Jason Derulo To Work With Madonna!

moe

Ehm? Justin? Britney? Ricky Martin?

Oh geez, yes. I'd all but managed to erase that rubbish from my mind. And she was banging Vanilla Ice.

Still, I don't believe it. She only jumps on bandwagons that are successful not some no mark with a couple singles.

Oh geez, yes. I'd all but managed to erase that rubbish from my mind. And she was banging Vanilla Ice.

Still, I don't believe it. She only jumps on bandwagons that are successful not some no mark with a couple singles.

But banging Vanilla Ice is another thing though, I mean I could understand if she was banging Derulo too :horny:

Oh goodie... I get to post something against the grain.

I personally like Jason's music. He has produced some very catchy music and that is what Madonna needs if she's looking for radio and chart success. Whether some people think it's impossible, useless or shouldn't be about the radio or charts, the fact is Madonna is always eager to score another mainstream hit. I mean; who wouldn't?? Whether she does with Jason or not, will remain to be seen. And for me, since I enjoy Jason's music, it will be something I look forward to hearing.

By the way, producing music with Jason does not mean she's going the same direction as Hard Candy or any other album she did. Also, even if she records any music with Jason, it doesn't mean it will make it on the album. But I will say, I would love to see what he comes up with... with her.

Oh goodie... I get to post something against the grain.

I personally like Jason's music. He has produced some very catchy music and that is what Madonna needs if she's looking for radio and chart success. Whether some people think it's impossible, useless or shouldn't be about the radio or charts, the fact is Madonna is always eager to score another mainstream hit. I mean; who wouldn't?? Whether she does with Jason or not, will remain to be seen. And for me, since I enjoy Jason's music, it will be something I look forward to hearing.

By the way, producing music with Jason does not mean she's going the same direction as Hard Candy or any other album she did. Also, even if she records any music with Jason, it doesn't mean it will make it on the album. But I will say, I would love to see what he comes up with... with her.

Look, she already tried to cater to the (US) radio, it didn't work out... they don't give a shit about here really...

so why even bothering again?

There's more to the world than the US... and it would even be dumb now to turn your back on Europe again, because so far she had European support but lately they've been laughing about her jumping the tweeny teeny bandwagon without any own sound really...

Madonna should focus on making brilliant music and a cool and innovative album again... she will have European radio support but no matter what she does US radio doesn't bother... so why spending that time on radio that doesn't care for her no matter what?

I'm not too excited about Jason. But I have to admit he's marginally better than David Guetta. He has a pop sensibility and is not quite as club oriented.

But overall I agree with Zezwer

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Watcha Say is one of the most annoying songs atm. This new crop of r&b boys over the last few months are so shit.

I don't see how Madonna would match ANY of his work.

In fairness, Mr. Timberlake got some decent ACCLAIM for his last album, so I wouldn't put him alongside Ricky Martin and Britney Spears.

But, when you hear of collaborations with these hot-at-radio newer acts, it makes ya shake your head a little bit.

Not that ACCLAIM really matters to JT or Britney when they are the ones selling millions but even Britney has had some ACCLAIM. ACCLAIM is just an opinion and thats it.

If it is ACCLAIM you want then should nt you be more on a Radiohead or Bjork forum or some other alternative ground breaking artist forum and not another commercial pop artist?

Not that ACCLAIM really matters to JT or Britney when they are the ones selling millions but even Britney has had some ACCLAIM. ACCLAIM is just an opinion and thats it.

If it is ACCLAIM you want then should nt you be more on a Radiohead or Bjork forum or some other alternative ground breaking artist forum and not another commercial pop artist?

That's silly. Madonna has always combined commercial pop with some artistic value. Just because music isn't alternative or obscure, doesn't mean it can't be either critically acclaimed or criticized. The quality of the music is always as important as sales at least to me

Some people have praised Britney's music, but they aren't really praising her because she doesn't write her own songs. Justin writes his own songs.

