Niki Harris: "Madonna is a gem"

Flip The Switch

I gotta teach these girls some fucking manners...these girls ain't got no fucking class...

The best Blond Ambition speech EVER...

19 fucks live on Radio 1 and the immortal line...

"Watch it or you'll be signing backup for Belinda for the rest of your life and she don't let you keep the costumes...alright"

Guest Danny86

She did? I thought she considered it one of her most embarrassing songs?

I guess everyone can change their mind.

:lol: It was the same interview! She said something like she feels retarded while singing it, but thanked Stephen Bray for its killer baseline.

Yeah, all the success of ROL was due to NRM and Patrick Leonard. :chuckle:

Frozen is written by Patrick Leonard and a big part of the success of ROL was due to that killer first single.

Madonna's best songs are the ones composed by Pat and Stephen. And anybody saying that listening to Celebration and finding Stephen's songs dated has either to clean his ears or take a pill for a severe case of dilusion. Into The Groove, for example, is still powerful. You just have to listen to Dannii's mix from Don¡t Wanna Lose this Feeling or Into the Hollywood Groove. A mediocre song like Hollywood is instantly a superb song when Into The Groove starts.

And whoever thinks that Papa Don't Preach was bad produced or Express Yourself bad written and produced then... Those guys knew how to write songs and Pat showed his skills in ROL, Madonna's last album that included real songs. I like AL and Confessions a lot, but they are weak compared to ROL, because they don't have real songs.

Just because Madonna and Stephen or her and Pat wrote good songs in the past, it doesn't follow that if they got together now the songs would be equally as good. People change and grow apart. Look at all the old bands that break up and then reunite to do a new album. It's rarely as good as the old stuff.

It's like asking someone to go back to an ex-boyfriend. I understand people don't like Celebration or Hard Candy and I don't either, but I really don't think the answer is for her to go back to Pat and Stephen. It's like saying because your current relationship isn't working, you should bet back together with an ex-boyfriend.

Guest chatty kathy

Just because Madonna and Stephen or her and Pat wrote good songs in the past, it doesn't follow that if they got together now the songs would be equally as good. People change and grow apart. Look at all the old bands that break up and then reunite to do a new album. It's rarely as good as the old stuff.

It's like asking someone to go back to an ex-boyfriend. I understand people don't like Celebration or Hard Candy and I don't either, but I really don't think the answer is for her to go back to Pat and Stephen. It's like saying because your current relationship isn't working, you should get back together with an ex-boyfriend.

Excellent points G! As you probably know I'm on of those who want her to collaborate again w/either Bray or Pat.

Better yet how about both?

But you just started me rethinking that strategy.

And I think you just helped me change my mind!

You're so right! It's been a while since they worked together.

And that doesn't mean they'd necessarily see the success they enjoyed together in the past.

It's like asking someone to go back to an ex-boyfriend. I understand people don't like Celebration or Hard Candy and I don't either, but I really don't think the answer is for her to go back to Pat and Stephen. It's like saying because your current relationship isn't working, you should bet back together with an ex-boyfriend.

Voice of reason.

Stephen Bray had basically one sound that was brilliant but belongs in the 80's. Pat Leonard probably still has more to give and I don't think Madonna has written him off either, he just hasn't fit in on recent projects (could have been the person to sort out American Life, though, IMO).

I love how she asks 'what publication is this for?' :lmao:

Like she's been doing this heavy press junket 4 her..um..club single :doofus:

Or maybe she was just eager cuz some publications hand out buffet coupons. :fag:

Bytch was supposed to play Billie Holiday or some shyt in a movie with Bruce Willis back in the day. Or so she said. :rotfl:

Love her though.

PERSONALLY, I wish Madonna had used more of GRAMMY WINNING Queen Lisa Fischer. She can sing circles round Niki H and is a total hot bytch

I also loved POOR SIEDAH making a shock return on Reinvention

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

shes disgusting, shes nothing and she knows it. and if she doesnt, i will remind her everytime i see her.

because shes absolutely a disgusting human.

:rotfl:

#1 Her royal bitchyness did not fallout over 9/11 with miss Harris. But there was however a rumour that 9/11 had something

2 do with Liz Rozenberg resigning (temporarily) from camp Madonna.

I don't recall exactly how many LA dates Madonna did after September 11, 2001 -- I have a fuzzy recollection that one may have been re-scheduled? But there were maybe two done after, I think. And didn't she donate the proceeds of those concerts to a fund for the victims' families? I don't see how you could really be mad at Madonna over that. Listen, it was a horrible day in history. But despite the huge disruption, some routines still continued. It was a Tuesday and the first day that was a change in the routine was Friday, because it was a national day of prayer. Madonna chose to continue on, too -- in a show that affirmed life and celebrated life. (Didn't she even famously change the moment of violence in her show? She didn't shoot that dancer after ripping off her wig at the end of "Sky Fits Heaven," I think it was reported.) She made several good statements, too, at the concerts (again, from fan reports). It was an awful day with a lot of confusion and fear, and the days that followed were a struggle. So I don't think it was inappropriate to finish out the tour. This is really the first time I've heard it suggested they fell out over post-9/11 decisions. (Hadn't heard it about Liz, either -- though I do remember she did take a break from Camp Madonna for a while.)

Guest Pud Whacker

just close this thread. her name should never be mentioned - shes a bottom dwelling cat fish. someone should batter and fry her big fat ass up in the pan. disgusting. no dignity. yet she will go on, acting all dignified and shyt, and talk about how she disapproved of being in the like a prayer video 100 years after the fact for a neck bone pay check. makes me sick. im from detroit, too, oh, uh huh, right - yeah mmmhmmm. a burning cross means something different to me. well, you went on tour with her 6 months later, reaping the benefits of that video - you hypocritical ho.

just close this thread. her name should never be mentioned - shes a bottom dwelling cat fish. someone should batter and fry her big fat ass up in the pan. disgusting. no dignity. yet she will go on, acting all dignified and shyt, and talk about how she disapproved of being in the like a prayer video 100 years after the fact for a neck bone pay check. makes me sick. im from detroit, too, oh, uh huh, right - yeah mmmhmmm. a burning cross means something different to me. well, you went on tour with her 6 months later, reaping the benefits of that video - you hypocritical ho.

Yes, I remember that

Dumb bytch

They should have REMOVED her vocal and got a REAL SINGER like the luscious Lisa Fischer to do it :wow:

I DID read though that Niki Bacon inspired the idea for Express Yourself - it's in The Rolling Stone Files in the US Magazine Article circa 1991, Behind The Madonna Machine or some shyt.

It said that "Pat Leonard hired Donna DeLory to sweeten Madonna's vocals"

Well she certainly was able to double track her I suppose and Madonna commented on their similarity herself, but Donna SOLO is shyt and she sounds like bad Cyndi Lauper meets Belinda Carlisle. I preferred "Praying For Love" to "Just A Dream" oddly.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes, I remember that

Dumb bytch

They should have REMOVED her vocal and got a REAL SINGER like the luscious Lisa Fischer to do it :wow:

shes so tried. oh and remember how racist and nasty she was about rabbis being over at madonna's hanging by her pool? i mean who the fuck does this bytch think she is? its madonna's house - if she wants lesbian pygmys with strap ons over there - its her bloody house. oh yeah and her going on about her accent - youre over in london for one day and now youre talking like the queen of england?

i mean it - close this thread. shes the judas of madonnas life - she would sell madonna to death for 5 bucks worth of food stamps.

nikigobblegobble6gj-1.jpg

shes so tried. oh and remember how racist and nasty she was about rabbis being over at madonna's hanging by her pool? i mean who the fuck does this bytch think she is? its madonna's house - if she wants lesbian pygmys with strap ons over there - its her bloody house. oh yeah and her going on about her accent - youre over in london for one day and now youre talking like the queen of england?

:lmao:

Madonna DID do an impression of the Queen of England when she was over there for one day in that Brit Awards speech, with Guy Ritchie. It wasn't a PATCH on her impersonation of Lady Di on SNL of course :wow:

I gotta teach these girls some fucking manners...these girls ain't got no fucking class...

The best Blond Ambition speech EVER...

19 fucks live on Radio 1 and the immortal line...

"Watch it or you'll be signing backup for Belinda for the rest of your life and she don't let you keep the costumes...alright"

I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!!!!

I don't recall exactly how many LA dates Madonna did after September 11, 2001 -- I have a fuzzy recollection that one may have been re-scheduled? But there were maybe two done after, I think. And didn't she donate the proceeds of those concerts to a fund for the victims' families? I don't see how you could really be mad at Madonna over that. Listen, it was a horrible day in history. But despite the huge disruption, some routines still continued. It was a Tuesday and the first day that was a change in the routine was Friday, because it was a national day of prayer. Madonna chose to continue on, too -- in a show that affirmed life and celebrated life. (Didn't she even famously change the moment of violence in her show? She didn't shoot that dancer after ripping off her wig at the end of "Sky Fits Heaven," I think it was reported.) She made several good statements, too, at the concerts (again, from fan reports). It was an awful day with a lot of confusion and fear, and the days that followed were a struggle. So I don't think it was inappropriate to finish out the tour. This is really the first time I've heard it suggested they fell out over post-9/11 decisions. (Hadn't heard it about Liz, either -- though I do remember she did take a break from Camp Madonna for a while.)

The rumor was Liz didn't think Madonna should have done the post 9/11 shows but Liz denied that. If I had to guess I'd say Liz was afraid Madonna was gonna say something controvercial about 9/11 and didn't want to be in the middle of that storm.

Bytch was supposed to play Billie Holiday or some shyt in a movie with Bruce Willis back in the day. Or so she said. :rotfl:

Love her though.

PERSONALLY, I wish Madonna had used more of GRAMMY WINNING Queen Lisa Fischer. She can sing circles round Niki H and is a total hot bytch

I also loved POOR SIEDAH making a shock return on Reinvention

Lisa Fischer is THE SHIT! PRAISE! PRAISE! I've been in love w/that ho since I can remember. She's the one who's gone on tour w/the Stones since I believe the late-80's. Her onstage back and forth w/Mick on "Gimme Shelter" is EPIC every single time!

Guest Danny86

Frozen is written by Patrick Leonard and a big part of the success of ROL was due to that killer first single.

Madonna's best songs are the ones composed by Pat and Stephen. And anybody saying that listening to Celebration and finding Stephen's songs dated has either to clean his ears or take a pill for a severe case of dilusion. Into The Groove, for example, is still powerful. You just have to listen to Dannii's mix from Don¡t Wanna Lose this Feeling or Into the Hollywood Groove. A mediocre song like Hollywood is instantly a superb song when Into The Groove starts.

And whoever thinks that Papa Don't Preach was bad produced or Express Yourself bad written and produced then... Those guys knew how to write songs and Pat showed his skills in ROL, Madonna's last album that included real songs. I like AL and Confessions a lot, but they are weak compared to ROL, because they don't have real songs.

What kinda BS is that? Are you intentionally trying to emulate such members as waiting or fak? I think we get it you're stuck in the 80s, but most people - Madonna included - have moved on.

"Frozen" wouldn't have been as big as it was, had it not been Madonna's new vocals and Orbit's production. Also, all the critical acclaim, awards and hype was due to the ROL single/video which has nothing to do with Patrick Leonard. Most people don't remember Pat wrote 4 out of 13 songs on that album.

PDP was not written by Stephen Bray, he just played the guitar and conducted the other musicians. That's hardly a "sound".

Otherwise Glinda said it best! :thumbsup: