Alison Goldfrapp: 'Madonna : Yuck.'

acko

HUMO 30.03.2010

Have u ever heard Madonna's 'Like It Or Not' from 'Confessions on A Dancefloor'? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record.

'Black Cherry' Godlfrapp to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'Never heard it, that song. I couldn't care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people's work. yuck.'

Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : 'Ooh La La' was a T-Rex ripp-off. 'Cologne Cerrone Houdini' could have been any Gainsbourg song

on 'Histoire de Meldoy Nelson'. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. (laughs) Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we'll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest Dj's and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That's not our style.

Then Christina Aguilera is mentioned..& Cuntflap makes up this excuse that for once she was curious what it would be like to work with a real American popstar..but that it didn't turn out well. It's not their thing and she and Gregory can only write for each other..blablabla .

She is such a cunt! In her view,when Madonna does a song that sounds like something else,it's a rip-off.But when Goldfrapp does a song that sounds like another song,it's a "homage"???! Bitch,get the hell outta here! She's too dumb to realize that much of the 'COADF' album is Madonna's homage to classic dance/disco music.If some songs resemble other songs,that was INTENTIONAL! And Stuart Price was not exactly "the hottest producer" in the pop music world when he produced that record (he still isn't).What the hell is this Alison bitch talking about??!! She's a lying bitch.She should be more concerned with her OWN career,which really isn't doing that great.Did Goldfrapp's last tour gross over $300 million?? Will Goldfrapp ever be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? I don't think so! Until Alison can top Madonna's accomplishments,she needs to keep her irrelevent mouth shut.I can't stand it when jealous 'nobodies' talk shit about Madonna.Their jealousy is so transparent.

She is such a cunt! In her view,when Madonna does a song that sounds like something else,it's a rip-off.But when Goldfrapp does a song that sounds like another song,it's a "homage"???! Bitch,get the hell outta here! She's too dumb..

Funny how it seems to be the ones chucking the word 'dumb' around in this thread that have the most difficulty with basic reading and comprehension.

u equate jealousy with confidence? :confused:

I knew I worded it wrong, but I was saying no one I like has ever pissed on Madonna, because they are generally confident and have a sense of humor about themselves to begin with.

apparently she's one of the most frustrated singers I've ever know (with Mariah on top of course). It's a pity that her quality of music it's opposite with her personality.

Who cares what the NME think? It's an outdated, redundant, inconsequential, poorly written, poseur, wannabe fashionista rag that isn't even good enoug for Miley Cyrus fans. It's terrible journalism and incredibly inconsistent.

Of COURSE it's incosistent. ALL magazines are, they do tend to have different writers.

I haven't read it for years but their Goldfrapp reviews were always much amuse.

I'd just like 2 say that the first time I heard LION I instantly heard Goldfrapp..I like Goldfrapp :fag:

Note 2 Loomer..this is exactly how I feel about Raisin Murphy..she's the same kinda humourless cunt.

& BTW I'm glad u gays love my thread :fag:

Hmm.. now some people would say that about Lady M these days

How dare u like Goldfrapp and not Raisin :americanlife::fag:

I only liked Seventh Tree. The new one I still ain't got and meant to. I liked Rocket, but suppose it's kinda bland and forgettable.

It's the journo's fault for saying Like It Or Not sounds like Goldfrapp :manson:

Rather than dissing Madonna, Alison just sounds more bored by being asked the same question. Not that I'm defending the cunt, I've always thought she was WAY OVERRATED and it's pleasing to see the PRETENTIOUS SHREW flopping at last.

:queenbitch:

Sounds about right. She could have put it more tactfully and just said I don't want to talk about Madonna again. In the last Q she made sure she said "BUT I'M NOT DISSING HER, JUST AN OBSERVATION" after she was a little snide.

Funny how it seems to be the ones chucking the word 'dumb' around in this thread that have the most difficulty with basic reading and comprehension.

Ooh well aren't we the bitch :catty::queenbitch:

If by BASIC comprehension and READING you mean NITPICKING TO DEATH OVER ONE ONE WORD (LAME rebuttal, I knew someone would fall for it) and IGNORING THE POINT when you knew exactly what I meant, then yes, maybe

It's quite simple - by using the word "post modern" she revealed her TRUE pretentious ART SCHOOL BIMBO colours.

And you can well imagine she DOES say this in EVERY DAY CONVESRATION with her arty fartsy friends with a LITERAL rather than FIGURATIVE straight face.

:doh:

Guys... Alison has always been a prickly character.

Calm down.

She might admire Madonna's business acumen but she doesn't have to like her music. And she isn't afraid to say so.

In nearly every interview I've read of hers some journo has to bring up Madonna. Why? Do goad a knee jerk comment which will raise heckles.

Alison is obviously bored of it and thinks it contrived, just as her answers are. Alison obviously doesn't compare herself to Madonna.

Lyrically Alison is more 'arty' than Madonna. Musically they are both pop and musically both are derivative. But if Alison wants to consider herself more of an 'artist' than she thinks Madonna is, so what?

5 pages for this???

:electropop:

First thing is, do we know she actually said this? I mean she claims she has been misquoted about Madonna before. I really can't hear Alison Goldfrapp saying "Yuck" about anything.

If she DID say these things then, yes, she's fucking stupid. Not for disliking Madonna's music, which she is perfectly entitled to, but for that ridiculous "homage" comment.

But this whole story reeks a bit of shite to me.

First thing is, do we know she actually said this? I mean she claims she has been misquoted about Madonna before. I really can't hear Alison Goldfrapp saying "Yuck" about anything.

If she DID say these things then, yes, she's fucking stupid. Not for disliking Madonna's music, which she is perfectly entitled to, but for that ridiculous "homage" comment.

But this whole story reeks a bit of shite to me.

It's a very serious magazine...she might hve said 'Eww' instead of 'Yuck' though.

Guest jamesshot

:doh:

Guys... Alison has always been a prickly character.

Calm down.

She might admire Madonna's business acumen but she doesn't have to like her music. And she isn't afraid to say so.

In nearly every interview I've read of hers some journo has to bring up Madonna. Why? Do goad a knee jerk comment which will raise heckles.

Alison is obviously bored of it and thinks it contrived, just as her answers are. Alison obviously doesn't compare herself to Madonna.

Lyrically Alison is more 'arty' than Madonna. Musically they are both pop and musically both are derivative. But if Alison wants to consider herself more of an 'artist' than she thinks Madonna is, so what?

5 pages for this???

:electropop:

And we don't have to like this cunt. And we aren't afraid to say so. :)

She should keep rude shit like this to herself. And yes, so should Madonna when she gets bitchy about other artists. Artists who slag off other artists sound very pathetic. In Allison's case, she is pathetic.

Guest jamesshot

Madonna should ask her to open for her next tour.

The object is to fill up the stadium not send everyone running for the exits!

I hate this, I hate that, I'm the best on this, I'm the best on that, yuck on this, yuck on that, bla bla bla.

She said some years ago she hated the 80's and now their new album have this 80's sound - wtf?

God I hate this woman. Poor thing.

I hate this, I hate that, I'm the best on this, I'm the best on that, yuck on this, yuck on that, bla bla bla.

She said some years ago she hated the 80's and now their new album have this 80's sound - wtf?

God I hate this woman. Poor thing.

Like Madonna said ABBA were BORING and SUPRISE, in 2005 she said she was a HUGE fan :lmao:

YUCK at some fans really :lmao:

Oh my :lol:

First off, COADF and Supernature are two different animals really - and to still be discussing this almost 5 YEARS later is stupid. These interviewers need to think up better questions, but obviously they are trying to get a rise out of her.

Secondly, its no secret that Alison is a fucking pretentious bitch...however all of you seem to forget that Madonna is too :rosey: The fact that some of you are willing to boycott Goldfrapp for making comments against Madonna is more than a bit ridiculous. If you don't enjoy their music, fine, but saying "I like them but she insulted Madonna! I hope you fail!" is not very rational. This isn't elementary school :confused: