What was the last Madonna album that lived up to your expectation?

johnnox

For me, it was Confessions, a solid, brilliant pop album.

Before that, Music.

Ray of Light didn;t live up any expectations because I expected nothing from it. After Bedtime Stories, I presumed I'd be disappointed by the next album, so my expectations were low.

And then she came up with a work of genius.

It made me excited about Music and that didn;t disappoint either.

Guest Borderline

The last album that lived up to my expectation was Music. Although, that's not to say that I hated all albums since then, they were just not what was expected, and took sometime to accept. I have never actually been disappointed with Madonna's output, sometimes it just takes me longer to accept what she's done.

With Hard Candy I was expecting a cool album title and cover that rivaled Confessions. that was my only disappointment. however , musically Hard Candy met my expectations :thumbsup:

Guest Borderline

I enjoy Hard Candy, but, I found I shelved it much quicker than other Madonna albums after release. When Confessions came out, it was a permanent fixture in my stereo - and was there for over a year or so. After about 2 months or so of Hard Candy, I found it had worn it's welcome. But, I do like popping it on now and again. It's enjoyable, but, in small doses I think. It gets really mundane and boring on repeat listens.

It's hard for me to answer this question because even the albums I didn't like as much, had their strengths and I appreciated her artistry in some way. Each of them have lived up to some expectation I wasn't expecting at the time which has always been cool. Nothing has disappointed me. Even albums I may not have liked as much, I ended up liking later. But, if we're talking just musically, that would be the Confession and American Life albums. And yet, my all time favorite dance single is MUSIC off the Music album! See why this is so hard? "Artistically"...that would be the Ray Of Light album!

Ever since I became a Madonna fan from 1990 to present, all of her albums have been master pieces to me, I expect good work and she accomplished.

(She has disappointed me only with her movies tho.)

Ray of Light didn;t live up any expectations because I expected nothing from it. After Bedtime Stories, I presumed I'd be disappointed by the next album, so my expectations were low.

And then she came up with a work of genius.

Perhaps so will do her next album... I mean I expect nothing from Guetta.

Hard Candy...for many reasons, among them these:

Beat goes on...damn great vibe and beat(damn pitty was not released as a single)

She's not me...great lyrics and great tune(damn it never being a single!)

Heartbeat...sweet and rythmic

Miles away...adore it

Voices...haunting, although it's similarity with thief of hearts, which is one of my all time faves from her

Devil wouldn't recognize you...so sweet and mysterious and would have been wonderful on AC radio

Incredible...first didn't like it, but then i grew up on it...now i love it!

the other tracks are fine as well

Ever since I became a Madonna fan from 1990 to present, all of her albums have been master pieces to me, I expect good work and she accomplished.

(She has disappointed me only with her movies tho.)

Me too...I actually never put my expectations high on her, there's no point for it...and luckily, i have always enjoyed her music, but i do can say i listen to some albums more than others.

All of her albums lived up to my lofty expectations. She's never released a bad album, so I've never been let down.

I agree. There are certain songs I may hate on albums, but I love each one of her overall albums. I expected a good fun Pop album with R&B influences from Hard Candy and that's what I heard. I expected some cute, decent tracks from the new Celebration songs and I got that (I think they're fine and they can hold me over until the next album).