Which Madonna songs are too short?

johnnox

If you could play God and extend any Madonna songs, which ones would they be?

I was listening to La Isla Bonita on the train this morning and thought it should have had another couple of minutes on it.

So I'm saying

La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer

Erotica

Most of her singles always have extended versions/mixes though, I believe. Just listen to those instead. :p

The first two to me that come to mind are "Die Another Day" & "Impressive Instant" - I love them so much, I never want them to end. :D "DAD", as much as I love it, feels quite rushed at times.

La Isla Bonita 12" version was awful - its stopped and started too much, it wasn;t long enough.

Like A Prayer 12" would have been perfect had they not got rid of the first verse.

And Erotica is so brilliantly produced with so many subtle layers, I'd have loved to have it to have gone on for a couple more mins.

Most of her singles always have extended versions/mixes though, I believe. Just listen to those instead. :p

The first two to me that come to mind are "Die Another Day" & "Impressive Instant" - I love them so much, I never want them to end. :D "DAD", as much as I love it, feels quite rushed at times.

I never liked DAD much, but I agree with Impressive Instant - an awesome track.

Guest bluejean

I actually don't like songs dragging on too much. I usually prefer to listen to the single edits. Unless it's something badly chopped up like Ray Of Light or an epic like 'Like A Prayer.' Or a song faded out awkwardly like 'Like A Virgin' on Immaculate.

Bad Girl, that is much, much better extended than the original. The album version lacks something and the intro for the extended one is simply perfect.

Gone would have been better longer, i think, with a bridge and a fade ending full of harmonies.

But Waiting is long enough, it has even 2 bridges and stop and go... You are very greedy, Johnnox.

The next time you want Pussy, Karby, look in the mirror baby.

I just love this track, it's lazy, it's bluesey, it's sexy...... I always want more of it.

Guest bluejean

Music should have been 30 seconds longer and Hung Up shouldn't have been edited.

I agree. Hung Up just dragged on without actually adding anything new as the song progressed. Much better as a single edit.

Music, I think should have had an album version with an extra minute. Like that extended version that leaked.

Guest Danny86

"Voices" comes to mind, the outro could have been extended with more strings and all. Other than that, can't think of anything else, but she does have several songs that go on for too long ("I Want You" is the clear example), but I disagree about "Hung Up", I think it should have never got a radio edit, it's just MEANT to be like an extended remix!

I'd like for Vogue to have an even longer intro. Burning Up too. I'm a SUCKER for great intros.

Same here. I'd love Dress You Up to be longer too.

By the way, welcome back HenZ :rosey:

Guest SuperPop

Beat Goes On (it needed one more chorus after the Kanye part)

Voices

Die Another Day

in general most Madonna songs have satisfactory lengths

the single version of Hung Up destroys the whole majestic breakdown of the song..the album version is absolutely flawless!

Yes, could you imagine the beauty of that if Orbit had just been allowed to do what he wanted with it?

Lots of icy strings and a longer fade out at the end

My bottom hurts just thinking about :fag: