Madonna’s Untouched Face For Louis Vuitton: Photos

Guest ursaminorjim

Guest ursaminorjim

http://www.dlisted.com/node/36002

Tuesday, February 9th 2010

The Unretouched Vadge Pictures Keep Leaking

unretouchedvadge.jpg

A few weeks ago, an unphotoshopped picture of Vadge's "I'll get you my pretty" face terrorized the internet. And now we've got another one. Although, this one isn't going to make you want to hide your children under their beds.

New York Magazine posted this before and after from Vadge's Louis Vuitton campaign. Even wonk-eyed Vienna Sausage from The Bachelor could clearly see that "after" picture has been covered with layers and layers of Photoshop. They erased the He-Man from her arms, replaced her current face with her True Blue face and then made it rain watercolors all over her.

Personally, I prefer the "before" picture, because Vadge looks like your drunk stepmom after coming back from a costume party where she dressed as a bordello version of Donnie Darko. Vadge is impatiently waiting for you to get her a cup of Alka-Seltzer on the rocks with a splash of gin.

New York Magazine posted this before and after from Vadge's Louis Vuitton campaign. Even wonk-eyed Vienna Sausage from The Bachelor could clearly see that "after" picture has been covered with layers and layers of Photoshop. They erased the He-Man from her arms, replaced her current face with her True Blue face and then made it rain watercolors all over her.

Personally, I prefer the "before" picture, because Vadge looks like your drunk stepmom after coming back from a costume party where she dressed as a bordello version of Donnie Darko. Vadge is impatiently waiting for you to get her a cup of Alka-Seltzer on the rocks with a splash of gin.

:lmao:

as if the "after" picture is supposed to be life like, its pretty clear its not. unless you are dumb as fuck.

:lol:

I never understood the big "stink" about this photoshoot. I mean DUH!

I don't think she looks bad in the before picture either. In fact, for a 50 year old woman in an untouched photo she looks pretty damn good.

I think the effect is solarization. I don't know the reference to a photographer (is it Man Ray?) -- but they were also influenced by the paintings of Tamara de Lempicka. Madonna owns several of her paintings and you can see one of them in the opening sequence of the "Vogue" video. (I think the woman atop the "theater" in "Open Your Heart" is also based on a Tamara de Lempicka style.)

The campaign images were meant to look stylized. The unretouched photos have several different color dresses and bows, and varying degrees of make-up heaviness. It's not my favorite shoot or campaign ever, but I don't get the loathing. I prefer the previous LV Parisienne one to this one easily -- and surely the Klein Dolce & Gabbana Italian cinema is classier -- but at the end of the day, it certainly doesn't warrant any hatred. (Well, any more than the second Versace campaign with Testino, which certainly didn't live up to the expectations created by the first one.) I just can't be bothered to get upset over it -- I mean, it doesn't hurt my life any and it barely took up much of Madonna's precious time, so I fail to see how it's worth getting all twisted over it (and still generating blog entries).

who keeps leaking them and why? For money, or because they don't like her?

I find it unbelievable that in this days and age with s many contracts that need to be signed before shoots like this, that they could be allowed to leak.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:lmao: @ the leak OUTRAGE. They're pics folks, we all know she's 50, no one cares when they see a pic of her looking un-airbrushed. Just because a contract is signed doesn't mean the untouched photos are locked away underground for all eternity, never to see the light of day again for the rest of Earths existence :rotfl:

I'm glad they leaked, i love her old puffy face. I wish she'd embrace her age a little more, she still looks good.

I wasn't saying it to be funny - but then I suppose you're far too dim to really know the difference.

My point was that since she clearly is OK with going under the knife and having those horrendous new cheeks, then really a discreet tummy tuck shouldn't be such a big issue for her.