Alison Goldfrapp: 'Madonna : Yuck.'

acko

I have never had an issue with a singer I like insulting Madonna, probably because I am drawn to confident people.

u equate jealousy with confidence? :confused:

Poor Alison, I am sure she'd love to convince us that SHE'S SO REAL AND SHE DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHATCHU THINK but in reality all she manages to accomplish is making herself look like a frumpy miserable british cow - and arrogant to boot.

Oh I do LOVE a bit of clumsy xenophobia. :rolleyes:

Also, the [laughs] afterwards COMPLETELY changes the nature of the 'hommage' comment; she knows she's been caught out being a cunt and is being ironic and self aware -anyone who doesn't realise this clearly hasn't watched any Goldfrapp interviews and doesn't get the meter and speech pattern of what she's saying, or doesn't understand irony.

What she said about Madonna was uncalled for, but it was an odd question to ask. Why would she have heard a random Madonna album track, and since when did anyone compare LION to Goldfrapp?

Guest Therealalejandro

I have never had an issue with a singer I like insulting Madonna, probably because I am drawn to confident people.

Well this one doesn't seem remotely confident and so your theory is wasted.

Oh here we go. :rolleyes:

And I REPEAT for the 45623102899th time, Goldfrapp are FUCKING SHIT. ESPECIALLY bland dreck like Black Cherry (:manson: at title, how dare that bytch steal the flavour of my favourite yougurt)

And the cunt should be STRUNG UP AND SHOT for daring to rip off King of Pop Serge's Histoire de Melody Nelson

I will pick up the new album, but ONCE AGAIN she gets YET ANOTHER mediocre review from NME and doesn't get the CREDIBILITY she so DESPERATELY CRAVES - http://www.nme.com/reviews/goldfrapp/11146 :fag:

she's not even worthy pronouncing Madonna's name

if she had a tenth of Madonna's humbleness and simplicity maybe she would amount to something (even if she's an ok artist)

going on a TV show in a foreign country and practically making a fool of the audience and the tv host when you're there to promote something

isn't a sign of intelligence

she's not even worthy pronouncing Madonna's name

if she had a tenth of Madonna's humbleness and simplicity maybe she would amount to something (even if she's an ok artist)

going on a TV show in a foreign country and practically making a fool of the audience and the tv host when you're there to promote something

isn't a sign of intelligence

this is too much :lmao:

Oh here we go. :rolleyes:

And I REPEAT for the 45623102899th time, Goldfrapp are FUCKING SHIT.

IN YOUR OPINION they are shit. You've stated it before, and no-one gave a fuck then either. A lot of people here happen to like them, including people who don't like Alison's attitude, and including Madonna herself. Deal with it.

yes to survive for thirty years like she did you need to have a great dose of that

humble in the sense that she truly respects every nationality and has always taken a bit of something from every culture and everywhere

this alison woman stops performing (playback) gives her shoulders to the camera and then she starts complaining to the host that she can't perform because

some baloons are on the floor...... her bitchiness is not even remotely humorous...she came off as rude....madonna never did that to an audience

humbleness in that sense

HUMO 30.03.2010

Have u ever heard Madonna's 'Like It Or Not' from 'Confessions on A Dancefloor'? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record.

'Black Cherry' Godlfrapp to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'Never heard it, that song. I couldn't care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people's work. yuck.'

Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : 'Ooh La La' was a T-Rex ripp-off. 'Cologne Cerrone Houdini' could have been any Gainsbourg song

on 'Histoire de Meldoy Nelson'. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. (laughs) Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. .

Sounds like a GU explaination between stealing and paying homage! :shock:

IN YOUR OPINION they are shit. You've stated it before, and no-one gave a fuck then either. A lot of people here happen to like them, including people who don't like Alison's attitude, and including Madonna herself. Deal with it.

It was enough to make YOU respond though :rosey:

I don't care if they're liked here, in my and PLENTY of others opinions they aren't all that. Deal with that.

Guest jamesshot

I like Madonna so I usually have an issue with someone dissing her. It doesn't make me hate them or dislike them. It can color my opinion of them a little, especially if they are someone I absolutely don't give a shit about to begin with, like this stupid cunt Allison. I just don't get it. Madonna seems to get a lot of shit- some really dismissive comments from her fellow artists. It seems to have gotten worse in the last few years. Espcially from people I wouldn't expect like this sad turd. I mean, who the fuck is she?

I guess Madonna has to die to really get praised( and I mean true praise not backhanded compliments).

Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : 'Ooh La La' was a T-Rex ripp-off. 'Cologne Cerrone Houdini' could have been any Gainsbourg song

on 'Histoire de Meldoy Nelson'. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. (laughs) Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we'll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest Dj's and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That's not our style.

:rolleyes:

NEVER trust someone who uses the word "post-modern" with a straight face. Dumb art school bitch.

Guest ursaminorjim

I guess Madonna has to die to really get praised( and I mean true praise not backhanded compliments).

At this point, yeah.

NME...really? :lmao:

Yes, really. And not just them, they were never a particular critical favourite that I'm aware of. But dear old ALISON (since she so HUMBLY named the band after herself) would LOVE to be liked by the Pitchfork and NME crowd.

But her band were never pioneers at ANYTHING - lmfao @ her daring to call Madonna out on following trends and being derivative when that's all she ever did. She just did them 10 or 30 years after they'd already BEEN DONE - first with trip hop when that sound had long died out and she saw a gap in the market, then reviving the BEYOND TIRED Glitter band glam beat and doing an "I Feel Love" clone with all the soul and energy surgically removed, then finally some FOLK MUSIC and back to the 80s.

She is a fraud and one big old recycle machine, never any better at it than Madonna was (the master) with AVERAGE anaemic music that is nothing to get worked up over whatsoever. In MY OPINION, of COURSE. :)

Yuck.

Lucky guy, if Goldfrapp were American and 12:51 called her an American cow you wouldn't have called him out. With regard to Goldfrapp, even if she WAS being ironic she wasn't when she said M copied others' work. So basically she avoided the pressing point the interviewer raised too late, so a big lose-lose. :clap: Maybe next time she'll think ahead.

Guest Xanthium

Like It Or Not has never sounded like Goldfrapp to me......at all.

Me neither. I have no idea where that interviewer pulled that one out of.

I love Goldfrapp's music, they're one of my favorite artists and I love the new album but Allison really needs to stop slagging off Madonna. Now Allison, for the most part, seems like a person with a brain. So why in the hell does she continually diss Madonna? Isn't she aware that it just puts a microscope to her seething jealousy? I really believe that Allison wishes she was as big and revolutionary as Madonna is. But she knows she doesn't have the persona or the balls for it. I think Allison is a great singer and makes amazing music but she needs to shut the fuck up about Madonna already. She's pretty clueless about how transparent her insults are.

Guest ursaminorjim
...doing an "I Feel Love" clone with all the soul and energy surgically removed...

Hang on - gotta make an exception here, babe.

The whole point of "I feel love" in the first place was its soullessness! That's what made it such an exceptional piece!

(we now return you to our regularly scheduled bitchery programming...)