VOGUE/I'M BREATHLESS/BLOND AMBITION TOUR: 20th Anniversary Thread

Mattress

This is the only onw song with the potential of making the whole people scream, dance, jump during a concert. No matter if it is mixed with 4 minutes, Holiday, dear Jessie, lucky star, with ring ring rings and tik tok tik tok tik toks every 5 seconds, still woulod be the highlight of the show.

It was for me on her S&S

BTW this is the very first album I owned of hers. And I didn't even wanted the CD I ask my father for the vinyl. After I saw the Blonde Ambition on TV, all I wanted to do was VOGUING.

Guest Drowned Bedtime

RIT Mash-Up with Beast Within :clap:

Sticky and Sweet Mash-up and the SWAGGER, STRUT AND WEIRD DANCE SHE DANCE AT THE START :boxing:

THE Madonna era, possibly. Like a Prayer coming to a close, "Vogue," Blond Ambition Tour, Dick Tracy/Breathless, and then The Immaculate Collection and the "Justify My Love" ruckus at the end of the year.

Mattress, I too love that look- oh, the bosoms.

This was *the* song for me -- the one where I totally became a Madonna fan. (I turned 10 in summer of 1990, when I remember being crazy for this song.) My mom took me to the record store to get the cassette tape -- but after she saw the single cover, she decided it would be better for me to get the ALBUM! :lol: I now look back and wonder whether she thought that was a wise decision or not (after hearing "Hanky Panky" and the remix of "Now I'm Following You" with the whole, "Dick, that's an interesting name..." etc.) I mean, I think I can vaguely remember songs like "Material Girl" but it's not a vivid memory for me, as "Vogue" is. It is her iconic moment and her peak, I can tell that now easily from this side of it. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. (Can't believe it lost out to MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This for either best dance video or best choreography at the VMAs that year...)

Why wasn't there a proper session taken of her wearing this?

1990_dt01.jpg

I think this isn't even in the movie anymore! I watched the DVD a couple of years back and don't recall seeing this. If anything, they cropped in tighter on Al Pacino -- or else obscured her in shadow. It's really rare to see the full costume (as you can here), I think... I might be wrong, though.

I love the shot of her in the silver dress (the one she wore to perform "More") where she's leaning on the car. It was on, like, four panels fold-out in the cassette. (It's also a very bosomy shot!)

THE Madonna era, possibly. Like a Prayer coming to a close, "Vogue," Blond Ambition Tour, Dick Tracy/Breathless, and then The Immaculate Collection and the "Justify My Love" ruckus at the end of the year.

Mattress, I too love that look- oh, the bosoms.

:inlove:

I demand a HolidayGuy ACCLAIM-a-thon pertaining to this era, beginning with "Vogue".

Guest Pud Whacker

This was *the* song for me -- the one where I totally became a Madonna fan. (I turned 10 in summer of 1990, when I remember being crazy for this song.) My mom took me to the record store to get the cassette tape -- but after she saw the single cover, she decided it would be better for me to get the ALBUM! :lol: I now look back and wonder whether she thought that was a wise decision or not (after hearing "Hanky Panky" and the remix of "Now I'm Following You" with the whole, "Dick, that's an interesting name..." etc.) I mean, I think I can vaguely remember songs like "Material Girl" but it's not a vivid memory for me, as "Vogue" is. It is her iconic moment and her peak, I can tell that now easily from this side of it. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. (Can't believe it lost out to MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This for either best dance video or best choreography at the VMAs that year...)

I think this isn't even in the movie anymore! I watched the DVD a couple of years back and don't recall seeing this. If anything, they cropped in tighter on Al Pacino -- or else obscured her in shadow. It's really rare to see the full costume (as you can here), I think... I might be wrong, though.

I love the shot of her in the silver dress (the one she wore to perform "More") where she's leaning on the car. It was on, like, four panels fold-out in the cassette. (It's also a very bosomy shot!)

1990_dt01.jpg

before the film came out - the scene in which this comes - that tighter crop youre talking about was in the tv commercials (i think she says, that dick tracy really drives you crazy...)- so when i went to see the film i was WAITING for this outfit - never came. i have so many issues with warren beatty. hes so jaded on so many levels.

1990_dt01.jpg

before the film came out - the scene in which this comes - that tighter crop youre talking about was in the tv commercials (i think she says, that dick tracy really drives you crazy...)- so when i went to see the film i was WAITING for this outfit - never came. i have so many issues with warren beatty. hes so jaded on so many levels.

Ah! That makes sense... I knew I'd kinda/sorta seen it somewhere -- it must have been in a commercial (like you saw).

I wonder if they'll ever release a DVD with proper bonus materials (deleted scenes, commentary, etc.).

^ Mattress -- that quote from Truth or Dare... what/who is she talking about?! I've never quite picked up on that (though I know she says that thing about the raincoat). (Hope this doesn't qualify me as a complete flop fan...)

Guest Pud Whacker

Ah! That makes sense... I knew I'd kinda/sorta seen it somewhere -- it must have been in a commercial (like you saw).

I wonder if they'll ever release a DVD with proper bonus materials (deleted scenes, commentary, etc.).

it wont because warren beatty is the worst. he slaughtered her musical scenes, he wants to shine over everyone in every movie he does. hes tired.

Guest Pud Whacker

^ Mattress -- that quote from Truth or Dare... what/who is she talking about?! I've never quite picked up on that (though I know she says that thing about the raincoat). (Hope this doesn't qualify me as a complete flop fan...)

edie sedgwick.