S&S Version Of "Like A Prayer" To Be Released in UK on March 29th

markm

The only thing that could promote Celebration is the upcoming "Glee" episode. The album's already settled into catalog-like sales- in the USA, anyhow. It climed 33 spots in the UK, though, thanks to TV ads.

Exactly! The project may be dead pretty much everywhere else but the UK still can respond to some positive promotion. Glee might help and 'Like A Prayer' is definitely a good choice. I remember it was the only song that really got everyone going at the RIT. It also went down a storm at Live 8.

Must admit though, mash-ups are so 2003 and radio may not pick up on it. Music has moved on UK radio with so many new female acts like GaGa, Littleboots, Florence & Machine, La Roux etc. Still, it has more chance than Revolver by the look of it!

I hope there is a physical release more than anything!

That version is AMAZING

Damn how I wish I went to that tour

You missed a great tour. The crowd loved it and went crazy for it at my shows. I can still remember the arena rumbling from people jumping and stomping on the floor so much in excitement throughout the show. :dramatic:

Guest dicktracy

Well, next time you all need to come to Philly because S&S was amazing. I would have to admit thought that HN was the only time people were sort of whatever but that was so near the beginning. After Vogue the crowd just loved everything. They even sang Dress You Up quite well which amazed me since up to then it was a forgotten song.

in zaragoza? in wnet to see her there, and I had a girl behind me talking all the time while you must love me :rant:

The worst moment was when a group of youngsters asked themselves "which song is this?" and it was Dress You Up! I felt very old, hahaha

You Must Love Me is a very beautiful song, but after having so many gipsies out there doing monkey things i recall people were talking and my mind was wondering things and i was not paying atention to Madonna, even though she was so very near me. Then the camera focused on a girl who was crying a lot and Madonna nodded at her and i thought "phew, at least somebody is paying atention".

If they want to release an oldie, it's much better LAP. Vogue with those 4 Minutes chords was not a good idea, in my opinion. It gave the song a violence and urgency that is just the opposite to the track, that is about being cool and dancey and elegant (not opening your legs and showing your crotch while doing it).

If they want to release an oldie, it's much better LAP. Vogue with those 4 Minutes chords was not a good idea, in my opinion. It gave the song a violence and urgency that is just the opposite to the track, that is about being cool and dancey and elegant (not opening your legs and showing your crotch while doing it).

No, but that's definitely a Madonna element!

Sorry but this is just gibberish.

^ In fact, the tick-tocks actually seem to connect quite nicely, thematically speaking. The invocation of 'timeless' Hollywood and classic celebrities juxtaposes interestingly with the intrusion of the clock. And the brassy line from "4 Minutes" meshes sonically with the horn stabs of the original mix of "Vogue." (And visually, the black-and-white color scheme was in keeping with that of the original, as well, while still being refreshed/updated for a new touring version... and closing off that section of the tour quite nicely, too.) Well done, I'd say. And live vocals with dancing that accommodated her hand-held microphone!!!

The lyrics are about escaping dispair and heartache.

the crowds went INSANE!!!!

Exactly. I went to the 2009 tour in London and the crowds were having a blast the whole time but when LAP came there was a frenzy. it was on a completely different level

I think LAP was the most energetic moment, but Vogue got everybody's reaction, it was the top of the show as I feel it with the audience.

I just have to admit that in Mexico there were many 50 YO people who doesn't now Madonna work after Vogue, for them Madonna is an 80's artist, and most of the new songs were unknown so people were just standing there, and when they finally got Like a Prayer, they expected the original version.

Guest bluejean

I think LAP was the most energetic moment, but Vogue got everybody's reaction, it was the top of the show as I feel it with the audience.

I just have to admit that in Mexico there were many 50 YO people who doesn't now Madonna work after Vogue, for them Madonna is an 80's artist, and most of the new songs were unknown so people were just standing there, and when they finally got Like a Prayer, they expected the original version.

Those people obviously didn't get to see Drowned World :lmao:

Guest Danny86

Posted by tastyboy at Tribe forum:

Sorry to disappoint you, guys, but it's not the "Sticky & Sweet Studio Version"

being released as a single in March .

That "Feels Like A Prayer" track is an actual mash up between "Feels Like Home"

by Meck and "Like A Prayer", but it won't feature Madonna's original vocals;

it'll be a cover (with a random session singer vocalling Madonna's tune) .

From Meck's myspace:

Quote:

Following unprecedented demand Meck and Dino now bring you

the track that caused such a stir with a host of top notch remixes

from Michael Woods, Rene Amesz, Static Revenger, Ant Brooks,

Bart Claessen alongside the Original and 2010 Club mixes.

Oh, and get ready for the amazing video soon too!

Meck featuring Dino ‘Feels Like A Prayer’ Release Date: 29 March 2010, On Toolroom Records

They didn't get allowed to use Madonna's acapella for the commercial release,

hence why a session singer has covered the song .

^^^Okay if the above post is true, that fucking sucks.

If by some small chance it's not true and we actually get a hard copy of the S&S Like a Prayer, I would flip out. It is epic and I've wanted a high quality version ever since the show. Vogue would be kickass if it was included.