Madonna to perform at Haiti Telethon

markm

Yes- LIB because it's about an island :electropop: (someone said that to me before I saw the post here).

muse, it is true that "Celebration" is far from a well-known classic. And it wouldn't exactly be fitting for the theme, either.

well.. Technically we share the island with Haiti so they are not an island and they have the shortest part but I understand what you said :thumbsup:

Well its gonna have to be somthing slow or a subdued version of an upbeat track, maybe from 'Somthing to Remember' album or Live to tell maybe x

IS this gonna be like the Imagine she did in a studio? Why do some people make it seem that it would be like a Live 8 kinda show?

Guest nothingfails0603

telethons give me the creeps.

I agree with you after the 9-11 and Katrina ones. They seem like photo ops for celebrities to show off how great they are... oooh, you see Brad Pitt and George Clooney answering phones, get these guys Nobel prizes :lol:

The music on these shows are usually good, but it seems like for a lot of the non-singers it's just an ego fest to show off, and I think a disaster is the worst time to do such a thing.

Guest dicktracy

Don't Tell Me would be the most appropriate. However, it would be awesome if she did an acoustic version of Why's It So Hard?, but it's not a classic or a single for that matter...

Swim

:lol:

I always thought it was hilarious that some people suggested she should've done that one for the Tsunami concert.

"Swim to the ocean floor, crash to the other shore..."

What about Drowned World?

No, I don't hink so.

What if she does Music?... You know just because "Music, makes the people come together"

Oh I know, Open your heart would be perfect, and my dream come true.

But I am almost sure she will go with Like a Prayer at the end.

knowing her she will do something lame like a song or two from her last tour and probably it would be like a prayer...music...and fucking borring and for me a song that should rest some time ray of light...

how many songs she ll do? hope it will be great as live aid but without those songs...so...pls M choose some songs that we havent heard for a long long long time or never....

imagine if she ll do something like SOMETHING TO REMEMBER sitting on a piano...woow...:) but not going to happen...

she ll do like a prayer and its borring...

The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT on Friday, January 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and 7 p.m. CT. Hope for Haiti Now will also air on newly added networks including PBS, TNT, Showtime, Comedy Central, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, Centric, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television and MuchMusic. It also will stream on numerous websites, and it is available to all terrestrial radio stations and Sirius XM for a one-time live broadcast via the MTV Radio Network and Westwood One. :shock:

Hate to piss on anyone's chips but has this been confirmed? I've not seen her mentioned anywhere else, including this latest news story from digitalspy.co.uk:

MTV has confirmed the lineup for the 'Hope For Haiti Now' earthquake benefit telethon.

The event, which is hosted by George Clooney and Wyclef Jean, will be staged in New York City, Los Angeles and London.

Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Jean, Shakira and Sting will perform in New York.

Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder and Taylor Swift will play in LA, as well as a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.

Meanwhile, Coldplay's set and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z and Rihanna will take place in London.

All musical performances will be available to purchase on iTunes from January 23, with proceeds donated to the Haiti earthquake relief funds.

The two-hour telethon will air on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT on January 22, 2010 at 8pm ET/PT and 7pm CT.

In the UK, 'Help For Haiti Now' will air on MTV from 1am on January 23. It will also be broadcast on further digital channels and online.

January 20, 2010

Madonna To Perform At Haiti Telethon

We are happy to confirm that Madonna will join the upcoming star studded Telethon to air on every major network this coming Friday evening.

Organized and hosted by George Clooney, the Telethon is set to raise millions for the citizens of Haiti, which were affected by the recent earthquake.

Madonna.com