. I never paid much attention to the likeness it had to RAY OF LIGHT until recently, but you can definitely tell the same people worked on both of those songs. It's just too bad that it didn't get released as a single in the U.S., you can bet it would have been a top 10 if it was.

Guest jamesshot

I really think BS is a fantastic song. It is fun, well written, full of energy and very well produced. It is fun but not mindless. One of her best pure pop/rock songs. She nailed it with BS. It is one of those songs even a lot of non-fans still really love. I wish AL( the album) would have been more like this.

I really think BS is a fantastic song. It is fun, well written, full of energy and very well produced. It is fun but not mindless. One of her best pure pop/rock songs. She nailed it with BS. It is one of those songs even a lot of non-fans still really love. I wish AL( the album) would have been more like this.

YES!! :clap:

I love Beautiful Stranger it was a massive hit in Australia and got endless airplay. It's one of my favourite tracks produced by Orbit it was good to see Madonna going back to being fun after all the seriousness of Ray Of Light.

Guest chatty kathy

Have always loved it! Pure pop fun!

I had it as my avitar and siggy, for a couple of days and it was 'Vogue' month!

So I switched around and it was back several minutes before I saw this thread.

I'm suprised more people don't like it. Doesn't seem much of a fan fave here.

Guest edsalas

I still like this song a lot. Very catchy and dancey and I love the 60's sound that it has. As a plus, the video is very fun to watch and Madonna looks great and sexy in it. Yeah, Beautiful Stranger rocks!!!

Classic. it perfectly hold her momentum between ROL and Music albuns! She had 3 years in a roll of HUGE quality/sucess :wow: