Madonna's performance on Haiti telethon!

cosmic_system

I came away immediately a little dissapointed, the missed line and all blah blah, but I do recognise the positives that people have highlghted -it wasn't as crowy as we've heard, and it was in tune. I think with recent efforts this was a good step up, and I hope that's where the momentum is heading now.

Why does every time when she takes a photo where she doesn't look perfect ppl say she fucked up her face? we've seen her these past few months and know how great she can look, like in that thing she did with lady caca, but of course people wont focus on that. Just the few shitty photos.

Madonna is 51 and generally looks amazing FOR HER AGE. She's still a beautiful woman, but she's not immune to the aging process...or bad camera angles.

You would think she was going under the knife every other week, the way some people in here carry on. She looked great at the Single Man premiere, she looked great at the Nine premiere (at least everyone creamed at the time), she looked amazing having dinner with Sean, but a less than flawless pap shot, and all of a sudden she's tragically turned herself into catwoman? I mean really.

People better get used to her face, because it's the one she's gonna have the rest of her life....and it's gonna keep getting older. I know that scares the shit out of people already terrified of their own aging. :scared:

My only superficial criticism of her last night was her hair, which I thought looked like a lifeless mop.

BBC: Madonna provided one of the few upbeat moments from New York with her choir-backed performance of Like A Prayer.

Hartford Courant: But it was hard to miss when Madonna fronted a choir to sing a full throated "Like a Prayer," ... Madonna actually sounded great singing "Like a Prayer" in front of a big choir (but she looked a little like Adriana De Cerva from "The Sopranos").

Los Angeles Times: Mary J. Blige, Justin Timberlake, Madonna and Wyclef Jean are among those who bring real artistic achievement to the earthquake relief fundraiser ... Madonna also offered a prayer -- her own "Like a Prayer," perfectly appropriate for the occasion, considering the famous video for the song, which had her embracing an actor depicting the Caribbean saint Martin de Porres.

The Detroit News: Highlights included Madonna singing "Like a Prayer" while backed by a full choir.

Orlando Sentinel: Madonna staged her own revival, backed by a rousing choir, on “Like a Prayer.”

NY Times: Madonna performed “Like a Prayer” — unsteadily, it should be said — even though its lyrics, about submitting to a higher power, have very little to do with struggle, or tragedy, or uplift. For 20 years, that song has been the symbol of one of the most tumultuous and controversial periods in Madonna’s life. But for five minutes tonight, it was pure, put in service of something bigger than the singer. Of the artists who chose to perform their own songs as opposed to covers — it was about an even split — Madonna was among the more indulgent.

FOX: Madonna sang a moving version of "Like a Prayer."

MTV: Madonna: "Like a Prayer" -- Initially, the controversy surrounding the video for "Like a Prayer" overshadowed this stirring song, which was the lead single and title track from the singer's fourth album. Pepsi courted the Material Girl as a spokesperson and used "Like a Prayer" in a huge campaign before the world saw the imagery from the video, which included stigmata and hints of an interracial love scene with St. Martin de Porres. Madonna's "Hope for Haiti Now" performance was filled with respect. Backed by a choir, the iconic singer belted out a hushed rendition of "Like a Prayer." And the song's chorus — "When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there" — was as inspirational as ever.

Canoe: Other musical standouts: Madonna's uplifting version of Like a Prayer, featuring a youth choir.

MTV: 9:21 Backed by a small army of backup singers, Madonna performs a soaring, boisterous version of "Like a Prayer." We can't help but clap along.

MTV

Jan 22 2010 10:03 PM EST

Madonna Brings Classic 'Like A Prayer' To 'Hope For Haiti Now' Telethon

Singer performs the hit 1989 single backed by a choir.

Backed by a choir, Madonna performed her 1989 single "Like a Prayer" at the "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon on Friday (January 22). She performed in the telethon's New York studio, as did Bruce Springsteen, Shakira and Sting.

The arrangement of "Like a Prayer" took its cues from the original version's instructions to "let the choir sing," with the only non-vocal instrumentation provided by a guitarist and a keyboard player. It was a shining performance, with the choir serving as a perfect counterpoint to Madonna's vocals.

Last week, Madonna endorsed the relief efforts of the charity organization Partners in Health, donating $250,000 toward their work with victims of the Haitian earthquake. Partners in Health works to bring modern medical care to the world's poorest communities and it has had a presence in Haiti for 20 years.

"My prayers are with the people of Haiti," she said in a statement on her Web site. "I can't imagine the terrible pain and suffering they are experiencing. Sadly the depths of the tragedy are just becoming known and the need for our support grows more urgent with every passing moment.

"I urge all of my friends and fans around the world to join me collectively to match my contribution or give in any way you can," she continued. "We must act now."

Guest Revolvic

because it's the one she's gonna have the rest of her life....and it's gonna keep getting older. I know that scares the shit out of people already terrified of their own aging. :scared:

i doubt she is going to 'keep this face' for the rest of her life. because that would exclude ageing.

the point is, she doesn't age - due to fillers.

bring her facial expression back. 51 year old wrinkles and all.

