I Can't Forget (STR-Era Demo) Has LEAKED

cosmic_system

Guest ursaminorjim

:hurt: BLASPHEMY!!!

I can see if some think it's preferable to "One More Chance" maybe, but "You'll See"? OUCH.

Sorry. "You'll see" has always struck me as "Live to tell"-for-the-Celine-Dion-age. It's too slick.

It's only the best thing David Foster ever produced. It's got theatrics, an urgency in the delivery, and a solid conviction. And it's also Madonna's greatest moment when it comes to playing character in song; she genuinely seems to believe in the material.

Guest jkgeldert

I'd say it's very early-80s, myself. It's like if "Crazy for you" were "Rain." Or maybe vice-versa. Or maybe Spandau Ballet's "True" minus the hernia.

Either way, it's lovely. I could totally hear this in a montage scene from a romantic dramadey starring, like, Jill Clayburgh and Alan Alda.

Totally agreed! I was thinking 80's before I saw your post. I'd never have guessed this was crafted in the same sessions as You'll See and One More Chance. There are moments that remind me of Promise to Try, both musically and vocally.

The whimper at the end is hilarious.

Oh man, I guess I'm the only person that kind-of likes it. I think it could have had some potential being a really good song once fully realized, perfect for adult contemporary or a movie-theme...remember when she used to do good ballads..? Oh well, listening now yes it's corny sounding but again for the time back then it would have been pleasant enough.

Guest bluejean

Even for that album, this is very cheesy. Sounds like a Disney song in the verses. I don't mind the chorus's.

Her voice is beautiful though and it's a nice listen. This could have been a nice album closer instead of the 'I Want You' Remix. But it would have needed more work. I wonder would they have beefed it up like 'You'll See' or kept it soft and simple.

It's only the best thing David Foster ever produced. It's got theatrics, an urgency in the delivery, and a solid conviction. And it's also Madonna's greatest moment when it comes to playing character in song; she genuinely seems to believe in the material.

:thumbsup:

Guest gloriesbarcelona

It sounds mid 80's to me, a bit cheesy but...

This put a virus on my pc when I tried to download it!

:lol: That's it!! :comp: Even your computer is allergic to M now, just stick to CaCa darling.

Yeah, totally 80's. And not in a good way, at all. Complete and utter shit.

However, her 'vulnerable' sounding performance is quite nice. Look at us Madonna loons. Even with something as awful as this, we can find something redeeming about it.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh man, I guess I'm the only person that kind-of likes it. I think it could have had some potential being a really good song once fully realized, perfect for adult contemporary or a movie-theme...remember when she used to do good ballads..? Oh well, listening now yes it's corny sounding but again for the time back then it would have been pleasant enough.

oh no, i love it. her voice is superb here. probably at its most trained. certainly not one of my favorite leaks but a great vocal performance. xo

youre not alone agclef.....

im not feeling it at all .

Guest Danny86

Funny, I never noticed any particular character in that song, only the "does it convince you that I can fucking sing 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina'?" feeling. :p

thanks for the link

nice to hear 'out-takes'

David Foster era, a collaborative period to 'buy' back US radio??

from that same period - 'You'll See' a real gem

but 'One More Chance'? my least favourite M UK released single...ever, ever ever.... :wacko: