So... Madonna was mentioned on 30 Rock

GimmeSomeMo

Actually Tina is very funny and she is respected in the industry as a strong talented female that made it on her own much like Madonna ironically.

I looked her up on youtube and saw her doing the Weekend Update. There is one from earlier in the decade where she mentions that Madonna and Britney are working on a video. Tina reports on Madonna being "desperate" because SUPPOSEDLY in the video, Madonna plays a DOMINATRIX. LOL. What does this woman have against Madonna? If you're really a "strong talented female", I don't think you'd go out of your way to denegrate another woman, especially someone like Madonna. I mean come on, Madonna is such an obvious target. Seems like creative laziness to me.

Who cares really?

I've never watched 30 rock, and I've never thought Tina Fey was funny on SNL...even when she was ripping on Sarah Palin. Women who tear down other women are a dime a dozen.

People shouldn't waste a minute feeling offended for Madonna, who has been dissed by way more interesting, and substantial people over the years.

I looked her up on youtube and saw her doing the Weekend Update. There is one from earlier in the decade where she mentions that Madonna and Britney are working on a video. Tina reports on Madonna being "desperate" because SUPPOSEDLY in the video, Madonna plays a DOMINATRIX. LOL. What does this woman have against Madonna? If you're really a "strong talented female", I don't think you'd go out of your way to denegrate another woman, especially someone like Madonna. I mean come on, Madonna is such an obvious target. Seems like creative laziness to me.

Well MAYBE she feels that by Madonna letting her rock hard thighs and tightly pulled face do the talking instead of her talent and art she does a disservice to all women who feel they need to pump up their cheeks and their biceps to stay relevant. Then again, the same argument was made when Madonna first broke and she was all about the tits&ass back then too.

I think talking about the looks of another woman's appearance in the negative way is just tasteless and superficial. it reminds me of mean girls in high school, or the sad commenters on showbizz sites that say she's an "old hag" etc. if that's HUMOR, insulting another woman, then i find that very sad. how hypocrite of the media. one day they have a serious documentary about the insecurity of females of any age having anorexia or just having a low self image, the next day we have women like tina fey who mock all of that.

Sometimes I think they just mock her to get a reaction or even to get Madonna on the show. French and Saunders tried for many years. Yet they did mock her in a clever way. You know they adore her. And I wish Madonna would have done something with them. Now that would have been absolutely fabulous. :wow:

Yep. The USUAL response whenever someone is deemed to have slighted her. :dramatic:

Nope. I find it utterly unfunny. It's not my humour at all. However, something like Medusas dare to be truthful is hilaaaaaaaaaarious. There's a definite difference between good humour and slagging someone off because you 'just don't like them'.

Guest jamesshot

Nope. I find it utterly unfunny. It's not my humour at all. However, something like Medusas dare to be truthful is hilaaaaaaaaaarious. There's a definite difference between good humour and slagging someone off because you 'just don't like them'.

Precisely. Medusa was funny as hell. But it never felt mean-spirited. Just a GREAT witty parody and it worked on every level.

Tina seems to have a problem with "beauty". She is always downplaying hers ( because she's not beautiful) and seems to think that is how women "of a certain age" should behave. Look how she writes the Jenna character. Jenna is talented but is seen as obsessed with youth and therefore she is written in a mocking way as to suggest she needs to grow up and forget beauty and looks because, at her OLD AGE of 41, she is someone looking insane for trying to stay younger looking.

Actually Jenna is portrayed as ONLY caring about her looks and her 'status' which IS despairingly superficial. Sadly now that I think about it, it does describe Madonna as of late.

So yes, Tina Fey is jealous. She is JEALOUS of MADONNA for being a STRONG INDEPENDENT BARRIER BREAKING FEMALE. She better be breaking down those walls with her cheeks, they look hard enough. I swear, some of the posts in here.

Guest Pud Whacker

interesting psychological note, the people taking offense at the people taking the defense because usually they go apeshyt, freak out and hold personal grudges against people on the board who say things about their beloved britneys and joannes.

So yes, Tina Fey is jealous. She is JEALOUS of MADONNA for being a STRONG INDEPENDENT BARRIER BREAKING FEMALE. She better be breaking down those walls with her cheeks, they look hard enough. I swear, some of the posts in here.

weren't you the one who was upset at her first :wacko:

interesting psychological note, the people taking offense at the people taking the defense because usually they go apeshyt, freak out and hold personal grudges against people on the board who say things about their beloved britneys and joannes.

It is FASCINATING , Prof Pud :rotfl::thumbsup:

Guest jamesshot

Actually Jenna is portrayed as ONLY caring about her looks and her 'status' which IS despairingly superficial. Sadly now that I think about it, it does describe Madonna as of late.

*cries uncontrollably*

Oh, looky here, GSM trashed Madonna yet again and tries, so desperately, to get a reaction out of me ( as you did on the Mariah thread). Really, you try way too hard. You are never consistent either. As Pud pointed out, you flip the fuck out if anyone dares say something about your beloved Brit Brit. Go troll away snooki.

Guest jamesshot

Yup yup. And the same people have a favorite pasttime of making snarky comments about Madonna. It gives them some sort of perverse pleasure I guess.