Latest Rumors Regarding the Next Tour

Ugly Hecty

I feel sorry for Oz as she was always one of their biggest markets by population ratio. Only the UK, Finland, Italy, Canada and Spain would be rivals I'd say.

But there's other countries she still hasn't played. If she does Oz, then why not play New Zealand.

She has CONTINUALLY snubbed Scotland even though she also said she'd play there, despite ALWAYS playing England (she seems to think London IS the UK), and has played Ireland and even fucking WALES to add insult to injury.

My family are in England, but it is still VERY FUCKING EXPENSIVE to travel down there and book hotels. Last time I went down to see her there was that big Heathrow liquid bomb terrorism scare of course. And I was held up for hours, just my luck. :manson:

Dyuring SS tour, shw went wherever she had an offer too. Scotland should have called her crew, offer her 3 million euro and she would have showed her crotch there. It's not her not wanting, but Scottish promoters who don't give a damn.

No it isn't that I don't think.

ALL the biggest US superstars from Jacko onwards have played Scotland at some point. Except her.

She was SUPPOSED to play here since possibly Drowned World, and each time that vile jingoistic complaining Tartan rag The Daily Record announced she would, building up my hopes and jinxed it.

What I would say is the LACK of suitable venues, cause her team have mulled it over before.

National Stadium Hampden (which used to hold the record for biggest crowd capacity of the UK which still hasn't been surpassed before they modernised it for safety) is a very dated SHITHOLE which is very difficult to get out of. I only saw Robbie Williams there (don't ask, I was dragged along) but nightmare isn't the word.

All the biggest stars play there, but it is located next to housing and unlike Wembley not too near an underground or train station, I had to walk through half of Glasgow to get home as it was so blocked with slow moving traffic. I love Wembley Park underground.

Although there is THAT - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Florida_railway_station

But it's still a helluva walk

Guest Lovely bitch

On the road again in 2011

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour drummer Brian Frasier-Moore was recently interviewed at the NAMM 2010 conference. He was asked what his he had been up to lately, his reply:

I just finished Madonna's tour, I was out with her for a year and six months. Starting up with Christina (Aguilera) in February and then back to Madonna again at the top of 2011.

No it isn't that I don't think.

ALL the biggest US superstars from Jacko onwards have played Scotland at some point. Except her.

She was SUPPOSED to play here since possibly Drowned World, and each time that vile jingoistic complaining Tartan rag The Daily Record announced she would, building up my hopes and jinxed it.

What I would say is the LACK of suitable venues, cause her team have mulled it over before.

National Stadium Hampden (which used to hold the biggest capacity of the UK) is a very dated SHITHOLE which is very difficult to get out of. All the biggest stars play there, but it is located next to housing and unlike Wembley not too near an underground. I love Wembley Park underground.

In my town she performed in the middle of the dessert, with horrible traffic jams to see her and no conditions at all. But that was because the City Hall was the promoter and got the place ready. But if she plays in a wasteland surrounded by dessert landscapes, she can play in Scotland too. It's a pity your city halls don't involve in music and don't bring the music stars themselves.

On the road again in 2011

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour drummer Brian Frasier-Moore was recently interviewed at the NAMM 2010 conference. He was asked what his he had been up to lately, his reply:

I just finished Madonna's tour, I was out with her for a year and six months. Starting up with Christina (Aguilera) in February and then back to Madonna again at the top of 2011.

hahahahaha

Though I shouldn't really complain compared to the Aussies as I'm only an hour flight and 5 hour train ride away from London and less for Manchester. But it's nice to see her locally with your home crowd and the Scottish audiences are legendary.

I'm glad she's not touring this summer.I want her to finish the new album in time for a fall release.There is plenty of time to tour in 2011,but right now,let's get the album finished.

In my town she performed in the middle of the dessert, with horrible traffic jams to see her and no conditions at all. But that was because the City Hall was the promoter and got the place ready. But if she plays in a wasteland surrounded by dessert landscapes, she can play in Scotland too.

:rotfl::lmao:

Some would say there was little difference

Yeah, there are plenty of venues here. Royal Concert Hall does orchestral music and cult acts. Glasgow is VERY rich in culture but perhaps not as much as Edinburgh which has better theatre and the snooty designer stores and is full of tourists and English people.

Scotland is no Espagna, of course. And I MUCH prefer the European French/Latinos etc for looks.

Javier Bardem :drool:

I've told acko I wish I was a polyglot Eurotrekking stud like him :fag:

Those prices are seriously fucked.

Australia is the only OECD country not to go into a technical recession, still maintain a low single figure unemployment rate, and incur a measly 15% Debt of GDP - but that doesn't mean average fans could, or would be, willingly to pay those prices. Even in better economic times it would be outrageous.

