VOGUE/I'M BREATHLESS/BLOND AMBITION TOUR: 20th Anniversary Thread

Mattress

Just like Madge's True Blue album cover strikes a similar lean-back pose to Olivia Newton John's Physical album cover (also courtesy of Herb Ritts). I love Olivia, but Madge's just looks cooler, ya know? :)

Thanks for posting the hair history. No wonder chunks of hair were falling out, with all that punishment. :lol:

In 2000, Dan-O-Rama was given access to unseen footage from several Madonna videos including "Vogue" for use in montage and remix videos for the song "Music". Variations on these were projected behind Madonna during the Music promo tour and on the 2001 Drowned World Tour.

vogueouttakefootage.gif

A few more moments can be seen in Flip The Switch's current avatar:

mini.gif

I would have loved for footage like this to have been included on the Celebration DVD.

In 2000, Dan-O-Rama was given access to unseen footage from several Madonna videos including "Vogue" for use in montage and remix videos for the song "Music". Variations on these were projected behind Madonna during the Music promo tour and on the 2001 Drowned World Tour.

vogueouttakefootage.gif

A few more moments can be seen in Flip The Switch's current avatar:

mini.gif

I would have loved for footage like this to have been included on the Celebration DVD.

:thumbsup:

That was a great year with lots of goodies and remix videos (including Die Another Day, Hollywood, Don't Tell Me and Ray of Light...)

A little love for that other single is in order.

Always loved that cover and always had a little soft spot for Hanky Panky.

Here's the Truth or Dare version, I remember fast forwarding my VHS of In Bed...hoping it an LAP were really there at the end, maybe at the very end. They weren't.

Always loved that cover and always had a little soft spot for Hanky Panky.

Here's the Truth or Dare version, I remember fast forwarding my VHS of In Bed...hoping it an LAP were really there at the end, maybe at the very end. They weren't.

God, I want to see the entire show filmed like this. My partner purchased the Truth Or Dare VHS that actually does have the performances on the end. They're fantastic.

Guest edsalas

My TOD VHS copy said that it contained the performances of Hanky Panky and LAP at the back of the VHS case but Hanky Panky isn't anywhere at sight. I wonder why is that.

71KEND43BRL._SL500_.gif

Though I can't find it on YouTube, the 1997 movie The Real Blonde features a fake Madonna filming a tacky "new" music video. The song used is the Bare Bottom 12" version of "Hanky Panky". :D

The scenario was particularly unrealistic and odd having been released in the wake of post-Evita Madonna.

Does anyone know the date "Vogue" went #1? I kind of feel compelled to email Entertainment Weekly and tell them they need to feature "Vogue" in the appropriate upcoming issue for their "20 years ago this week..." spotlight.

^ Oh, thank you! I honestly have read the whole thread from the beginning, but I couldn't remember if the exact date was anywhere earlier... Thanks for enabling my laziness, though!

I really wish they'd do it, because they just recently did Sinead O'Connor and "Nothing Compares 2 U" -- but somehow I have a sneaking suspicion they won't. They have taken a very negative stance toward Madonna lately. Not sure why or exactly when. They've always written some negative stuff in small bites and pieces, but their music editors are very dismissive of her more now than ever. And the 'mistake' of printing the wrong grade in their review of Celebration is ridiculous (anything less than an "A" for Celebration is quite obviously WRONG!). They didn't even print a correction -- they just put it on their website.

Anyway, rant about Entertainment Weekly over. Back to acclaiming VOGUE! :):vogue::wow:

Guest chatty kathy

I've been trying to keep up on this wonderful thread.

I apologize if you or someone else has already posted on this mattress.

A great issue of 'Entertainment Weekly" during this era.

What's nice about this is it makes the article so easy to read.

1_53.jpg 2_19.jpg 3_11.jpg 4_16.jpg 5_2.jpg 6_2.jpg 7_3.jpg 8_11.jpg 9_3.jpg 10_13.jpg

Guest chatty kathy

I apologize if you or someone else has already posted this mattress.

1_53.jpg 2_19.jpg 3_11.jpg 4_16.jpg 5_2.jpg 6_2.jpg 7_3.jpg 8_11.jpg 9_3.jpg 10_13.jpg

I apologize if you or someone else has already posted this mattress.

The article retyped was posted earlier... actual scans are so much better! :vogue:

As I said earlier, it was beyond exciting to find that in my mailbox in 1990.

0.jpg

"To a roomful of people that I admire...

that I appreciate...

that I adore...

that I love...

and that I would all separately at one time or another...

like to smack the shit out of.

Anyway, cheers.

To fashion... To love... To l'amour."

A mere DAY left of VOGUE month. :(

though to me EVERY day is fucking Vogue month. :thumbsup:

This clip is surreal with all the historical buildings surrounding the stage!

I absolutely love it! Wouldn't it be great seeing Madonna perform in front of/around a palace?

the first time i heard VOGUE......i was working in a drug store part time...

the song came on through the store radio system....i was blown away

by the sheer brilliance of it. I thought it was the new HOLIDAY.