Madonna's performance on Haiti telethon!

cosmic_system

She looked and sounded amazing. I love this stripped down version of Like A Prayer, I thought its very suitable for this event. A deffinite highlight. I can not understand how one can not love her look or this performance.

She looked younger.

She sounded really good imo. She sang the hell out of the song. Her face was a little cheeky but oh well it will never go back to looking really normal at this point, will it.

Oh wait I forgot. IM CRYING RIGHT NOW SANTA MADONNA GO OUT AND HELP THOSE HAITIAN KIDS OMG IM SO PROUD QUEEN OF LIFE BOOHOO OMG

Ugh, I fell asleep and missed it (it was on at 2am here). She sounds fine and looks .. allright. Cool performcance overall.

I find it fascinating how the hardcore loons here jump on anyone's throat who dares critizise Santa Madonna, as it was all just for charity. Yet other artists are slagged off left and right and that's perfectly fine ...?! :crazy::lol:

Guest bluejean

Ugh, I fell asleep and missed it (it was on at 2am here). She sounds fine and looks .. allright. Cool performcance overall.

I find it fascinating how the hardcore loons here jump on anyone's throat who dares critizise Santa Madonna, as it was all just for charity. Yet other artists are slagged off left and right and that's perfectly fine ...?! :crazy::lol:

I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I thought it was good. I also think she's never done this song justice live with the vocals. But oh well, its a nice arrangement and the vocals weren't particularly bad or good.

I really don't understand how a fan can say the vocals were not "good" after the awful things she did on live tv in the past. She never was Whitney in the first place, and for her standard yeasterday she was GREAT.

True. Her vocals were spot on. And she didnt look super nervous or preoccupied with sounding Evita-esque like in the past. She let rip.

I'm definitely no loon but I thought that was a perfect performance. Great choice of song, suitably understated and an excellent vocal performance to silence the critics. No flat notes there.

I haven't seen anyone else.

PS: Simon Cowell is going to do a charity single with SuBo which is the equivalent to the telethons in the US. Ugh. Subo et al.

I really don't understand how a fan can say the vocals were not "good" after the awful things she did on live tv in the past. She never was Whitney in the first place, and for her standards yesterday she was GREAT.

It's not even about her STANDARDS..it was a great sincere pop/rock/gospel performance 4 a noble cause! :fag:

I appreciate her vocal efforts especially since she consciously avoided certain 'crow' traps. Her tone was pleasant. :clap:

Obviously the Sticky & Sweet dailies & subsequent vocal dubbing made her aware.

& Dear Madonna..

In Belgium we use it 2 make waffles..not 2 do our hair.

24_aug_wafelijzer.jpg

From EW.com:

'Hope For Haiti Now': The telethon's 10 best performances

by Dave Karger

Tonights George Clooney-organized, multi-network Hope For Haiti Now telethon was a subdued, classy affair, thankfully free of any awkward George Bush doesnt care about black people moments. In all, the two-hour telecast included 19 musical performances, most of which were terrific. I could name two female artists who were a bit out of their league, but since they were singing for charity, I wont.(Hmmmm...) Instead, Ill run down what were, in my humble opinion, the 10 best numbers of the night. (You can download them all, by the way, on iTunes.)

10. Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris I confess Id never heard of Matt Morris before. But after his and Timberlakes sensitive, almost half-tempo duet performance of Leonard Cohens oft-covered Hallelujah, Im a convert.

9. Bruce Springsteen The Boss recorded Pete Seegers protest anthem for his 2006 Pete Seeger Sessions release. But I was crazy about his choice of instrumentation tonight: guitar, accordion, four backup singers, and trumpet.

8. Stevie Wonder Time constraints surely forced him to perform an abridged version (no pun intended) of Simon and Garfunkels Bridge Over Troubled Water. But Wonder conveyed deep emotion (not to mention amazing vocal range) in half the time.

7. Wyclef Jean The Haitian native began his medley with the reggae classic Rivers of Babylon (from one of the best albums Ive ever heard, the soundtrack to 1972s The Harder They Come) and ended it with an hard-driving number that felt kind of like a commercial for Anderson Cooper 360 (the anchor, who ably cohosted tonight, received two shout-outs). But it was the perfect ending to the evening.

6. Christina Aguilera Weve always known Xtina was a gifted singer. But her belt-tastic performance of her new ballad Lift Me Up (a track from her upcoming Bionic CD) was reminiscent of Whitney Houston in her prime.

5. Beyoncé There was so much to love about her stripped-down version of Halo. For starters, there was Chris Martin on piano. And the lyric change from Baby, I can see your halo to Haiti, I can see your halo(God, what an utterly tacky moron :lmao: ) was appropriate and lovely.

4. Alicia Keys The ridiculously talented singer-songwriter opened the telethon with the plaintive Prelude to a Kiss from her As I Am record. Her impassioned wailing at the end represented all the crying victims weve seen in the streets of Haiti.

3. Sting Just when the show was starting to get a little too ballad-heavy, out came Sting to perform a seminal uptempo Police track from 1980, Driven to Tears, complete with horns. Leave it to one of the planets most awe-inspiring musicians to have the tightest band of the night.

2. Jennifer Hudson The Oscar winners take on the Beatles Let It Be was part soul, part Caribbean, all diva. This is a woman who knows pain and heartache, and it showed.

1. Mary J. Blige Ive loved Stephen Fosters Civil War lament Hard Times Come Again No More ever since I heard Mare Winningham perform it in the 1995 film Georgia. (Bob Dylan is perhaps its most celebrated interpreter.) But Blige brought it 150 years forward with her incredibly moving rendition. If this didnt get people watching to call and offer help, I dont know what will.

UGH how can EW not include her, it was a great performace especially as it was done on such short notice...

I loved it, she looked great and her voice was fine.

Oh wow, Madonna just put a very beautiful performance of Like a Prayer, choir and all!

And yes, no crow vocals. Just straight from the heart, with higher than normal registers. I'm so glad she rehearsed this.

I liked that her introduction was Bill Clinton.

yes! she can sing better technically, we know it becuase she has done it before (You must love me last summer...)but she hasn´t used the evita voice, and I think that goes reallly well with the song,less perfection but more emotion...and she did look more asian than a cat! but that´s because of the make up! I´m really surrpised at how well she looked

and about madonna leaving a line of the song out...she was dancing!!! is not like she was with a guitar looking at the telepromter to remember the words...I don´t know, but...this should have been her performance on 1990´s grammies!!! those bastards didn´t even nominate her! I wonder who won, but I´m sure he/she wasn´t there yesterday! :demonic: