Best live VOCAL performances?

loomer

^ I was about to post that one. Lucky Star on Oprah is the one, she sounded great.

I wouldn love to see her live singing 8 songs in an accoustic / piano version like this one. I'll paid 1000 dollars for that.

I also find this amazing, she sang her heart out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3MhqZ970h8

Guest jamesshot

Some of the live performances posted are terrible. POG? Ugh, it was hard sitting through her singing that. She made very poor vocal choices ( like emphasising the RRRRRR in higherrrrrrrr).

Most of the Girlie Show is great.

Lament from RIT

Mother and Father from RIT really showed her belting

In fact, most of RIT especially the NYC show I was at.

Of course, Sooner or Later Oscars is simply stupendous.

This is good in terms of pitch and showcasing her talent which was obviously the intention for once - if only she would bother doing that more. :grr:

But it's not very fun cause it's obvious she's trying very hard and it's a bit laboured. But it's good vocally definitely.

:scared:

Has Madonna EVER been more OFF-Key than during this perormance of "Ray Of Light"? My GOD, she sounds like she's dying on stage. I'm not sure what was worse, this or her performance in The Next Best Thing. OK, this was. HORRIFFIC!

Guest jamesshot

Has Madonna EVER been more OFF-Key than during this perormance of "Ray Of Light"? My GOD, she sounds like she's dying on stage. I'm not sure what was worse, this or her performance in The Next Best Thing. OK, this was. HORRIFFIC!

I know. I cannot watch that performance. It is shockingly bad. She must've had some sort of problem that night because it was just that bad. I gotta give her credit for even finishing the song.

This is the only REMOTELY good POG :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VvN0-SvaeU

God. This just really is leagues better than other "TPOG" performances.

Watching her perform with a real band tugs at the heartstrings a bit. She had such great backing bands throughout the 1990s. I wish she'd done a one-off show and recorded a live album that decade. A "Bedtime Stories"-era performance on MTV's "Unplugged" or a "Ray of Light"-era full-on orchestra performance (a la Portishead's live album) would have been phenomenal. These half-CD / half-DVD tour albums just aren't doing it for me.

I have to say that she sounded great on that Hope for Haiti telethon recently and from the 3 sticky & sweet shows i went to, she sounded fab on You Must Love Me!

There are loads, which I am sure I have mentioned in previous threads, but the one I can think of at the moment off the top of my head, and her most recent, has to be on the S&S Tour - The Evita section of the show. So beautifully performed. I was impressed with her delivery.. Very poignant and full of emotion. Even brought a tear to my eye.

Guest edsalas

She can sing great live when she wants. She CAN sing as much as a lot of people say the opposite. Her vocal performance for me in Sooner Or Later at the '91 Academy Awards is flawless beyond perfection. She really owned the song and this version is better than the album version. Bad Girl from SNL it's a perfect vocal performance. You Must Love Me at the Academy Awards was really good, too. And there are many others that I love.