Jason Derulo To Work With Madonna!

moe

If people calm down for a minute they might notice that there has been no mention from M's camp and no pictures/videos of M leaving a record studio so this is likely to end up with those faux french producers we heard about a few months ago.

M is not going to give up striving for chart success in the US.. she doesnt know how to give up.. how anyone can say Hard Candy was not a successful project is beyond me.. 4 Minutes is up there with Vogue for chrissakes!!

Please remember that she lost a lot of fans and corporate support in the US when she drew the line on politics in her work for the very first time with American Life video.

She's guarranteed international success no matter what she puts out so it's only logical to cater to US current tastes.

And someone please tell me how this is any different from her working with Mariah's procuders on Bedtime Stories!! If you think she has lost it then fair enough but this is not proof of anything other than that she is still playing the game like she always did.

I have to agree. It boggles my mind how some are acting like Hard Candy was the first time she's worked with current producers, catering to the current U.S. mainstream. She's been doing it since Like A Virgin album. And just because the album as a whole did not sell well as her past, doesn't mean she failed, nor does it mean she should just give up on the market. That would be silly since the U.S. is definitely a huge market that everyone wants to always succeed in. After all, she's still able to do it with her tours. Obviously, there is interest in her within the U.S.

Do I think she'll ever be as successful as she used to be... NO! But she's still got enough pull that as long as she makes music, she will occasionally score a mainstream hit. It may not be as successful as the last or it may be more successful. And I agree 4 Minutes was massive. It's funny how people just dismiss that. No doubt she's looking to score another hit within that level... with the hopes to draw attention to her newest project.

too true

M is judged as being above all other 80's megastars because of the fact that she can still score big hits in the 00's.

4 Minutes being double platinum like Vogue should be able to silence even the most jaded critics. It was only 2 years ago and just goes to show what a bit of support from US radio can do.

4 Minutes was not a maverick that can't happen again next album.. it is where Madonna deserves to be, on top.. where she has earned the right to be from her amazing legacy of music.

You guys are being defeatists – we haven’t hear a single piece of new/finished music – yet many are predicting the musical artistic death of Madonna.

Look more than anyone here I want my Pretentious Madonna back – but you all have said no to the religious agendas in the music – now we’re stuck in party mode – she is so 80s right now.

Jason De'(fxxkin)Rulo.

What the hell is Madge up to?

Has she read the book 'How to totally ruin your career and turn all fans against you'?

She needs to move back to London asap!

You guys are being defeatists – we haven’t hear a single piece of new/finished music – yet many are predicting the musical artistic death of Madonna.

Look more than anyone here I want my Pretentious Madonna back – but you all have said no to the religious agendas in the music – now we’re stuck in party mode – she is so 80s right now.

If only it was 80's party mode :americanlife: (So much good 80's influenced stuff around at the moment... is she not aware of this)

She is stuck in this dire r'n'b / eurodance rut which is all that is wrong with the current pop climate. cue Black Eyed Peas / Tincy Stryder / Taoi Cruz / Jason De'Rulo / N-Dubz!!!!!!!!!

The thing is these artists(!!!!) fanbases are roughly aged between 10 and 17..... there is never any way in which Madonna can attract these youngsters.

She should wise up and concentrate on her existing fans and basically anyone with a brain over the age of 18 before she loses all with these diabolical team-ups she is so intent on doing.

If *I* had to choose a producer for M to work with, Jason DeRulo wouldn't be at the top of the list....I'm not sure he'd even be on the list. Of course, I could've said that about the producers for many of her albums pre-release. Unlike the loons here though, I have no judgement until I hear the music.

I do find it HILARIOUS though that after 2 years of constant bitching and fans deluding themselves into thinking Madonna actually gives a fuck what they think, that THIS is who she may be working with. HILARIOUS to see people saying "I wish she'd just work with Timbo and JT now."...... :lmao:.

Loony, downer fans....your voices have been heard and DeRulo is the result. Keep it up and if we are lucky maybe Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana will duet with her on the album. :lmao:

That would explain her DOWNWARD SPIRALLING career. :lmao:

Even funnier are the fans who have deluded themselves into thinking her career is on some HORRIBLE downward spiral. Yet, her last album was one of the best selling in the world for that year, 4M is one of her biggest hits and the tour was her most successful and the most successful ever by a solo artist. Kind of like the Confessions era....it was one of the top selling albums of that year, HU is one of the biggest hits of her career and CT was the biggest tour by a female artist (up until that point). So where is the "downward spiral"?

The downward spiral is in the heads of delusional fans. The "downward spiral" is fans who are upset that she's not doing what THEY want her to do. The numbers tell a completely different story though.

