Madonna was looking for new dancers

TOUR2008

New York, Feb 05 : Madonna held a dance audition for her upcoming tour at Meatpacking District hot spot SL in New York, it has emerged.

Close to 30 aspiring dancers apparently formed a circle around her and conducted a dance-off.

"She was looking for new dancers for her upcoming tour," the New York Post quoted a source as saying.

The insider added: "It was pretty epic. Some professionals were doing flips and spins, while the amateurs sort of just stared."

Also present on the spot were Knicks star Danilo Gallinari and singer Eve.

Copyright Asian News International (ANI)

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/05/2010-02-05_madonna_and_jesus_luz_still_together_despite_rumors_that_singer_dumped_brazilian.html

Madonna and Jesus Luz still together despite rumors that singer dumped Brazilian model

Gatecrasher

Friday, February 5th 2010, 4:00 AM

Magnani/Getty

Despite rumors of a split, Madonna and model Jesus Luz seem to still be together after they were spotted at the premiere party for 'A Single Man' together.

Today in Gatecrasher

Articles

Best of the rest: Ashton Kutcher hates Valentin's Day because he thinks every day should be romantic

Jason Sudeikis back on '30 Rock' with 'Today Show' spoof alongside Meredith Vieira

On the scene: Stars command big bucks for Fashion show

Back off, cougars of the world --Jesus Luz remains Madonna’s man.

Despite rumors the Material Mom had dumped her Brazilian boy toy, we hear the two appeared very much together at the London premiere party for “A Single Man” on Monday night.

“They were all over each other and were even kissing in front of everyone,” a spy on the other side of the pond dishes of the duo, who snuck into the famed Harry’s Bar around 11 p.m. “They looked like they were still very much an item,” although the snitch added that while Jesus snuck out right before the party ended, Madonna stayed until the venue closed.

“Tom Ford was there, and she looked like she wanted to talk to him before she left for the evening,” the source says. “But there’s no doubt she and Jesus were at the party together.”

Madge even buried the hatchet for the evening: She was also spotted chatting with her ex, Guy Ritchie.

While the Queen of Pop may not be single, that doesn’t mean she can’t mingle: We hear she also enjoyed herself in NYC on Wednesday night — having a great time but certainly not stepping out on her man.

“She came into SL with a huge entourage of guys, but it looked very friendly,” a snitch dishes. “At first, she was blocked off by security, but as the night went on she was having such a good time that she was out dancing like everyone else.”

The 51-year-old still knows how to party: Our spy says that she even had a dance-off with the members of her posse, which included Knicks player Danilo Gallinari.

“They made a huge circle, and Madonna looked like she was competing with [“The Hurt Locker’s”] Anthony Mackie and Jeremy Renner. Madonna looked really happy and like she was having a good time, but any attention she got from the men was definitely platonic.”

Well thank God — err, Jesus — for that!

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/02/05/2010-02-05_madonna_and_jesus_luz_still_together_despite_rumors_that_singer_dumped_brazilian.html#ixzz0eejxAfKr

I wish she focused on the new album. It's pretty clear that she cannot mantain her status simply going on tour. In fact, i think main public is pretty sick of her tours right now: only die hard fans would attend. And i am not included, after the S&S tour fiasco and seeing how shitty RIT was, i am not sure i would invest any money traveling to see her.

I wish she focused on the new album. It's pretty clear that she cannot mantain her status simply going on tour. In fact, think main public is pretty sick of her tours right now: only die hard fans would attend. And i am not included, after the S&S tour fiasco and seeing how shitty RIT was, i am not sure i would invest any money traveling to see her. i

I'm sorry but..BULLSHIT.

Her latest tour was the TOP GROSSING TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST and many people I know went to she show. And I'm not talking about FANS.

I'd rather see her on tour AGAIN then working on an album with Guetta. Thank you.

Babe, that tour was very big, but when she started the tour next year, she STRUGGLED to sell. She came to my city and they were giving tickets away to try to fill the space. The tickets were reduced first 50% and then they were given away for free in shops and newspapers. The same happened with other Spanish cities and only in random countries it was soldout. People seem to have little memory: normally, Madonna's tours are sold out, only recently she strugles to fill a place.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I wish she focused on the new album.

Hopefully she can do both

I'm sorry but..BULLSHIT.

Her latest tour was the TOP GROSSING TOUR BY A SOLO ARTIST and many people I know went to she show. And I'm not talking about FANS.

That doesn't mean that another tour 3 years in a row is not a mistake. I consider myself a fan but I don't think I'd go and see her again before she releases new material, I'm not sure I could cope with another remix of Holiday.

Guest Danny86

This is weird, because the other day Madonnateamo from MTribe forum posted this about Jamie King:

I just got back from the gym. I took a class called "jump rope" and King was there. After the class i walked up to him and i asked him if he knows if Madonna would be at the Vanity Fair party and he said "All i know is that im going but im sure she will too". And then i said "when is the next tour" ? and he responded "well,she needs to release a new record and then we'll be dancing together one more time". He was very nice. This is my second time meeeting him. First time was at the "celebration" release party in West Hollywood.

