Alison Goldfrapp: 'Madonna : Yuck.'

acko

HUMO 30.03.2010

Have u ever heard Madonna's 'Like It Or Not' from 'Confessions on A Dancefloor'? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record.

'Black Cherry' Godlfrapp to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'Never heard it, that song. I couldn't care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people's work. yuck.'

Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : 'Ooh La La' was a T-Rex ripp-off. 'Cologne Cerrone Houdini' could have been any Gainsbourg song

on 'Histoire de Meldoy Nelson'. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. (laughs) Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we'll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest Dj's and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That's not our style.

Then Christina Aguilera is mentioned..& Cuntflap makes up this excuse that for once she was curious what it would be like to work with a real American popstar..but that it didn't turn out well. It's not their thing and she and Gregory can only write for each other..blablabla .

what the fuck?!! she's dissing one of my favorite Madonna songs. she really is a cunt!

Madonna yuck? yuck yourself BITCH

I was thinking of buying a physical copy of Head First but no way I'm doing it now. I will make her lose money and become broke. the bitch deserve to rot.

Goldcrapp indeed

HUMO 30.03.2010

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc..

It's almost impossible to believe anyone would say that seriously, it just sounds like a joke. It's obvious by the way she elaborates, she is actually serious. I mean, "post-modern"? How pretentious!

Guest Therealalejandro

Well I think it might be worth hammering home the fact that this latest album of theirs hasn't a drop of originality to it. It isn't because you pulled out your Mary Jane Girls, Van Halen (Good one Cowboy)and Irene Cara obscure 12" singles and ripped the fuck off them that you are paying homage. Like Joanne, this one thinks that if no one else has listened to it in twenty five years it makes it special. In defense of Joanne, at least she (allegedly) has youth on her side as an excuse for such naivete as she wasn't around the first time. Alison needs to lay off the fish pie for a minute to clean out her ears because what they created is horrendous and unlistenable. It literally sounds like every song is one of those sad 1980s 12" extended remixes that took the original song and just added a few too many bars to illustrate the gradual addition of each layer of instrumentation. It exposes Goldfrapp for what they are...Not particularly talented after all.

Does she not seem like the most miserable woman on the planet? When I saw that Italian TV perforance when she forgot to start lipsyncing I thought that all of her twattery shone through very clearly...All that insecurity and awkwardness would make any wannabe bitter, and so continues her madonna rant ten years on.

Guest ursaminorjim

I was thinking of buying a physical copy of Head First but no way I'm doing it now. I will make her lose money and become broke. the bitch deserve to rot.

I'd say don't buy it because it's not very good. :lol:

Well I think it might be worth hammering home the fact that this latest album of theirs hasn't a drop of originality to it. It isn't because you pulled out your Mary Jane Girls, Van Halen (Good one Cowboy)and Irene Cara obscure 12" singles and ripped the fuck off them that you are paying homage. Like Joanne, this one thinks that if no one else has listened to it in twenty five years it makes it special. In defense of Joanne, at least she (allegedly) has youth on her side as an excuse for such naivete as she wasn't around the first time. Alison needs to lay off the fish pie for a minute to clean out her ears because what they created is horrendous and unlistenable. It literally sounds like every song is one of those sad 1980s 12" extended remixes that took the original song and just added a few too many bars to illustrate the gradual addition of each layer of instrumentation. It exposes Goldfrapp for what they are...Not particularly talented after all.

Does she not seem like the most miserable woman on the planet? When I saw that Italian TV perforance when she forgot to start lipsyncing I thought that all of her twattery shone through very clearly...All that insecurity and awkwardness would make any wannabe bitter, and so continues her madonna rant ten years on.

Goldfrapp have made some great music. But her figurative cunt has dried up. Her actual one probably has too. Alison herself seems like a bitter, jaded, lonely, insecure and random lesbian. I mean, she's just so provincial. Ain't that funny? Madonna wouldn't fuck her. Ain't that unusual?

The whole Christina thing is bullshit too, last year they were glowing with self appreciation on the project and how amazing Christina was. When their music was panned, they obviously found the bitter pill hard to swallow...

Ain't that funny? Madonna wouldn't fuck her. Ain't that unusual?

:chuckle:

I'd say don't buy it because it's not very good. :lol:

I won't :thumbsup:

Guest valhum

Wow, i really like Goldfrapp's music but c'mon, how stupid does she sounds, it is called and hommage, THE FUCK!!! why isn't Madonna's and hommage too hahaha.....but what bothers me is when journalist do not get more confronty, u know, like he/she should've asked what is the difference between that and M, etc

Guest edsalas

I've never ever listened to anything by Goldfrapp even before knowing that she has dissed Madonna and it simply doesn't give me the vibes to listen to it.

HUMO 30.03.2010

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that.....

Assuming she did indeed say this, she sounds like a total idiot just for how she starts out that statement. :lol:

Actually I left out one little nuance..it should read:

'Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. (laughs)

:fag:

Guest edsalas

Sorry but this is just stupid.

No, it's not stupid. It's kind of a system I have. I sometimes listen to an artist because someone introduces them to me, so I know their music. But I've gotten into several artists because I read about them somewhere and I don't know how to explain it, but I get a haunch, a vibe, whatever you call it, that tells me "Edwin, listen to this artist." That's what I meant.

You're just saying that it's stupid because you don't like it that people in here are dissing this woman. Face it.