Madonna's performance on Haiti telethon!

cosmic_system

5. Beyoncé There was so much to love about her stripped-down version of “Halo.” For starters, there was Chris Martin on piano. And the lyric change from “Baby, I can see your halo” to “Haiti, I can see your halo” (God, what an utterly tacky moron :lmao: ) was appropriate and lovely.

:lmao:

I can't believe he listed STING as a highlight

*A* discussion?? :lmao:

You act like this is the first time we've discussed this in this forum before. We've had numerous THREADS dedicated to her "new face" since 2008. After a certain point though it just gets sad seeing Madonna's loons go on and on about it. It's not going to change anything so you either deal with it or move on. That's all I'm saying. Some fans seem unable to do that....which is why a thread about Madonna performing perhaps her biggest classic song for a great cause has turned into YET ANOTHER...."She fucked up her face. I can't look at it. It doesn't look like her..." type threads. I mean OH WELL!! 2 years is AMPLE time to get used to it, if you haven't by now YOU WON'T so that's why I'm saying, AT THIS POINT if the mere sight of Madonna's face distracts a perfectly fine performance of LIKE A PRAYER for you then it may be time to pack it up and ship it out....JUST SAYIN.

What's worse:

"Flipping out" (because I was breaking dishes and busting furniture as I typed my last post :zombie: ) because I'm over seeing the same discussion from the same people for 2 years

OR

Flipping out because after the 10,682nd time of seeing photos/vids of her since her "procedure" you have the same reaction as if it were the first time you've seen it. :electropop: . This discussion should've been tired after the 1st leg of S&S began.

:crazy:

& Dear Madonna..

In Belgium we use it 2 make waffles..not 2 do our hair.

24_aug_wafelijzer.jpg

:rotfl:

I don't like the hair very much either, but I didn't notice it! All I could focus on was the FACE. That's the most noticeable it's ever been for me and the first time I was distracted by it.

I think the studio lighting made it look weirder and worse than it actually was, she looked much better in the pics with Sting. The cat make-up was extreme too, must have been a deliberate choice to get people to focus on her eyes.

Guest Pud Whacker

no....im just kidding....

she DOES INDEED have a slight asian look....more in the 80s id say,....

i first noticed how delicate and flat her face was in 1986 on the cover of the vanity fair. then i saw her in person in malibu in 1987 with sean penn, just grocery shopping at hughes market and i was with my friend roy - this was right after the wtg tour - and she looked asian-like. she has a very unique face.

its just one fans observation, doesnt need to made into anything, at all.

av-8.jpg

For anyone who doesn't use iTunes, last night's performance of "Like A Prayer" can be downloaded from amazon.com for 99 cents....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035QOK0M

Or the entire set of performances (20 in all) can be downloaded for only $7.99....

http://www.amazon.com/Hope-For-Haiti-Now/dp/B0035QNFGW

About Hope for Haiti Now

All proceeds from album sales of Hope for Haiti Now will go to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, Red Cross, UNICEF, United Nations World Food Programme, and Yele Haiti Foundation. In addition, all proceeds from the special studio version of "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)" by Jay-Z, Bono, the Edge, and Rihanna will go to Partners in Health.

Strangely, her "original" face had a very wide look to it anyways. This picture immediately comes to mind:

model1.jpg

Also that very first real good close up we get of her face when she's coming down the steps on the Virgin Tour. I've always thought her face looked especially wide there too. Last night she looked like Madonna "used" to look. There have been times over the past 2 years where she just looked pulled and stuffed but last night wasn't one of those nights to me. Some fans though for some reason (after 2 years....arguably more if you ask Lucky Guy) can't seem to move past this. It's getting a bit sad at this point that threads like this turn into discussions about how fucked up her face is.....like it's something NEW. This is OLD ASS NEWS. Get over it and keep movin on or get the fuck out if you can't take it. Truly, it REALLY is THAT simple! :)

:thumbsup:

Strangely, her "original" face had a very wide look to it anyways. This picture immediately comes to mind:

model1.jpg

Also that very first real good close up we get of her face when she's coming down the steps on the Virgin Tour. I've always thought her face looked especially wide there too. Last night she looked like Madonna "used" to look. There have been times over the past 2 years where she just looked pulled and stuffed but last night wasn't one of those nights to me. Some fans though for some reason (after 2 years....arguably more if you ask Lucky Guy) can't seem to move past this. It's getting a bit sad at this point that threads like this turn into discussions about how fucked up her face is.....like it's something NEW. This is OLD ASS NEWS. Get over it and keep movin on or get the fuck out if you can't take it. Truly, it REALLY is THAT simple! :)

Madonna's "original" face has been gone for many years. Sometime around 1995 I remember thinking Madonna didn't look quite like "Madonna" anymore to me. I was more distrught seeing how haggard she started looking during the ROL/DWT years, because Madonna NEVER looked haggard before. Funnily, I think that is the face some here miss because to them that is their "original" Madonna because that's when they fell in love with her. :lol:

I'll say this....the "new face" looks more like the "orginal face" than the "haggard face" she had during the late 90's-early 00's.

I agree, her face totally reminds me of the whole boy-toy/virgin era. She looked beautifull and her face while obiviously filled, looks good for what it is.

:rotfl:

I don't like the hair very much either, but I didn't notice it! All I could focus on was the FACE. That's the most noticeable it's ever been for me and the first time I was distracted by it.

I think the studio lighting made it look weirder and worse than it actually was, she looked much better in the pics with Sting. The cat make-up was extreme too, must have been a deliberate choice to get people to focus on her eyes.

That's exactly how I feel about this performance.

if some people are thinking she lip-synched...that´s flatering, it means they think she sounded as good as in a record

There were posters insisting on youtube... I guess people thought she sounded good and couldn't live with that... how do you miss half a line while lip-synching? lol.

model1.jpg

Madonna's "original" face has been gone for many years. Sometime around 1995 I remember thinking Madonna didn't look quite like "Madonna" anymore to me. I was more distrught seeing how haggard she started looking during the ROL/DWT years, because Madonna NEVER looked haggard before. Funnily, I think that is the face some here miss because to them that is their "original" Madonna because that's when they fell in love with her. :lol:

I'll say this....the "new face" looks more like the "orginal face" than the "haggard face" she had during the late 90's-early 00's.

To think that she had anything done at age 37 is ridicuolus considering that even at 45 she looked pretty much very natural

What are you talking about? :p She looked superb during the ROL years and always very good during the 00's (minus 2001 and most part of 2002) up to 2005-2006 when she achieved perfection

Best she's ever looked was at the Revolver premiere in London september 2005................ 2003, 2004 and some points in 2007 were particularly good too

la_leatherjacket1.jpg

revolver_premiere_paris_hq_ns23.jpg

revolver_premiere_paris_hq_ns15.jpg

(revolver Paris)

revolver_premiere_london4.jpg

(revolver London)

now_240907_news.jpg

20100122-madonn-hope-for-haiti-now-telethon-03.jpg

There's an airbrush quality to her face in this pic

and no moustache and a paparazzi shot...proves the W outtake is fake just like the arm shot last august from the daily mail, arms looked fine on tour and any

other pic at the time

I hope she won't get puffier than this though because she doesn't need it, but even if she does and she's happy with it great, as long as she continues to put

on the incredible shows she's always put on

Everything is great and she looks amazing especially for 51 it's just those cheeks. Thats all for me i first noticed it at the R&R hall of fame & on the Britney MTV thing where madonna sees her backstage. My only problem with her looks is her cheeks.