Niki Harris: "Madonna is a gem"

Flip The Switch

:lol: @ ageing fans needing to be respected :lmao:

I love this place :rotfl: true insanity. Like, truly.

:evil:

You are such a bytch! It's easy for you to criticise being all young, virile and hot :hurt::(

But as THEY SAY, YOUTH is WASTED on the YOUNG

WISDOM is nothing to be SNIFFED AT

And men reach their peak in their 30s, one could say too :angel:

33326862H7383521.jpg

Coked Up Baby Boy, you're pretty ancient yourself compared to me... just kidding! (forgive my, my elder) :lol:

Anyway, I give my respect to people who are older than me, M fans or not. That's a given. They obviously know more and have experienced more. They are the coolest and no one can touch'em.

Older people (which doesn't mean old people btw, old people are like 80) are so intimidating though, maybe it's because I'm a newbie to this forum but I'm REALLY scared of everyone here, no joke. :scared:

BUT just because I'm not older doesn't mean I'm not a real fan.

BUT just because I'm not older doesn't mean I'm not a real fan.

No, dear, you are everything. Some young uns are really cool and know more than me about lots of stuff, you can't put an age on knowledge, intelligence or maturity.

I'm most impressed with your love of Queen Marlene and all the silent movies you've seen - I've never seen ONE :rotfl::shy: Though I do have the Criterion Collection DVD of The Passion of Joan of Arc which I will watch someday :wow:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

you can't put an age on knowledge, intelligence or maturity.

Indeed. Some older people are thick as shit.

No, dear, you are everything. Some young uns are really cool and know more than me about lots of stuff, you can't put an age on knowledge, intelligence or maturity.

I'm most impressed with your love of Queen Marlene and all the silent movies you've seen - I've never seen ONE :rotfl::shy: Though I do have the Criterion Collection DVD of The Passion of Joan of Arc which I will watch someday :wow:

Aw, thank you loomer :inlove: I am nothing, you are everything.

I fell in love with Marlene when I was 6 so that's what got me into the whole old movies thing.

Guest Danny86

I don't mean YOU dear

I was specifically talking about Danny86 who continually agitates people and expresses a hostile cunty know-it-all attitude as if he was a walking Madonna Encyclopedia (he ISN'T, I AM, Pud is, Scrappy is, Mattress is, Suedey is, acko is, HolidayGuy is, nothingfails is, carta is etc :angel:;) ) towards other fans who DARE express an OPINION different to his, when he was barely a glint in his mothers eye when True Blue came out. :lmao:

I have no problem with younger fans at all - more power to them and all - but they should not have the cheek to CONDESCEND fans who are coming at it with a completely different angle with regards to her work.

Revisionist Madonna fans - uh uh. There can be no such thing.

Danny86 takes this forum more seriously than even Svperstar. And takes Madonna more seriously than even Madonna herself (then again so does Carta). But every forum has someone like that. Not much we can do.

Love you Danny.

Oh okay, so at least I know older fans who spew stuff like "not real songs" are considered more valuable than someone who's younger but bothered to research the facts about an era he didn't live through. It doesn't matter that most of the time it's never the "old" fans I made fun of/corrected. I didn't expect it would be loomer who'd give me shit like that, I guess you didn't like how last year I called out on your obsession about the TIC mixes wrongly considered as the definite versions.

Carry on with the "non-serious" daydreaming about how great your lives were in the past with the 30 year olds whose knowledge is unquestionable and God given.

Guest bluejean

No offence, but the older members who grew up with Madonna and were fans at the time and know the context things were in at the time are obviously going to have more knowledge than the younger ones.

I really can't see how having been a fan for a longer period of time or being older makes their opinion more valid.

Basically your confusing "opinion" with "experience." At the end of the day, whether you were a fan in 1992, 1998 or 1982 you're still judging the same body of work.

Karbatal has expressed continual dislike of Hard Candy and Sticky & Sweet and is now saying Madonna hasn't done any "real songs" since 1998. That's fine, but it really has nothing to do with being around in the 80's. It's personal taste.

Guest chatty kathy

I really can't see how having been a fan for a longer period of time or being older makes their opinion more valid.

Basically your confusing "opinion" with "experience." At the end of the day, whether you were a fan in 1992, 1998 or 1982 you're still judging the same body of work.

Karbatal has expressed continual dislike of Hard Candy and Sticky & Sweet and is now saying Madonna hasn't done any "real songs" since 1998. That's fine, but it really has nothing to do with being around in the 80's. It's personal taste.

Spot on! I hate the fighting between M fans. Talk about catty.

If someone says something someone else doesn't like about a particular cd, movie, photoshoot, ect...

Many old timers say that person isn't really a fan.

That's a BIG pet-peeve of mine.

You can be a fan of someone, yet not something in their body of work you aren't especially fond of.

These levels of fandom ars silly.

Had nothing to do w/this situation, but I couldn't stop my ramblings about somethings in the M community.

Spot on! I hate the fighting between M fans. Talk about catty.

If someone says something someone else doesn't like about a particular cd, movie, photoshoot, ect...

Many old timers say that person isn't really a fan.

That's a BIG pet-peeve of mine.

You can be a fan of someone, yet not something in their body of work you aren't especially fond of.

These levels of fandom ars silly.

Had nothing to do w/this situation, but I couldn't stop my ramblings about somethings in the M community.

Well you put it best dear...

Basically your confusing "opinion" with "experience."

Well that wasn't my intention and it goes without saying some younger fans are cool and know their stuff - like I said in my original post. But the fact remains they still weren't there at her peak. Heck I wasn't, really.

Now of course that doesn't make them less valid as a fan (nobody is here), just that they're coming at things with a different perspective and there are all sorts of schools of thought here regarding Madonna/Joanne/Britney which has what really has been the big divide of this place.

All I was saying there was Danny86 acts like his opinion and knowlegde is the be all and end all and gets into needless petty arguments. Pointless.

I didn't expect it would be loomer who'd give me shit like that, I guess you didn't like how last year I called out on your obsession about the TIC mixes wrongly considered as the definite versions.

No, I had no problem with that. The Immaculate Collection is a classic iconic greatest album that flows well as an album - despite, probably because, they were all remixed Q sound mixes.

What I DID have a problem with was you spouting NONSENSE and not backing it up like saying that BLOATED TIC mix of "Vogue" NEEDED to be on Celebration just because it had the "what are you looking at" intro. Um, wtf?! WHY? :blink:

Carry on with the "non-serious" daydreaming about how great your lives were in the past with the 30 year olds whose knowledge is unquestionable and God given.

I never said you didn't have knowledge about Madonna. You have plenty of that, so much so that it's mind boggling and obsessional. But it's what you do with that knowledge that counts. My problem is you continually seem to confuse knowledge (facts) with OPINION and you can be quite snappy to people who don't see things your way.

Other than that, I have never had a problem with you and always liked you as a poster.