That's silly. Madonna has always combined commercial pop with some artistic value. Just because music isn't alternative or obscure, doesn't mean it can't be either critically acclaimed or criticized. The quality of the music is always as important as sales at least to me

Some people have praised Britney's music, but they aren't really praising her because she doesn't write her own songs. Justin writes his own songs.

Not always. Not including videos it was only until 1989 when she started to move from the bubble gum pop sound and that finished in 2003.

Guest edsalas

I hope this is all just rumors if not God help us. I don't want another Hard Candy. With one was more than enough.

But I wanna say something. What Techjunkie said in his first post about lowering our standards and that music isn't her priority at the moment and all that, I agree. Madonna lately hasn't released mindblowing albums like she used to and she's not working with really talented producers like Pat Leonard, Steve Bray, Shep Pettibone or whatever. And she should stop focusing on doing music that will guarantee her chart success and focus on doing music that is quality and that is true to her heart of what she really wants to do and period. For some reason the U.S. audience is not much interested her. Her last albums has been like her first single makes it to the Top 10 but the subsequent singles reach very low in the charts or don't chart at all. At least in Europe she still gets #1s and her songs easily hit Top 5, thank goodness but she should forget about chart success. She did it with Hard Candy which is, IMO and I'm sorry to say it but it's a crap album much below her standars of what she can do and that album seemed to me a bit of a desperate measure to have hits, because let's face it, that type of music like Timbaland produces is what gets a lot of airplay right now in the U.S. radio stations. However, I do hope in some way that Madonna releases a really good album and that she doesn't go in a certain direction just to get chart success but that she focuses in quality.

Not always. Not including videos it was only until 1989 when she started to move from the bubble gum pop sound and that finished in 2003.

What about LIve to Tell? But bubblegum pop can still have artistic value. There's good and bad bubblegum. To me, her music of the 80's and Cofessions had artistic value that HC didn't because they were well done and HC wasn't.

There's a lot of bubblegum from the 80's that had some quality to it, such as Culture Club, Duran Duran and groups like that. I don't mind her doing poppy accessible stuff if it's well done.

M is not going to give up striving for chart success in the US.. she doesnt know how to give up.. how anyone can say Hard Candy was not a successful project is beyond me.. 4 Minutes is up there with Vogue for chrissakes!!

Please remember that she lost a lot of fans and corporate support in the US when she drew the line on politics in her work for the very first time with American Life video.

She's guarranteed international success no matter what she puts out so it's only logical to cater to US current tastes.

And someone please tell me how this is any different from her working with Mariah's procuders on Bedtime Stories!! If you think she has lost it then fair enough but this is not proof of anything other than that she is still playing the game like she always did.

this ho????

I usually dont say this about her collabs but OH HELL NO!!!!

That song is GARBAGE! If Madonna wants to do R&B again,I'd rather that she just work with Timbaland and Justin again.

I had never even heard of him until today. :lol: I am so out of the pop loop.

Anyway, now that I have heard his stuff, he is fucking awful. However, I am so jonesin' for new Madonna album info, I actually still got excited for a second. She should by-pass Jason and go right to the source of that hit song: Imogene Heap/Frou Frou. Now THAT would be a cool collaboration.

I am not sure I buy all this anyway until Guy O. tweets something. Maybe Jason is just doing some writing with J.R. Rotem for Madonna? I am really starting to think there will be NO album release or tour until sometime in 2011. Something tells me she will do simultaneous promotion for W.E. and her new album - just like she's done for Hard Candy/IABWA and COADF/IGTTYAS. And if that is the case, I think the album won't be out until next spring/summer (assuming she films the movie this June and it takes 8 to 12 months before it sees release).

I'm not gonna take these early rumors seriously.I remember when 'Hard Candy' was being recorded,Ne-Yo mentioned in an interview that he was working on songs for Madonna's new album.Akon and producer Swizz Beatz said the same thing.Of course,these guys' songs didn't appear on the album.They,along with this Jason Derulo guy,should really keep their mouths shut until the final tracklist of the album is revealed,lol.

Apparently,when Madonna is recording a new album,she likes to seek out demos from other artists and producers.It doesn't mean that their songs are gonna wind up on the album.