Sticky & Sweet DVD/CD, Blu-Ray

Guest Danny86

I just got done watching the DVD. I like it a lot, it was filmed very well. The editing was very nice. I felt like the CT DVD was a little too over-edited, but this one was done very well.

I also really like the behind the scenes documentary. Madonna seemed very genuine in it.

My local Best Buy only had one copy of the CD/DVD and one copy of the Blu-Ray. I bought both -- not that I can watch the Blu-Ray yet, but I'm sure one day I'll have to upgrade or be left in the dust of obsolescence. (Best Buy had two copies of the single-disc CELEBRATION CD, a copy of COADF, a copy of HC, and one CT DVD/CD. That's the least amount of Madonna back catalog I've seen there in a long time.)

Target had already sold out -- but they did have a tag on the shelf for the CD/DVD @ $14.98 (advertised price). Target had absolutely NO back catalog for her (although they did have indexing cards with her name on them and CELEBRATION).

This was all on Wednesday, by the way -- only one day after release. So, yes, this was definitely under-shipped. Especially for Target -- if they're going to advertise it in their circulars, they need to stock the item.

What's ridiculous to me is that when you ask about the item, they say, "Oh we must have sold out." So, I say, "Will you have more next week then?" And they say, "Oh, we get trucks in every day, but we have no idea what's going to be on them until they show up." Okay, so we live in the age of electronic inventories, which are generally updated live, and no one knows whether they're going to have products they advertised. I guess you just don't want my money then? I'll go order it online, thanks...

when i first joined the forums in 2003, everyone hated the whos that girl tour. i was shocked, i was like, "who are these people?" i know now that theyre ray of lighters. now wtg is the best tour ever. everyone will deny they hated it now, because were in a different era. the same way people were displeased with the confessions tour...and album. omg i remember it all. american life - first it was the greatest album she had done - what music should have been - she really fine tuned it - its the one!!!, then the reviews came in, she didnt get airplay, then all of sudden everyone did a 360 and said it was horrible.

its impossible to take the pulse of madonna fans because theyre not very bright sheeplings.

Dearest - I am consistent - I love American Life, I despise the Who's That Girl tour, and the tracks left off of Confessions are better than some of the tracks on the album (Isaac? Push?) but Love Love Love it in the broadest of terms, Physical Attraction and any version of Forbidden Love are the all time low points for me and Burning Up and You'll See are divinity - consistent as always :-) but then, I too can recall dancing around to Like A Virgin in 1984...

WB should have sent "Like a Prayer 2008" to the clubs- that's definitely a highlight from the tour. I even like the mashup with "4 Minutes" on "Vogue" (though of course not a patch on the original).

Nevermind the clubs...'Feels Like A Prayer' by Meck is already charting in the top 10 here...

& it's so shit..& the video is a Get Together Ripp off... :americanlife: This marks the 3rd time a version of LAP goes top 10.

WBR just never learns..

Have watched the DVD twice now.

IMO her best tour and the best professional filming of any M tour.

She seems so happy and 'herself' in a way that she hasn't been in many years.

Flawless.

This is exactly how I feel. Since DWT she's seemed cool and almost aloof onstage....even at her "warm" and "fun" moments there was just something more distant about her than GS prior. That aloofness was gone with S&S. She seems to GENUINELY be enjoying performing. Her energy level rivals that of Ciao Italia and the audience is AMAZING! Madonna always shines more when she has a great audience. Buenos Aires did her good, they make the audiences of the last 3 DVD's look like they are at a Broadway musical or something.

That "not tangible" magic she spoke of was running through her veins this night. I have no complaints about this DVD, pretty much perfect. If I were forced to gripe about anything, it would be that the new 2009 songs and the Britney, Justin, Timbo, Pharrell guest appearances weren't extras. I mean REALLY....why not?? lol

This is exactly how I feel. Since DWT she's seemed cool and almost aloof onstage....even at her "warm" and "fun" moments there was just something more distant about her than GS prior. That aloofness was gone with S&S. She seems to GENUINELY be enjoying performing. Her energy level rivals that of Ciao Italia and the audience is AMAZING! Madonna always shines more when she has a great audience. Buenos Aires did her good, they make the audiences of the last 3 DVD's look like they are at a Broadway musical or something.

That "not tangible" magic she spoke of was running through her veins this night. I have no complaints about this DVD, pretty much perfect. If I were forced to gripe about anything, it would be that the new 2009 songs and the Britney, Justin, Timbo, Pharrell guest appearances weren't extras. I mean REALLY....why not?? lol

in truth though, with the CT DVD the crowd is extra 'remote' due 2 the mute editing.

I never understand why people say this sometimes. When is she not?

yeah, it caught my attention too, just didn't respond to it...

MADONNA is more transparent being sarcastic... she is genuine most of the time..

Not having seen all of the Sky1 broadcast, does the DVD have more editing/effects, or is it the exact same presentation?

My favorite parts of the tour (which was the first I did not see live since I saw Girlie Show in 93):

* Vogue: Works well with the "4 Minutes" music. Probably the song that has the most identifiable Madonna choreography- yet unlikle some others, she again does not rehash the choreography from the original video/1990. It's vogueing, but yet new moves (which she's done since Girlie Show)

* Die Another Day": Great clip. Again shows how she puts more into tour videos than regular ones as of late.

* Into the Groove: Fun, like the jumproping and the "Jump" inclusion

* Borderline: Just because she hadn't done it in so long; the new vocals don' sound as bad overall as they did on Youtube/Sky1; in spots, she did the vocals too "girlie" in the studio, but in other spots, sounds close to the live vocal- sounds like they put the studio vocals over the live vocal in spots, too)

* She's Not Me: Works well live, always love a good throwback to "old" Madonna looks

* Music: Nice samples, energetic

* La Isla Bonita: Could really do without this one on the next tour, but this was a bit better than the Confessions rendition- and there's always a great energy with the song, even when stripped-down (Drowned World, which was a great performance)

* You Must Love Me/Don't Cry For Me Argentina: Nice vocals- I like that she continues to incorporate Evita into the live show (three of the past four tours)

* Like a Prayer: Possibly THE highlight of the tour. Great mashup- should be serviced to the clubs. EPIC.

* Like a Virgin: Nice that it was two verses and two chorus, and not the just one verse and a chorus. Makes it more of a "full" performance

* Give it 2 Me: Makes the song even more anthemic. Only Madge could have a non-big hit as a showstopping finale.

Overall, it's a solid show and presents Madonna at her most "light" in some time (though it has its "message moment" in the "Get Stupid" interlude).I like that she remains true to feeling the need to add something new to old songs (she said this as far back as 1993)- on re-Invention, she didn't add much new to some of the classics, but for the most part,she's good for that, whether it's a small change or a notable overhaul.

Dear sweet Jim Rad, short for Radner..SKY1 was FUCKING IDENTICAL 2 the DVD :lol:

They just edited out songs/parts 4 broadcasting reasons..The Audio & Video was IDENTICAL.

*cue The IDENTICAL twins here*

I think I'm one of the few people on here who doesn't care too much for "Music." I've never really been that big of a fan of that song to be honest, and something about the version performed on this tour just seems kinda boring. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it... I think that's one song that she should think about not doing on the next tour.

acko, dearest, I didn't see the Sky1 broadcast, just viewed some of the clips that were posted on YouTube. So, I would not know of the IDENTICALNESS. Someone asked me, so I asked here, for those who did. :)

SP- "Music" probably was her big anthem of the 2000s, so I don't know if she'll retire it. Though she did leave "Holiday" out of Confessions Tour (outside of a quick blip clip before "Music Inferno") and the first leg of Sticky & Sweet.

Got the Bluray and it looks awesome. The high def blows you away and the costumes and everything look so much better then watching the clips on Youtube. The vocals seem a bit too polished in some areas but overall the performances kick ass. The crowd was amazing and it was good to see them and getting so into it. I really think that makes a massive difference to the feel of the show.

I think I'm one of the few people on here who doesn't care too much for "Music." I've never really been that big of a fan of that song to be honest, and something about the version performed on this tour just seems kinda boring. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on it... I think that's one song that she should think about not doing on the next tour.

i agree. but for me i think it was because MUSIC was one of the highlights of CONFESSIONS (if not THE highlight), that after that barn burner...this version just seemed blah.

I bought my DVD today & I've already watched "Into The Groove" a gazillion times. :dramatic:

Such a FUN performance!

i like it too, she's soo youthful in that, especially at the beginning when she's skipping, you'd mistake her for a teenager..

i really can't imagine any other Diva being at her level when it comes to energy... even the young ones...

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Watched the Blu-Ray last night. Brought it over to my friend's house as he has a home theater with a massive screen and super sound. The concert looked and sounded fantastic presented that way, and she looked beautiful. Having seen this show live twice it was obvious that the vocals had been tweaked, but this is how Madonna would've wanted the show to look if everything were perfect so not a big deal. I have more of an issue with these last few concert DVDs just not having that "live" feeling. With all the effects floating around on the screen, combined with the vocal changes it feels more like a film than a concert.

Sticky and Sweet is still my least favorite of her past 4 tours. I definitely enjoyed it more watching this DVD, and I appreciate the work she put into it but it's still lacking something. I think part of it was the end section. Like A Prayer was one of her best performances in all her tours (as evidenced by that amazing crowd reaction) and should've been the closer.

I'm saving myself... for the Bluray format. LOL! I just went out and bought a Bluray player last week. It's sweet, even though I don't own one Bluray Dvd. Though, one is on it's way... "The Sticky & Sweet Tour". The player does more than just play these DVD's though. You can play movie/music files via USB and also play content through the internet such as Youtube videos, BlipTV, Amazon.com On Demand, and Netflix to just name a few. Of course, you have to pay for Netflix and Amazon on Demand.

Note: I jumped on board and got a Laser Disc player back in the day when Blonde Ambition Tour went to Laser Disc. I still have the player and the disc and the few movies I bought at the time. It's all stored though. I just hope Bluray doesn't suddenly go AWOL on me. LOL! I do see us movie more and more closer to digital files though. I suspect pretty soon we'll all be using flash drives or USB drives to play our movies in the future. That's where I play most mine at the moment.

So, here's a little mystery (to me): Why doesn't this CD/DVD carry an explicit content sticker? The Confessions CD/DVD did, and the quantity of 'f' words was comparatively fewer in that one. In S&ST, she curses in "Human Nature," "Into the Groove," "Borderline," "She's Not Me," and "Give It 2 Me." In CT, it was only in "I Love New York." (Well, and there was some cursing in Hypnosis's part of the dancers' confessions, before "Live to Tell.") Unless I'm forgetting something else? I mean, she says *ss during the end of "Hung Up," too, I suppose -- but still there was more swearing in the S&ST.

I'm not complaining, just confused. What got me thinking about this was the mention that WalMart was carrying this -- which surprised me. They won't carry anything with the explicit sticker, right? I'm just curious as to why this tour didn't warrant a sticker...

So, here's a little mystery (to me): Why doesn't this CD/DVD carry an explicit content sticker? The Confessions CD/DVD did, and the quantity of 'f' words was comparatively fewer in that one. In S&ST, she curses in "Human Nature," "Into the Groove," "Borderline," "She's Not Me," and "Give It 2 Me." In CT, it was only in "I Love New York." (Well, and there was some cursing in Hypnosis's part of the dancers' confessions, before "Live to Tell.") Unless I'm forgetting something else? I mean, she says *ss during the end of "Hung Up," too, I suppose -- but still there was more swearing in the S&ST.

I'm not complaining, just confused. What got me thinking about this was the mention that WalMart was carrying this -- which surprised me. They won't carry anything with the explicit sticker, right? I'm just curious as to why this tour didn't warrant a sticker...

I don't think it's such a mystery; probably conveniently left out to get Wal-Mart to carry it. The iTunes & Amazon albums carry the parental tag, so WB knew...

Guest Topaz Scorpio

^I noticed that, as well.

I'm listening to the CD right now. Still not a big "Candy Shop," but it sounds better in the live form. "My sugar is raw" remains cringewort.

The S&S performance actually made me like that song. I couldn't really stand it prior to that. Kind of like "Nobody Knows Me" in the RIT.

And those f-bombs throughout the show were the most cringeworthy for me. They would just come out of nowhere and sounded so ridiculous. Madonna we know you are a fierce bitch so no need for the silly cursing. lol.gif

when i first joined the forums in 2003, everyone hated the whos that girl tour. i was shocked, i was like, "who are these people?" i know now that theyre ray of lighters. now wtg is the best tour ever. everyone will deny they hated it now, because were in a different era. the same way people were displeased with the confessions tour...and album. omg i remember it all. american life - first it was the greatest album she had done - what music should have been - she really fine tuned it - its the one!!!, then the reviews came in, she didnt get airplay, then all of sudden everyone did a 360 and said it was horrible.

its impossible to take the pulse of madonna fans because theyre not very bright sheeplings.

I'm slowly but surely realizing , bit by bit , the WTG IS her best tour.

oh and :ass: