Niki Harris: "Madonna is a gem"

Flip The Switch

What kinda BS is that? Are you intentionally trying to emulate such members as waiting or fak? I think we get it you're stuck in the 80s, but most people - Madonna included - have moved on.

"Frozen" wouldn't have been as big as it was, had it not been Madonna's new vocals and Orbit's production. Also, all the critical acclaim, awards and hype was due to the ROL single/video which has nothing to do with Patrick Leonard. Most people don't remember Pat wrote 4 out of 13 songs on that album.

PDP was not written by Stephen Bray, he just played the guitar and conducted the other musicians. That's hardly a "sound".

Otherwise Glinda said it best! :thumbsup:

First of all, i am not stuck in the 80s. In fact, i've been always glad that Madonna has moved on and was happy during Erotica and durnig BS, and during ROL and during AL and i am even happy nowadays with Celebration, that i don't call Retardation as other people do. To me it's been a very good double album, with a beautiful cover and i like the title track a lot. So, don't go there.

Secondly, PDP was produced by Stephen Bray, that's what I've said. I've never said that it was written by him. I was answering your post, saying that you found Stephen's tracks dated in Celebration. And by the way, Express Yourself in Celebration is the remixed Pettibone one, so if you find it dated, that's a question about Shep and not about Stephen. So I don't know which songs from Stephen Bray you find dated in Celebration.

And thirdly, pleeeeeease, ROL the song was less than half succesful as Frozen was. And the video has been like a thousand time less acclaimed. Frozen the song, without the melody and violins, it's nothing. Adding some random "clicks" and "plungs" and "pum pam pum" between verses doesn't make that song the good track it is.

First of all, i am not stuck in the 80s. In fact, i've been always glad that Madonna has moved on and was happy during Erotica and durnig BS, and during ROL and during AL and i am even happy nowadays with Celebration, that i don't call Retardation as other people do. To me it's been a very good double album, with a beautiful cover and i like the title track a lot. So, don't go there.

well it's a little unrealistic to expect to like everything in a 25 year career.

Danny86, I don't think you should talk to karbatal like that. You just have different tastes and opinions.

No offence, but the older members who grew up with Madonna and were fans at the time and know the context things were in at the time are obviously going to have more knowledge than the younger ones.

The younger ones are cool sure and they can read up on all the old shyt as much as they want, but it is STILL ultimately nostalgia for something they didn't experience first hand and reading up only tells you so much and is not the same as first hand knowledge and memories.

Pud Whacker, Scrapple, ursaminorjim, afrolito, Norig etc should all be treated with the upmost respect and be GODS here. They're the original fans who know their shyt and were lucky enough to be around at the time the bytch ruled the world.

I was always taught to respect my elders (and I mean that in a GOOD way ;) ) and have always been somewhat jealous of people who are a few years older than me cause I just missed out on fully experiencing the 80s and hit puberty towards the start of the 90s.

Danny86, I don't think you should talk to karbatal like that. You just have different tastes and opinions.

No offence, but the older members who grew up with Madonna and were fans at the time and know the context things were in at the time are obviously going to have more knowledge than the younger ones.

The younger ones are cool sure and they can read up on all the old shyt as much as they want, but it is STILL ultimately nostalgia for something they didn't experience first hand and reading up only tells you so much and is not the same as first hand knowledge and memories.

Pud Whacker, Scrapple, ursaminorjim, afrolito, Norig etc should all be treated with the upmost respect and be GODS here. They're the original fans who know their shyt and were lucky enough to be around at the time the bytch ruled the world.

I was always taught to respect my elders (and I mean that in a GOOD way ;) ) and have always been somewhat jealous of people who are a few years older than me cause I just missed out on fully experiencing the 80s and hit puberty towards the start of the 90s.

I think Mimi just hung up the phone on ur ass... :fag:

Just because I aint 2839873873893773 years old does not make me an unfan. I am as real as it gets.

Oh don't be ridiculous, it's not a fucking retirement home. EVERYONE should be treated with the same level of respect and be judged on whether their posts are valid or not. If Pud posts that Niki Harris is a piece of human shit or whatever immature rant he went on, the remark should be treated with the contempt it deserves, if anything more so because it comes from someone old enough to know better.

Lucky Geezah, I agreed with you until you said we should judge people more responsible whom are older. I liked your equal opportunities opening and I thought you were going into a nice Martin Luther 'Judge by the content of the post...' speech.

Lucky Geezah, I agreed with you until you said we should judge people more responsible whom are older. I liked your equal opportunities opening and I thought you were going into a nice Martin Luther 'Judge by the content of the post...' speech.

I was using hyperbole, I do think people should be treated equally fundamentally. However, I do find it odd that the older amongst us should aparently be treated with kid gloves -I mean they're not fucking senile. They experienced the beginning of Madonna's career not Judy Garland's.

Just because I aint 2839873873893773 years old does not make me an unfan. I am as real as it gets.

I don't mean YOU dear

I was specifically talking about Danny86 who continually agitates people and expresses a hostile cunty know-it-all attitude as if he was a walking Madonna Encyclopedia (he ISN'T, I AM, Pud is, Scrappy is, Mattress is, Suedey is, acko is, HolidayGuy is, nothingfails is, carta is etc :angel:;) ) towards other fans who DARE express an OPINION different to his, when he was barely a glint in his mothers eye when True Blue came out. :lmao:

I have no problem with younger fans at all - more power to them and all - but they should not have the cheek to CONDESCEND fans who are coming at it with a completely different angle with regards to her work.

Revisionist Madonna fans - uh uh. There can be no such thing.

Oh don't be ridiculous, it's not a fucking retirement home. EVERYONE should be treated with the same level of respect and be judged on whether their posts are valid or not.

Well precisely and I never suggested otherwise, but I think Pud to some extent was ALSO using hyperbole.

I thought it was very amusing. I like(d) Niki but she IS a hypocrite and shot her mouth off in that Madonna documentary. And she IS a nobody now that has to mention Madonna's name to get press - despite having contradicted herself before.

As for equality, to quote Orwell some fans are more equal than others :angel:

I don't mean YOU dear

I was specifically talking about Danny86 who continually agitates people and expresses a hostile cunty know-it-all attitude as if he was a walking Madonna Encyclopedia (he ISN'T, I AM, Pud is, Scrappy is, Mattress is, Suedey is, acko is, HolidayGuy is, nothingfails is, carta is etc :angel:;) ) towards other fans who DARE express an OPINION different to his, when he wasn't even in diapers when he was barely a glint in his mothers eye when True Blue came out. :lmao:

I have no problem with younger fans at all - more power to them and all - but they should not have the cheek to CONDESCEND fans who are coming at it with a completely different angle with regards to her work.

Revisionist Madonna fans - uh uh. There can be no such thing.

Well yes, when you put it like that you have a point. I think the real problem lies when fans of all ages think they ARE Madonna or at least feel the need to defend every last move down to the cheek enhancement and the frills on a pair of wierd sports bloomers.

Well precisely and I never suggested otherwise, but I think Pud to some extent was ALSO using hyperbole.

I thought it was very amusing. I like(d) Niki but she IS a hypocrite and shot her mouth off in that Madonna documentary. And she IS a nobody now that has to mention Madonna's name to get press - despite having contradicted herself before.

As for equality, to quote Orwell some fans are more equal than others :angel:

And then I went and contradicted MYSELF by going and calling Little Jesus Luz a cunt in another thread. But I do feel that is richly deserved. Nikki's chapter in Madonna's history is long and glorious, and Jesus' is (one hopes) but a short and unremarkable footnote.

I really have no strong opinion about Niki one way or the other. I don't know enough about her as a person. But I think it's a little unfair when people say she's using Madonna's name to get press. When Niki does interviews to promote her music, they are going to ask her about Madonna because everyone knows they worked together for many years. She can't really say I'm not going to talk about Madonna. It's not like she brings Madonna up. People are asking her about Madonna.

I think her giving her opinion about Madonna is a little different than just random celebrities slamming Madonna to get attention, because she did know Madonna personally and they worked closely together unlike Boy George or whoever who just randomly slams Madonna to get press.

I don't mean YOU dear

I was specifically talking about Danny86 who continually agitates people and expresses a hostile cunty know-it-all attitude as if he was a walking Madonna Encyclopedia (he ISN'T, I AM, Pud is, Scrappy is, Mattress is, Suedey is, acko is, HolidayGuy is, nothingfails is, carta is etc :angel:;) ) towards other fans who DARE express an OPINION different to his, when he was barely a glint in his mothers eye when True Blue came out. :lmao:

Danny86 takes this forum more seriously than even Svperstar. And takes Madonna more seriously than even Madonna herself (then again so does Carta). But every forum has someone like that. Not much we can do.

Love you Danny.