I'm glad she's not touring this summer.I want her to finish the new album in time for a fall release.There is plenty of time to tour in 2011,but right now,let's get the album finished.

Agreed. I still believe the drummer - a 2011 tour makes sense. I am still curious to see when the album will come out.

Spaniards should emigrate to Australia. There's so much unemployment here and such a hard economy situation that i think this country is going to explode itself and disappear under the Mediterranean sea, just to get the money from the insurance.

She wasn't going to tour this summer in the first place, but at the end of the year (summer in OZ and Latin America). And I'm still convinced she's going on tour at the end of the year with a new album (and with no tv promo).

She wasn't going to tour this summer in the first place, but at the end of the year (summer in OZ and Latin America). And I'm still convinced she's going on tour at the end of the year with a new album (and with no tv promo).

There were two rumours today - one about early 2011 and the other about an Australian tour in July of this year (four months away).

There were two rumours today - one about early 2011 and the other about an Australian tour in July of this year (four months away).

But those are bullshit of course. The REAL rumour has been around since last summer while she was on tour from people working WITH HER.

so many conflicting rumors,lol.

My **guess** is that she IS planning a tour,but it won't take place until 2011.A new album will be released by the end of this year (most likely,the fall).

It would be silly for her to go out on tour without a new album.A "greatest hits tour" just isn't her style.

A few points - summer officially starts in Australia on December 1st (not December 21st) - all of our seasons officially start on the 1st of the month (we finished summer on Sunday and started autumn on Monday) :)

The prices are definitely insane, although the venues she would have been playing are tiny (for example, Whitney Houston's sell out figure for Brisbane last week was around 7 700, although the promoter said that they had 9500 there (even though it didn't officially sell out, which is odd). The venues in Sydney and Melbourne probably hold around 12k each. All of the major artists play outdoor stadiums, which seat well over 40k, so to have Madonna in a 10k venue on her first tour in nearly 17 years would be quite a coup for the promoters. In any case, Guy has already denied the tour rumours. Undercover and auspOp have been duped this time, which is pretty much a first for both of them, since they're really careful about what they publish. Why Molly Meldrum would comment on a rumour like this, though, I don't know.

Incidentally, the negative press has already started about ticket prices etc. This a rumour that will damage her reputation here, especially when it's announced that she's not coming after all. Also, the Undercover story mentions "Ultimate" tickets and "Penultimate" tickets, but says that "penultimate" is better than "ultimate", which is linguistically incorrect (it's like saying that someone is doing their last show, followed by their second last show, since "penultimate" means "second last"!).

But those are bullshit of course. The REAL rumour has been around since last summer while she was on tour from people working WITH HER.

You've contradicted yourself, though. How can today's rumour about her touring early next year be false (even though it came from her drummer), but the REAL rumour about her touring early next year is true...??!!

You've contradicted yourself, though. How can today's rumour about her touring early next year be false (even though it came from her drummer), but the REAL rumour about her touring early next year is true...??!!

The bullshit rumour is the one for the JULY 2010 TOUR. I believe the drummer of course.

The drummer already recanted his story and said it was just wishfully thinking on his part.

Monte P also on Twitter said the rumors if a tour were false he went on to confirm M is doing the movie!

the drummer recanted his story? This gets more interesting by the minute :)

I think the one thing we can be sure of is....there WILL be a tour,but not before 2011.

Same old shit - complaints about the ticket price and the ''why doesn't she come to my city/country/region?'' moaning! She's been charging US$300 or more (she charged more than $500 for the Japan dates on Confession tour) everywhere for the past few tours. She's not a super human. She can't visit every market and of course, she won't skip the major cities/countries. Why do you think she tours this many times? MONEY! Singers/bands/record labels don't make money out of promoting singles/albums, selling them or downloads. Whose fault is that? New technologies and every one of us who uses them. The music industry is in a completely different state now.

Anyway, if she tours soon or not, we'll see.

Edited by Sphere74

Guest dicktracy

PEOPLE! A Summer tour in Australia would happen after December 2010. It's Summer there right now. There is enough time for it. She most likely will record an album and get the preproduction of her movie done during this Northern Hemisphere Summer. She obviously will tour in 2011, if it's in the beginning of the year (Australia) or not is what we don't know. There was only 1 year gap between RIT, CT and S&S.

Since he's the drummer, perhaps this story can't be that far from being true. Maybe they just don't want to split the beans before any official announcement?

I'm sure of it. Of course the drummer was contacted by Guy about the whole thing and now he changed his version :lmao: