Alison Goldfrapp: 'Madonna : Yuck.'

acko

Guest nothingfails0603

I love how Madonna is "copying" but Goldfrapp's copying of Xanadu is an "homage". Hmmmmmmmm....

Alison has always slagged Madonna off though, but still doesn't make her look less of a hypocrite.

No, it's not stupid. It's kind of a system I have. I sometimes listen to an artist because someone introduces them to me, so I know their music. But I've gotten into several artists because I read about them somewhere and I don't know how to explain it, but I get a haunch, a vibe, whatever you call it, that tells me "Edwin, listen to this artist." That's what I meant.

You're just saying that it's stupid because you don't like it that people in here are dissing this woman. Face it.

No, I said several times she's a cunt. It's just stupid not listening to them just because she said "bad" things about Madonna.

Guest nothingfails0603

No, it's not stupid. It's kind of a system I have. I sometimes listen to an artist because someone introduces them to me, so I know their music. But I've gotten into several artists because I read about them somewhere and I don't know how to explain it, but I get a haunch, a vibe, whatever you call it, that tells me "Edwin, listen to this artist." That's what I meant.

You're just saying that it's stupid because you don't like it that people in here are dissing this woman. Face it.

Well, I know what you're saying. Alison is a stuck up bitch, but she is still one of the best artists of the past decade. She comes off a bit a musical snob (the main reason they did the acid-rockish Seventh Tree was because Supernature made them classified "dance music" and somehow she thinks she's too good for that label) but as long as she keeps delivering good music, I'll take her comments with a grain of salt. I'd rather someone like her spout off shit than some teen pop artist who doesn't know shit about the music that came before her. I am sure you'd love their new record, it's very early 1980's sounding. She's a bitch but nobody has ever channelled Laura Branigan's stuff this well IMO.

Well, I know what you're saying. Alison is a stuck up bitch, but she is still one of the best artists of the past decade. She comes off a bit a musical snob (the main reason they did the acid-rockish Seventh Tree was because Supernature made them classified "dance music" and somehow she thinks she's too good for that label) but as long as she keeps delivering good music, I'll take her comments with a grain of salt. I'd rather someone like her spout off shit than some teen pop artist who doesn't know shit about the music that came before her. I am sure you'd love their new record, it's very early 1980's sounding. She's a bitch but nobody has ever channelled Laura Branigan's stuff this well IMO.

:thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603

No, I said several times she's a cunt. It's just stupid not listening to them just because she said "bad" things about Madonna.

I agree with this. I've known Alison is a cunt for years but as long as I like the music she makes I'm willing to overlook it.

Poor Alison, I am sure she'd love to convince us that SHE'S SO REAL AND SHE DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHATCHU THINK but in reality all she manages to accomplish is making herself look like a frumpy miserable british cow - and arrogant to boot.

Guest edsalas

I said that their music hasn't called my attention LONG BEFORE I KNEW THAT SHE DISSED MADONNA so it's not because she's saying shit about Madonna the reason why I'm not into her music. Get it?

Guest edsalas

Did Allison Goldfrapp cover a Laura Branigan song?

Poor Alison, I am sure she'd love to convince us that SHE'S SO REAL AND SHE DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHATCHU THINK but in reality all she manages to accomplish is making herself look like a frumpy miserable british cow - and arrogant to boot.

she's so pathetic

Guest Therealalejandro

Yes. It's called the entire Head First album.

Zzzzzz... she's just jealous because she'll never have a Number One record anywhere.

FACT. But don't u remember after HU at the EMA's she lost her cool 4 a bit & acted all giddy cuz Madonna went & told her she loved her.

WHAT A PATHETIC WHORE...

'WHAT HAPPINNED?'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxcyAQ_BIqk

I am SO glad I decided not to buy Seventh Tree special edition at the last moment when I was in the Virgin megastore :manson: . for a second there I was almost going to contribute to this cunt's wallet

I suspected as much from Alison. Oh well. I still love Goldfrapp's work and I also love knowing that Madonna got the sweetest revenge anyway - she took the same sound and sold 9x more than Goldfrapp's Supernature with COADF.

Guest ursaminorjim

I am SO glad I decided not to buy Seventh Tree special edition at the last moment when I was in the Virgin megastore :manson: . for a second there I was almost going to contribute to this cunt's wallet

Great album, though.

Guest nothingfails0603

not that I'm aware of, but a lot of people have compared "Rocket" with sounding like "Gloria". The new album is extremely 1980-1982 pop radio sounding. The cover artwork is practically straight outta Xanadu. I like it because a lot of people have made 1980's pastiche sounding songs but never with the sound Goldfrapp's doing this time.

GEEEZUS H CHRIST. STFU you stupid cunt. Damn I am sick of these flippin nimrods dissing Madonna.

THANK YOU. As am I. I'm to the point where I just roll my eyes because it's so fucking transparent. I wish people wouldn't make such a bid deal about it. It's sooo BORING.

Guest ursaminorjim

She needs a big black man to fuck the shit out of her. She'll be a better person for it. Fucking miserable cunt.

Wait, which one?