Oh and there was no S&ST "fiasco", the given away tickets were less than 10% of the tickets, I remember very well there was a huge meltdown because in Bercy there were FIVE HUNDRED tickets left out of 16k 2 months before the show. In the end she sold well in Spain too, considering she had 5 stadium/outdoor shows there in a span of 10 months, which they never even SCHEDULED for her in 25 years! The majority of her tours before S&ST were limited to 3-5 big cities in Europe where she played 10-15k arenas for 3-4 nights, it's totally way off to even compare that with what she achieved with the last tour.

Yes, we all know that she struggled to sell tickets in some cities of the second european leg, specially in Spain. But that doesn't mean that she would have problems with a greatest hits tour. She can visit less cities in Europe and focus on Asia, Australia and America.

I wish she would focus on the new album! Spend the first half of this year recording it,then release it in the late summer/early fall,then tour in 2011.I don't see why she is in such a hurry to do another tour.As much as I love seeing her in concert,I'm not really excited about another tour so soon.I want NEW MUSIC and NEW VIDEOS!! A tour can wait.

Come on,Madonna....put the tour plans on hold and work on a new album!

I think she can be looking for new dancers, just because she is helding auditions doesnt mean she will tour without a new album.

Unfortunately though I feel the standards of her albums are getting worse, especially if the Guetta shit is true.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I wish she would focus on the new album! Spend the first half of this year recording it,then release it in the late summer/early fall,then tour in 2011.I don't see why she is in such a hurry to do another tour.As much as I love seeing her in concert,I'm not really excited about another tour so soon.I want NEW MUSIC and NEW VIDEOS!! A tour can wait.

Could Live Nation be forcing her into it? After all, they are primarily organising this kind of event, not selling cds

:lmao: Coming from a Kylie fan

Hello Markbabe!!! :D Well, i know i will be critisize, but i enjoyed far more X Tour than S&S. But surely that's why i expect much more from Miss Ugly Hands than i expect from Poison Dwarf.

She's never failed me yet. Whatever she's working on, I'm all game. If it's true this is for a "new tour", it doesn't necessarily mean the tour will happen soon or before a new album release. Many of you are always commenting you want to her to take her time putting forth new material. Well,maybe that's exactly what she's doing down to finding brand new dancers and dance moves. And now would be the perfect time to start in putting everything together with the new music (which personally I think she has some ready).

Hello Markbabe!!! :D Well, i know i will be critisize, but i enjoyed far more X Tour than S&S. But surely that's why i expect much more from Miss Ugly Hands than i expect from Poison Dwarf.

I love Kylie too and her Xtour was amazing!! Just ignore him! There is no reason why a person can't love other artists too along with Madonna.

She's going to be 52 this year. A tour can't wait, albums can. We all know she's not going to do a standing in the middle of the stage type of tour. Wake up.

She's going to be 52 this year. A tour can't wait, albums can. We all know she's not going to do a standing in the middle of the stage type of tour. Wake up.

I was going to say the same thing. She probably wants to tour and be able to put on a great show as much as she can now. Like you said. She is pushing 52. Sticky and Sweet blew me away with the amount of energy she had in it, but sadly the clock is still ticking. She has her 60s to scale touring way back and work on albums. :lol: Oh lord. Madonna in her 60s. And you think the cheeks are scary now! :p

In anycase if this is true, lucky me swore that the next time Madonna toured I would take my sister and mom to see her since its something I really want them to experience. Didnt expect rumors THIS soon though. :lol: Thats going to be a nice kick in my savings account teeth. :lol: Thanks Madonna! :D

I wish she focused on the new album. It's pretty clear that she cannot mantain her status simply going on tour. In fact, i think main public is pretty sick of her tours right now: only die hard fans would attend. And i am not included, after the S&S tour fiasco and seeing how shitty RIT was, i am not sure i would invest any money traveling to see her.

Take your lame ass attitude somewhere else. You are insane if you think the main public is sick of her tours. Project much?

well its deffo Bullshit story, as for one, M was in NY on Monday...she was in London the week before but flew out a day or 2 before the London Premier..and there are pictures to show her arriving in leaving London and arriving NY

well its deffo Bullshit story, as for one, M was in NY on Monday...she was in London the week before but flew out a day or 2 before the London Premier..and there are pictures to show her arriving in leaving London and arriving NY

The auditions were in NY.

Only Madonna fans would take issue to having her go on tour and seeing her perform live. MY GOD....if you don't want to see her. DON'T GO! It's that simple. There is ZERO indication that this tour will flop in anyway. Sticky & Sweet was a MASSIVE success. Only one or two shows were reported 90 something percent sold out, the rest were at 100% sell out. Anybody trying to imply otherwise is just pissed that she isn't doing what THEY want her to do right now....what a shocker.

Silly fans....how much longer do we REALLY THINK she's going to be able to tour the world and give us ALL HER ENERGY like she has always and continues to do?? She's pushing 52 for goodness sakes folks! LET'S ENJOY THIS WHILE IT LASTS. She can make an album in her rocking chair if she wants to. However I don't think she'll be double dutching and dancing at the same time at 75.