Edited by Revolv!c

i doubt she is going to 'keep this face' for the rest of her life. because that would exclude ageing.

the point is, she doesn't age - due to fillers.

bring her facial expression back. 51 year old wrinkles and all.

Where did I say that?? I CLEARLY said her face will continue to AGE.

Guest Revolvic

Where did I say that?? I CLEARLY said her face will continue to AGE.

relax. you said it in your post:

People better get used to her face, because it's the one she's gonna have the rest of her life....
Edited by Revolv!c

performance was great, seems we have to get used to the new face, there are angles where she looks great and others were her face looks weird and wide, oh well

i agree. the performance was good. and i liked the hair. she was goin for the 4 minutes look. i liked it.

i dont like the bangs shes been sporting lately.

the cheeks looked puffy & odd at times...., does she really need it anymore? now that she has gained a few pounds?

i love her regardless....now get ur ass back in the recordin studio bitch! vogue.gif

relax. you said it in your post:

I know what I said, and you completely took it out of context....especially since I CLEARLY said it was going to AGE. Obviously english is not your first language, or you're being deliberately OBTUSE.

BBC: Madonna provided one of the few upbeat moments from New York with her choir-backed performance of Like A Prayer.

Hartford Courant: But it was hard to miss when Madonna fronted a choir to sing a full throated "Like a Prayer," ... Madonna actually sounded great singing "Like a Prayer" in front of a big choir (but she looked a little like Adriana De Cerva from "The Sopranos").

Los Angeles Times: Mary J. Blige, Justin Timberlake, Madonna and Wyclef Jean are among those who bring real artistic achievement to the earthquake relief fundraiser ... Madonna also offered a prayer -- her own "Like a Prayer," perfectly appropriate for the occasion, considering the famous video for the song, which had her embracing an actor depicting the Caribbean saint Martin de Porres.

The Detroit News: Highlights included Madonna singing "Like a Prayer" while backed by a full choir.

Orlando Sentinel: Madonna staged her own revival, backed by a rousing choir, on “Like a Prayer.”

NY Times: Madonna performed “Like a Prayer” — unsteadily, it should be said — even though its lyrics, about submitting to a higher power, have very little to do with struggle, or tragedy, or uplift. For 20 years, that song has been the symbol of one of the most tumultuous and controversial periods in Madonna’s life. But for five minutes tonight, it was pure, put in service of something bigger than the singer. Of the artists who chose to perform their own songs as opposed to covers — it was about an even split — Madonna was among the more indulgent.

FOX: Madonna sang a moving version of "Like a Prayer."

MTV: Madonna: "Like a Prayer" -- Initially, the controversy surrounding the video for "Like a Prayer" overshadowed this stirring song, which was the lead single and title track from the singer's fourth album. Pepsi courted the Material Girl as a spokesperson and used "Like a Prayer" in a huge campaign before the world saw the imagery from the video, which included stigmata and hints of an interracial love scene with St. Martin de Porres. Madonna's "Hope for Haiti Now" performance was filled with respect. Backed by a choir, the iconic singer belted out a hushed rendition of "Like a Prayer." And the song's chorus — "When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there" — was as inspirational as ever.

Canoe: Other musical standouts: Madonna's uplifting version of Like a Prayer, featuring a youth choir.

MTV: 9:21 Backed by a small army of backup singers, Madonna performs a soaring, boisterous version of "Like a Prayer." We can't help but clap along.

one of the spanish Tvs has said that madonna singing was the only non-ballad song, and the most important spanish radio LA SER, is playing her singing LAP all the time

Guest missy bi_tch

her voice was more than ok...

it showed the world how beautiful, how fit, how vocally stunning a woman who has ruled the music scene for almost 30 years can be... and there's no reason why a fking rich woman like her cant go all out to artificially stop aging... it's 2010 for god's sake.

and why we fell in love with her tin the first place... (without hard candy of cos)

Guest Revolvic

I know what I said, and you completely took it out of context....especially since I CLEARLY said it was going to AGE. Obviously english is not your first language, or you're being deliberately OBTUSE.

you contradict yourself. but it's ok, didn't expect anything else on a madonna forum.

i thought her face was good, i cant see why the drama here. Somewhat she fixed de 2008 skeleton cheek and now has a fully face, chubby, soft and homogeneous.

hope_haiti_now_505.jpg

Well it looks a bit... wide. Like someone took a frying pan to her face. But I guess her original face is gone for good so we might as well accept as was said.

i agree it looks wide. But her original 80s face was also very wide, after she gave birth her whole face shriveled and we got used to that. She reversed that effect injecting something to bring back her younger face. It looks a bit artificial but thats because we are fans, we just know every detail about her face.

Well I dont want to nitpick and Lord knows I'm not ANNOYED by her face or anything but her young face was rounder instead of just flat and wide. ANYWAY maybe its the lighting or makeup or something, I just think she is pretty beautiful naturally and I dont want her to develop the 'ageing Hollywood face' that seems to be sold to older female celebrities by plastic surgeons in bulk.