Alison Goldfrapp: 'Madonna : Yuck.'

acko

Hang on - gotta make an exception here, babe.

The whole point of "I feel love" in the first place was its soullessness! That's what made it such an exceptional piece!

(we now return you to our regularly scheduled bitchery programming...)

Well you know what I meant... somehow lacking the orgasmic gospel passion of Donna, which was juxtaposed with the cold electronics. That had no tune or life in it at all.

I really DO have to take the fall for that. It was my fault for starting the Queen Elizabeth I thread. :rotfl:

Yes, really. And not just them, they were never a particular critical favourite that I'm aware of. But dear old ALISON (since she so HUMBLY named the band after herself) would LOVE to be liked by the Pitchfork and NME crowd.

But her band were never pioneers at ANYTHING - lmfao @ her daring to call Madonna out on following trends and being derivative when that's all she ever did. She just did them 10 or 30 years after they'd already BEEN DONE - first with trip hop when that sound had long died out and she saw a gap in the market, then reviving the BEYOND TIRED Glitter band glam beat and doing an "I Feel Love" clone with all the soul and energy surgically removed, then finally some FOLK MUSIC and back to the 80s.

She is a fraud and one big old recycle machine, never any better at it than Madonna was (the master) with AVERAGE anaemic music that is nothing to get worked up over whatsoever. In MY OPINION, of COURSE. :)

You are a legend. :clap:

I really DO have to take the fall for that. It was my fault for starting the Queen Elizabeth I thread. :rotfl:

Well the most rabidly patriotic tend to be either American or English, so we can be a little detatched from it since we're Canadian and Scottish :queenbitch:

Well the most rabidly patriotic tend to be either American or English, so we can be a little detatched from it since we're Canadian and Scottish :queenbitch:

And I'm both. :wow:

Guest ursaminorjim

Why does this always have to turn into a US vs UK thing every thread. I hate nationalism.

Aw fuck you, you limey Scots mick.

The pot. The kettle. The blackness. :lol:

You can call me an egotistical whore and that is somewhat warranted. But how the fuck am IIIII Provincial?

Zzzzzz... she's just jealous because she'll never have a Number One record anywhere.

Yes she did. Check out the single releases of the Supernature album. :rotfl:

Yes. It's called the entire Head First album.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahaha. You bring the lolz.

I will pick up the new album, but ONCE AGAIN she gets YET ANOTHER mediocre review from NME and doesn't get the CREDIBILITY she so DESPERATELY CRAVES - http://www.nme.com/reviews/goldfrapp/11146 :fag:

Who cares what the NME think? It's an outdated, redundant, inconsequential, poorly written, poseur, wannabe fashionista rag that isn't even good enoug for Miley Cyrus fans. It's terrible journalism and incredibly inconsistent.

Sounds like a GU explaination between stealing and paying homage! :shock:

What is this supposed to mean, bitch? I don't think Madonna was ripping off anybody with LION, specificially. The general sound of the album was a disco/electro fusion. The whole era was about that. It's not hard to see her influences. She didn't rip anybody off though, because she applied her own personal meaning. Ripping off is repeating. Madonna does not repeat. She re-represents. She didn't perform in an Abba inspired outfit just because. Jeez.

I hope this cunt gets the headline she always wanted, I mean when was the last time she was on the front page? :rolleyes:

She's not the first, and will not be the last.

Time to move on.

NEXT!

Alison Goldcrapp is just a bitter,jealous,irrelevent wannabee.She knows that she will NEVER be as popular,respected and admired as Madonna is and she can't stand it.It's really sad that she has spend her time taking pot shots at Madonna.If she was smart,she would sit her ass down,STUDY Madonna and take notes.Maybe then,she would actually make some kind of impact in the music world.

Guest ursaminorjim

Alison Goldcrapp is just a bitter,jealous,irrelevent wannabee.She knows that she will NEVER be as popular,respected and admired as Madonna is and she can't stand it.It's really sad that she has spend her time taking pot shots at Madonna.If she was smart,she would sit her ass down,STUDY Madonna and take notes.Maybe then,she would actually make some kind of impact in the music world.

:lmao:

I'd just like 2 say that the first time I heard LION I instantly heard Goldfrapp..I like Goldfrapp :fag:

Note 2 Loomer..this is exactly how I feel about Raisin Murphy..she's the same kinda humourless cunt.

& BTW I'm glad u gays love my thread :fag:

It's the journo's fault for saying Like It Or Not sounds like Goldfrapp :manson:

Rather than dissing Madonna, Alison just sounds more bored by being asked the same question. Not that I'm defending the cunt, I've always thought she was WAY OVERRATED and it's pleasing to see the PRETENTIOUS SHREW flopping at last.