Guest dicktracy

Look, she already tried to cater to the (US) radio, it didn't work out... they don't give a shit about here really...

so why even bothering again?

There's more to the world than the US... and it would even be dumb now to turn your back on Europe again, because so far she had European support but lately they've been laughing about her jumping the tweeny teeny bandwagon without any own sound really...

Madonna should focus on making brilliant music and a cool and innovative album again... she will have European radio support but no matter what she does US radio doesn't bother... so why spending that time on radio that doesn't care for her no matter what?

Because she's MADONNA and she doesn't give up. Anyway, it's not confirmed so I will hold my judgement until then.

I love how people say "shes Madonna she can do what she wants" of course she can but nobody will listen if her doing what she wants results in another load of utter SHIT like that Celebration single/video/remixes.

I'm more interested in the MUSIC rather than the numbers. But if you only care about numbers, good for you! :thumbsup:

Oh and I liked Hard Candy and the Sticky Tour.

I'm absolutely more interested in the music than the numbers! :) It's just that outside of some in Madonna's hardcore fanbase not being happy with her last album, I don't see this big "downward spiral" everybody is going on about. They may not like what she's doing, but the numbers show SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE dug it or else it wouldn't have ended up being one of the biggest worldwide sellers of 2008. So if you were Madonna, what indication would there be that there is any sort of problem with your career? Loons on a message board who go off if she wears the wrong color lipstick? lol She'll never please everybody, some people don't even like ROL.

Honey the Rolling Stones and U2 both had bigger tours than her and they're also acts that no longer sell records like the use to. :lmao:

Actually the only artists that outsold U2's album last year were "hot/heavily buzzed" acts of the moment (Gaga (this one's for you QB :bow:) Taylor Swift, Susan Boyle and Black Eyed Peas). Not to sound insensitive but if Michael Jackson didn't die his 2 albums that ranked in the top 10 for 2009 wouldn't be there and U2 would've placed even higher. U2's album was the #7 biggest selling album of 2009 with 3.5 million sold. That's pretty phenomenal for a band who have been releasing music for 30 years. Susan Boyle and Gaga "only" sold 6 million albums last year and they were the top 2 sellers of the year. Just to put things into perspective:

Top selling album:

Coldplay 6.6 million

Hard Candy 3.2 million

So Madonna sold roughly half of what the #1 selling album did

Top selling album:

James Blunt 6.2 million

Confessions On A Dance Floor 3.4 million

Again, Madonna sold roughly half of what the top album sold

Top selling album:

Green Day 7.9 million

Confessions On A Dance Floor 4.0 million

AGAIN, she sold roughly half of the top selling album

And aside from AL that's pretty much been the pattern since ROL. It's a bit delusional to expect MADONNA to maintain the figures she was doing 10+ years ago when nobody else is. If the number one selling album in the world sells 1 million copies and Madonna's album sells 500k worldwide then that would still be "normal" for her. When has Madonna ever totally defied the sales climate? Maybe LAV or TB? I doubt she did even then.

Guest edsalas

I agree with two points mentioned here lately: One that she should concentrate on her fanbase and not teaming up with certain producers to do certain type of music to conquer (leading her to a doom, subsequently) a certain type of audience. Two, that the quality music should be more important than numbers and if an album sells a lot that doesn't necessarily reflect that the album is just as top notch as the sales just as if an album if it doesn't sell that well that doesn't mean that it's crap.

She's guarranteed international success no matter what

Actually no. Compared to Confessions, Hard Candy was not that sucsessful in some European countries (and I loved both albums).

I agree with two points mentioned here lately: One that she should concentrate on her fanbase and not teaming up with certain producers to do certain type of music to conquer (leading her to a doom, subsequently) a certain type of audience. Two, that the quality music should be more important than numbers and if an album sells a lot that doesn't necessarily reflect that the album is just as top notch as the sales just as if an album if it doesn't sell that well that doesn't mean that it's crap.

But "quality" music is subjective. The point is, somebody somewhere found "quality" in Hard Candy or it wouldn't have sold the numbers it did. Just as many people love that album as hate it. AL is her only album of the last 4 that did not sell up to her standards. It did not finish up as one of the top sellers of that year and it's a push to say the reviews were even "mixed", generally AL got the worst reviews of any album of her career. She rectified that quickly with COADF of course. HC isn't like that. Reviews were mixed to good (some even great) and the album sold well so what indication would Madonna have that anything is wrong? None, unless she reads diehard fans on message boards devoted to her. And I'm sorry, but fans on a message board are absolutely NOT who Madonna (or any artist....look at where Mariah is and she ALWAYS caters to the "lambs"...sickengly so) should be listening to. She needs to do what she always has done and that is do what SHE wants to do. She's not here 30 years later by listening to what her fans want. If she would've listened to the message board fans by the very first receptions of the song Music, it wouldn't have been released. I was here back then and people were freaking out initially about that song.

Part of her charm is that SHE does what SHE wants and if you don't like it then oh well, tough tooties. Nine times out of ten that has worked for her. Again, the only time I think she got a little freaked out by the reception of her albums was Erotica (which is what led to BS) and AL (which is why she catered to her "pink posse" big time with COADF).

Actually no. Compared to Confessions, Hard Candy was not that sucsessful in some European countries (and I loved both albums).

Well, whether her next album is critically acclaimed across the board and adored by her diehard fan base or whether it's panned and hated by the diehard fans it probably will struggle to sell as much as HC. That's just the nature of the business.

Does this rumour come from the fact that Jason Derulo very recently said that he would love to work with Madonna and that he really admires her ability to reinvent herself musically? There was a snippet of an interview with him played on Australian radio this week and he was asked who he'd like to collaborate with. He made no mention whatsoever about actually working with her - just that he'd love to (just as Lady Gaga said nearly two years ago when she first became successful outside the US that she would love to work with Madonna and write for her, because she really admired her).

Does this rumour come from the fact that Jason Derulo very recently said that he would love to work with Madonna and that he really admires her ability to reinvent herself musically? There was a snippet of an interview with him played on Australian radio this week and he was asked who he'd like to collaborate with. He made no mention whatsoever about actually working with her - just that he'd love to (just as Lady Gaga said nearly two years ago when she first became successful outside the US that she would love to work with Madonna and write for her, because she really admired her).

Probably thats how most of the rumours are formed :lol: I doubt she's even working on one right now though.

Guest edsalas

But "quality" music is subjective. The point is, somebody somewhere found "quality" in Hard Candy or it wouldn't have sold the numbers it did. Just as many people love that album as hate it. AL is her only album of the last 4 that did not sell up to her standards. It did not finish up as one of the top sellers of that year and it's a push to say the reviews were even "mixed", generally AL got the worst reviews of any album of her career. She rectified that quickly with COADF of course. HC isn't like that. Reviews were mixed to good (some even great) and the album sold well so what indication would Madonna have that anything is wrong? None, unless she reads diehard fans on message boards devoted to her. And I'm sorry, but fans on a message board are absolutely NOT who Madonna (or any artist....look at where Mariah is and she ALWAYS caters to the "lambs"...sickengly so) should be listening to. She needs to do what she always has done and that is do what SHE wants to do. She's not here 30 years later by listening to what her fans want. If she would've listened to the message board fans by the very first receptions of the song Music, it wouldn't have been released. I was here back then and people were freaking out initially about that song.

Part of her charm is that SHE does what SHE wants and if you don't like it then oh well, tough tooties. Nine times out of ten that has worked for her. Again, the only time I think she got a little freaked out by the reception of her albums was Erotica (which is what led to BS) and AL (which is why she catered to her "pink posse" big time with COADF).

You talked about reviews and what are reviews? Just someone's opinion (subjecting method to convey your views about something) about something, in this case, an album. Reviewers, especially the so-called music expert critics write a review about an album and do we always agree with what they write? Naturally no. If we all listened to the reviewers we wouldn't even try purchasing American Life album, for example and that would be sacrilege because American Life, at least in my opinion, it's the best album she's done since the new millenium despite the lousy rhymes and the overpreachiness in some songs but it's a gem of an album.

Reviewers don't hold the truth and before you say it, no, us fans don't hold the truth either but you cannot go on and say that an album is good because some reviews said so or an album is so-so because it got mixed reviews. Reviews do not reflect an entire population or a significant group, they just represent only the person who writes the review.

^ But some people are influenced by the reviews, so they're not as useless as you suggest.

Point in case - the number of people who said that they wouldn't be bothering with "Celebration" based on the reviews.... :)

Guest groovyguy

... If she would've listened to the message board fans by the very first receptions of the song Music, it wouldn't have been released. I was here back then and people were freaking out initially about that song.

Didn't people freak out with just the leaked lyrics? That was hilarious! Guess people will just freak out and bitch if she doesn't do what they want her to do.

Didn't people freak out with just the leaked lyrics? That was hilarious! Guess people will just freak out and bitch if she doesn't do what they want her to do.

So we should say we love everything she does? Because if we say we don't like something we are ALWAYS bitching for some of you. What's the point of this forum really?