Madonna's performance on Haiti telethon!

cosmic_system

Because some people are never happy unless they bitch and moan or attack other members who love to appreciate and not over analyze every fuckin' thing to death. It's ridiculous.

As opposed to YOU who is the very BEACON of POSITIVITY :dramatic:

How can anyone find something to COMPLAIN about this?

Because some people are never happy unless....

My advice, if anyone wants it, is to concentrate on the positives and not worry so much about what anyone else thought. If one accuses others of being negative, they inadvertently add to the negativity. It's very easy -- and much more productive -- to steer the conversation in another direction, rather than getting into a pissing match.

After reading some of these comments from you guys i'm now glad I rarely come to the Madonna discussion section

yeah, honestly, i felt the same way! some of these catty comments from gay males... as an aside, it makes me wonder if the USA will ever have a state where VOTERS, not courts, choose to allow gay marriage (off topic, but seems like after just the wrong or inappropriate things some people said it's like no wonder people don't like us...)

and people complaining about little things about her face or slight voice issues, lord this wasn't like her tour where she had months of prep time and lots of time to fine tune stuff where vocal flaws are truly not what you pay for... sorry to rant, not like people generally comment on stuff like that anyhow but i was disheartened to see some of the jokes (celebration at this telethon, REALLY was that funny in your head or out loud?) and the nastiness.

Because some people are never happy unless they bitch and moan or attack other members who love to appreciate and not over analyze every fuckin' thing to death. It's ridiculous.This is about a tragedy of a small country, not a stupid contest in how great her vocals were versus other artists or previous performances.

agreed, i'm right there with you. as i noted... it's not even like she had a bunch of time to prepare like a tour or was going to be a ham like aguilera and use it for promo of a new song... it was a heartfelt attempt by her to do something for someone other than malawi...

Her vocal flaws are part of her charm, and in all honesty she gave one of the best performances of the night. I knew people in here would over analyze it to death though. As far as her face goes, she looked lovely...hardly like a fucking cat, but at this point her face will be what everyone harps on for the rest of her life.

Guest jamesshot

agreed, i'm right there with you. as i noted... it's not even like she had a bunch of time to prepare like a tour or was going to be a ham like aguilera and use it for promo of a new song... it was a heartfelt attempt by her to do something for someone other than malawi...

No one said it was bad. Far from it. She sang it very decently but not as great as she is capable of. That's all.

I don't think anybody slated the performance though. Everyone thought it was at least good. Nobody outright said it was shyt did they? :dazed:

Yeah, no one said it was bad. I really don't know what these people are commenting on. They're being defensive for no reason.

95974168.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F53B9811528C0AD16DD158CC7420C2E03BA20C7A6F3B8A42F595979943.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5EDFCFC598B8B97977CC86BB20CB2A662F3302D34E89760A1

95979609.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F524C238DB95F4FF0E7CC86BB20CB2A66225970F79B3F3510C95978181.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F58E766C1B99C4967E67F69788D0E2ACCEB3A4C2BD40DB6A6F

I think its safe to say Madonna's face only now looks good when its not trying to show too much emotion cause she looks great in the Sting pic but looked like a mess during the performance. :lol: Like her face was hurting the hell out of her.

It was an okay performance. Ill forget it in a day.

Let me shut up before the more holy than thou brigade kicks in to bash me for seperating the performance from the message of the night.

(And YES big praise for Madonna for being a part of it)

I don't think anybody slated the performance though. Everyone thought it was at least good. Nobody outright said it was shyt did they? :dazed:

I didn't say they did. I said some people were over analyzing it, just like they do with everything she does.

We all really, really need to come to an understanding, that critiquing a performance isn't bashing or being negative, per se. Sure, some people can maybe be a little more critical than necessary, but I believe it comes from a place of knowing -- as jamesshot said -- what Madonna's capable of, and wanting to see her hit those marks.

The appreciation of music is subjective. There's never going to be a time when every single person here agrees with everyone else. But if we at least respect each others right to have an opinion, it doesn't have to deteriorate into negativity and bashing.

I'm off my soapbox now. :rosey:

Guest Therealalejandro

I think its safe to say Madonna's face only now looks good when its not trying to show too much emotion cause she looks great in the Sting pic but looked like a mess during the performance. :lol: Like her face was hurting the hell out of her.

It was an okay performance. Ill forget it in a day.

Let me shut up before the more holy than thou brigade kicks in to bash me for seperating the performance from the message of the night.

(And YES big praise for Madonna for being a part of it)

What the hell are you talking about? Really? Her face looks great. She looks like...Guess who? Madonna! Crazy, huh?!

It isn't about being holier than thou...It's just that you are fucking weird because you can't get over some minor surgical enhancements. When she grows an extra nose or starts to look like Joanne, feel free to go off with your bullshit.

This was for charity and it makes me proud to know that Madonna was a part of it. When I first saw the performance during the live stream, I thought it was just okay...Almost good.

When I listened to the mp3 really loud over the speakers in my gym, I was in awe of how this woman manages, with her relatively limited vocal range, to sound strong and fragile all at once.

Sometimes, her performances can seem subpar in the moment, but take on a whole other dimension with time. This was the case with Take A Bow at the AMA's in my humble opinion. I feel that this is another of those performances.

What the hell are you talking about? Really? Her face looks great. She looks like...Guess who? Madonna! Crazy, huh?!

It isn't about being holier than thou...It's just that you are fucking weird because you can't get over some minor surgical enhancements. When she grows an extra nose or starts to look like Joanne, feel free to go off with your bullshit.

This was for charity and it makes me proud to know that Madonna was a part of it. When I first saw the performance during the live stream, I thought it was just okay...Almost good.

When I listened to the mp3 really loud over the speakers in my gym, I was in awe of how this woman manages, with her relatively limited vocal range, to sound strong and fragile all at once.

Sometimes, her performances can seem subpar in the moment, but take on a whole other dimension with time. This was the case with Take A Bow at the AMA's in my humble opinion. I feel that this is another of those performances.

:electropop:

amen :thumbsup: well said...

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:rotfl:

MadonnaNation is TOO MUCH.

I have to just say this, I'm the biggest critic in the world when it comes to Madonna's new face, however, I'm learning to embrace and accept what can't be changed!

On to her performance of LAP – I’m sorry but I can’t separate my feelings about the song’s lyrics being about oral sex. I wish she sung something else instead that doesn’t have that stigma for me. I must admit that Madonna with the choir always excites me.