VOGUE/I'M BREATHLESS/BLOND AMBITION TOUR: 20th Anniversary Thread

Mattress

I'm DREADING 12:00 :(

This month should be for Blond Ambition, she started the tour in April of '90! :madonna2::madonna2:

Guest edsalas

I'm DREADING 12:00 :(

This month should be for Blond Ambition, she started the tour in April of '90! :madonna2::madonna2:

Also American Life (April 22) and the Virgin Tour started in April, too, (April 10), the release of Angel single (April 10), Spotlight single in Japan (April 25), What It Feels Like For A Girl single (April 17), American Life single (April 8).

• 2 weeks later...

I've combined BA into this thread. Entertainment Weekly has a "20 Years Ago This Week..." feature, as it is celebrating its 20th anniversary. In Living Color's debut is the main article, but there is an item about the Blond Ambition Tour at the bottom of the page (with a pic of M posing in her cone-bra ensemble)

Madonna Launches Blond Ambition Tour in Japan

Madonna's epic Blond Ambition World Tour-designed to promote both her Like a Prayer album and the Dick Tracy soundtrack I'm Breathless-is remembered for two things: controversy and cone bras. The concerts, featuring Catholic symbolism juxtaposed against masturbation, inspired calls for a boycott. And those undergarments? The iconic conical Jean Paul Gaultier brassiere (and accompanying ponytail extensions) soon became a Madonna fashion trademark. Of course, it was just one example of Blond Ambition's memorable style-the Material Girl transformed her look 16 times during the show. As Vincent Patterson, the tour's choreographer and codirector, explained to EW at the time, "Madonna told me to break every rule I could think of." Mission accomplished.- Tanner Stransky

Such a part of our lives.

I was just a young lad from the midlands in the UK writing vogue on my school books because i read it was her new song. I remember the lad next to me asked what it as like and i said 'I dont know,its not out, I havent heard it yet' haha.

I went to Florida on a school trip (problems at home, they sent me away for a few weeks) (years before we had cable or satellite back home). In our hotel we all had MTV on and a couple of the girls thought it was for Madonna TV! She was on constantly.

Then it happened, they showed Madonna rehearsing for vogue. They said she was going on tour. I couldnt breathe. All I wanted to do was to get home to make sure I got tickets. Fuck disneyworld. Fuck the sunshine. Fuck the Kennedy space centre.

I got home and I said 'mum..madonnas coming...mum madonnas coming... mum!!! dont you realise madonnas coming???' Then she got out 2 tickets for Wembley.

Just amazing that she took notice and understood becasue she wasnt well, had a stroke and couldnt walk or talk properly at the time but she managed to notice on tv and somehow ring the box office and get tickets while I was away. I always doubted my parents for not caring, fussing aound my mum for being poorly and I felt left out. I think thats why my dreamworld was Madonna in those days (and to some extent still is) but god bless you mum. You made a young boys dream come true. Vogue made a young boys dream come true. Vogue made a very dismal time in my life somehow an exciting time. If only M knew.

Such a part of our lives.

I was just a young lad from the midlands in the UK writing vogue on my school books because i read it was her new song. I remember the lad next to me asked what it as like and i said 'I dont know,its not out, I havent heard it yet' haha.

I went to Florida on a school trip (problems at home, they sent me away for a few weeks) (years before we had cable or satellite back home). In our hotel we all had MTV on and a couple of the girls thought it was for Madonna TV! She was on constantly.

Then it happened, they showed Madonna rehearsing for vogue. They said she was going on tour. I couldnt breathe. All I wanted to do was to get home to make sure I got tickets. Fuck disneyworld. Fuck the sunshine. Fuck the Kennedy space centre.

I got home and I said 'mum..madonnas coming...mum madonnas coming... mum!!! dont you realise madonnas coming???' Then she got out 2 tickets for Wembley.

Just amazing that she took notice and understood becasue she wasnt well, had a stroke and couldnt walk or talk properly at the time but she managed to notice on tv and somehow ring the box office and get tickets while I was away. I always doubted my parents for not caring, fussing aound my mum for being poorly and I felt left out. I think thats why my dreamworld was Madonna in those days (and to some extent still is) but god bless you mum. You made a young boys dream come true. Vogue made a young boys dream come true. Vogue made a very dismal time in my life somehow an exciting time. If only M knew.

That's a sweet story! :inlove:

Not sure exactly how old you were back then, but you're parents must've been pretty cool to let you go see Madonna. She was the worst nightmare of some parents back in those days. :lol:

maybe we can hope for a blu ray now :wow:

(from Wikipedia, about Truth or Dare): "In March 2009, a new HD master of the film premiered on Palladia HD (MTV's new name). It included the new Miramax logo at the beginning of the film, meaning that the rights have reverted to Miramax instead of Lionsgate and MGM. The Blu-ray edition will be released in late 2010 by Lionsgate."

If only it were true... :dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker

I cannot get over that "Nike" clip!! So amazing.

completely!!!

i always remember your vogue outtake signature. xo

Guest groovyguy

"My show is not a conventional rock show, but a theatrical presentation of my music. And like theater, it asks questions, provokes thoughts and takes you on an emotional journey, portraying good and bad, light and dark, joy and sorrow, redemption and salvation. I do not endorse a way of life, but describe one, and the audience is left to make its own decisions and judgements. This is what I consider freedom of speach, freedom of exp​ression and freedom of thought. Every night, before I go on stage, I say a prayer, not only that my show will go well, but that the audience will watch it with an open heart and an open mind, and see it as a celebration of love, life and humanity." (From Truth or Dare)

i want the concert film as originally planned..

next year 'truth or dare' 20th anniversary edition : :wow:

disc one : director's cut plus bonus footage

disc two : blond ambition live at bercy plus commentary from madonna, alec and vincent patterson

disc three : a behind the scenes look of monkeys flying out of my butt

disc two : blond ambition live at bercy plus commentary from madonna, alec and vincent patterson

disc three : a behind the scenes look of monkeys flying out of my butt Editors Note: :rotfl:

:dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

disc three : a behind the scenes look of monkeys flying out of my butt

Most likely to be seen. :lmao: